Mario Kart 8

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,093 comments
Saw this just now. I sent my 2nd attempt for 1-A. Maybe I should re-upload my 1-B attempt for you and see if that works?
I still can't find it???

I think because of this technical issue, the Challenges are once again forced to shut down :(

I still can't find it???

I think because of this technical issue, the Challenges are once again forced to shut down :(
That's so wierd, because I found your submittion on MKTV. Maybe try following me on Miiverse?

That's so wierd, because I found your submittion on MKTV. Maybe try following me on Miiverse?
I have already when you followed me ;).

I think I'll not cancel it but the 2 Challenges are on hold, until I can maybe see what's wrong ;). If they go back on, 1-A and 1-B will still continue for 7 days.

Eight races went by pretty quick! :lol:

Whoops double post.
:lol:

Even though we were both Team Ice Flower we were still at each others throats :).

I made the dumbest move on Koopa City (falling off at the start) I really want to take that back. :lol:.

:lol:

Even though we were both Team Ice Flower we were still at each others throats :).

I made the dumbest move on Koopa City (falling off at the start) I really want to take that back. :lol:.
I got absolutely wrecked by the AI on the first race and Mute City.

I got absolutely wrecked by the AI on the first race and Mute City.
I saw that on the map :P. Surprised you came back after that.

Super Bell Subway was once again really close but, TOO MANY RED SHELLS that time :yuck:

As much as we want a the option to turn items on and off (I would turn off Fire Flower and 3 Red Shells straight away). The item system actually makes it impossible.

While in Smash Bros. it is totally random and previous MK games depended on Position. MK8 items depend on how far away you are from 1st Place. You can be so far in the lead that 2nd will even get hold of Bullet Bills, Golden Mushrooms and Stars (as well as making Blue Shells impossible to appear). If we were given the option to turn off items, it would need to change the item system entirely (if you took Bullet Bills, Triple Mushrooms, Stars and Golden Mushrooms off, there will be no item players very far away can receive). This probably why we don't see Fire Hopping patched either because that mean the Physics would have to change entirely.

I'm probably going to get a full list of set rivals in Grand Prix soon. The rival system makes it hard to notice but in GP, 2 of your 3 rivals will be the same. However if they don't come in the top 3 of the A.I in the points, they'll be replaced with the A.I that beat them until the end of the Cup.

Considering the coding of items is most likely a simple array, all it would require is turning an item occurence from 'on' or 'off'. regardless of how each weapon is calculated to be used, it'll simply move down the array and choose the next possible option. The condition for item choosing being hard-wired to the array would be amateur coding if it was however.

Considering the coding of items is most likely a simple array, all it would require is turning an item occurence from 'on' or 'off'. regardless of how each weapon is calculated to be used, it'll simply move down the array and choose the next possible option. The condition for item choosing being hard-wired to the array would be amateur coding if it was however.
However not all items are given, so there will be a "no option" if you turn off so many options.

If you are very far behind 1st and Stars, 'Shrooms, and Bullets were taken out, there will be no possible option as those were the the items that a person in that situation would get. Unless they change the how the items are coded, like more item options but this would hugely change the way the items work and the balance of gameplay. It'll make it more random than it already is.

You're basically just describing what choosing items is, its more random because you are making it random. It's only Mario Kart, not exactly the crucible of competitive competition. :lol: The idea that the item system would dynamically scale in adjustment to what items were in play would just be too far, a simple item on-off would not require any adjustment to the item system, how the game plays after removing items is down to the discretion of players and items removed.

I just don't see it working. Usually when you hit an item box there is a certain amount of possible items you can recieve depending on how far you are from 1st Place, if all possible items were removed that you would recieve normally you won't be getting anything since all possible items would be taken off. You don't hit an item box in 5th Place and there is a chance for any item.

I'll try to explain it easier with this:
Possible Items for 1st: Banana, Shells, Super Horn and Coin.
If all the items possible for 1st were switch off, 1st will get nothing as the other items aren't coded to be recieved in 1st Place.

The only way to make this work is to have ALL items have a chance to appear but that would cause a lot of problems (1st getting Lightning, or Blue Shell is a thought).

You're explaining your interpretation of how items work, not the one that has been coded. Your 'problem' only exists if you have official confirmation of items working in the way you are describing.

Plus, like I said. the list of items are 95% most likely an array, RNG logic would not effect item choices whatsoever if this was the case. That's what I'm explaining to you. Item logic and item-lists would be stored completely seperate.

You're explaining your interpretation of how items work, not the one that has been coded. Your 'problem' only exists if you have official confirmation of items working in the way you are describing.

Plus, like I said. the list of items are 95% most likely an array, RNG logic would not effect item choices whatsoever if this was the case. That's what I'm explaining to you. Item logic and item-lists would be stored completely seperate.
It's just what I've experienced. You never get **** items in 12th UNLESS you are very close in which you can even get coins :lol: and when I was racing with Doodle at Koopa City, I only got the extreme items until I got closer to him in the same position. Also, if you get very far in the race Blue Shells and Red Shells (not Triples) are guaranted to never show up as everyone else will be getting Bullets and 'Shrooms due to their further distance.

I guess what I'm saying is that the system is more than a simple RNG, it has some complex concept around it.

Nintendo are announcing their E3 plans today in a promotional video, I wonder if we will get any hints toward a DLC Pack 3 or 4 with any luck...

When I read that my hype was killed slightly by the fact that journal report was written for investors in March, they could just be talking about the release of DLC prior to the writing of the piece and not the date of the shareholders meeting. Would also make some sense since it wasn't until the last major direct that the releaase date was changed to April 27th as opposed to May 27th. I really hope that confirms DLC is on its way though.

Epic Luigi Photo:
WiiU_screenshot_TV_010ED.jpg

Might play some Mario Kart later, will hit you up if I end up online. :D

MK8 can be surprisingly photogenic.

Yeah :P. To be honest, 200cc made me hate 150cc as it now made 150 now feel way to slow :lol:

I went to watch your performance and you do have a lot of ability 👍. Practice is key so mistakes can be avoided (like all my fails in DK Jungle :lol:).

I've been drawing my fan-made Mario Kart games, and when I was thinking about my Rainbow Road, an idea hit me that I would like to see in MK8 if we get a DLC Pack 3.

A section based track that uses all the mechanics. 1st Section uses Water, 2nd Section uses Gliding then the 3rd Section ends off with Anti-Gravity.

Latest Posts

Back