Maserati In GT5 ???

data.jpg

GIVEEE IT TO ME!

Allow me to be the pessimist, but if Maserati's logo is used on R246, that could be the reason for that note. It doesn't necessarily mean that Maserati cars are in the game.

Nice! really hope to see the maserati in the game and hope it sounds like the video below :drool:

[YOUTUBEhd]jpTKbZ106Xo[/YOUTUBEhd]

I'll be honest... I'm not really a Maserati fan. However, I do think this is lovely news. I can already think of the Maseratis that run (or ran?) in FIA GT, not to mention Risi Competizione racing that Maserati MC12 in the ALMS, though not for points with all that controversy about it. I even recall the Maserati Trofeo Light that raced in the Rolex Sportscar Series in 2003 (the first year of the Daytona Prototype). Be interesting to see what Maseratis get face time for Gran Turismo 5.

I find it a bit funny if Maserati doesn't include the Maserati GranTurismo (not including a car that has the same name as the name of your game!). There are some Maseratis I'm starting to like nowadays. The GranTurismo is a beautiful car with a healthy dose of elegance and power. Guess it's time to get a wishlist going if you love Maserati!

From Gran Turismo for PSP:

The Maserati Logo, the Maserati wordmark and the Maserati model designations are trademarks of Maserati S.p.A. and are used under license.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3527/03102009371.jpg

It's official: GT acquires the Maserati license.
Nice find mate, that pretty much confirms it 👍.

I thought it was already confirmed, as we see shots of the PD boffins taking photos, Maserati is linked with Ferrari, and I remember seeing a shot of the PD office where someone was moddling a Gransport...or 3200GT...one of the two.
No, just taking the photos and so on doesn't mean they will be in . PD did the prep work on loads of cars for GT4 that never actaully appeared in game like the Marcos LM600, Renault Spyder and others.

Well then why bother making new ones at all? I'm sure the gaming community isnt anal enough to care if such a minor detail is missing from a real-life based track.

I would imagine Maseratis would be included. They have a pretty close relationship with Ferrari, and now that Ferrari is officially in I would say Maseratis would be a no brainer.
We're talking about Polyphony here....
From Gran Turismo for PSP:

The Maserati Logo, the Maserati wordmark and the Maserati model designations are trademarks of Maserati S.p.A. and are used under license.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3527/03102009371.jpg

It's official: GT acquires the Maserati license.
Yes, but just because one acquires the license to use a logo, doesn't mean one has acquired to the right to use the cars.

Unless, someone has found a Maserati in GT PSP.

That original picture is not a advert, if you go on Google street view is it a real Maserati dealership.

Unless someone has found a Maserati in GT PSP.

A little OT I know but I was shocked to find the MC12 racer in shift, does that mean EA have the rights for it?

A little OT I know but I was shocked to find the MC12 racer in shift, does that mean EA have the rights for it?
No, just because a car is in one game, doesn't mean it wont be in another. There's many cars in Shift which also feature in both GT5: Prologue (and presumably GT5) and Forza Motorsport 3.

EDIT: Yeah... assumed Rob192005 was asking if EA had exclusive rights.

Last edited:
Well actually yes, EA must have the rights to it to include it in their game. That doesn't mean the rights are exclusive. I know what you meant though and you are correct with the rest of what you said. Not every license is an exclusive license, if they were then you'd never find the same cars, tracks, racing teams or brands being represented in more than one companies games at any time. Some companies negotiate exclusive licenses, but most don't. I would imagine trying to negotiate an exclusive license it much more expensive than just a general license.

^

Agree 👍

And we already have seen PD take some pics of the Maserati Spyder!

Remember Maserati presently is from Ferrari, and that is important, because PD can more easily negociate licenses.

No not really, just because Maserati is owned by Ferrari that doesn't make Maserati any easier or harder to license. It still depends on an agreement being made between PD and Maserati. As I said in the post I quoted below, it was true that having a license to a parent comapny amde it easier to get the licenses to the other companies then we'd have seen Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini and others a long time ago.

They had a closer relationship with Fiat back when Fiat first appeared in the GT series right up to GT4, t's only recently that Ferrari bought Maserati from Fiat which may sound odd since Fiat owns Ferrari but it's not in the business world. One company owning or having a close relationship with another means nothing when licensing is concerned. There's as good a chance Maserati appears in GT5 as any other manufacturer, barring manufacturers with exclusive agreements already in place such as Porsche who's chances of appearing are highly unlikely due to thier exclusive licensing agreement with EA.

If one comapny could be in simply becasue it has a close relationship wth another then we would have had Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini a long time agao, they all are owned/ work closely with other manufacturers. Lamborghini is owned by VAG, Porsche is part owned by VAG, Ferrari is owned by Fiat. It's all irrelevant in this situation.

I think they are going to be in, on theyre site they had a virtual advertisment just like Ferrari for the new Gran Turismo Maserati and it looked like PDs work...

I think they are going to be in, on theyre site they had a virtual advertisment just like Ferrari for the new Gran Turismo Maserati and it looked like PDs work...

Really, when was this? Do you have a link to this video?

The car in the maserati ad is the Quattroporte and the one in the bentley ad above is the continental flying spur!

It is a Maserati logo. You can clearly see it here
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/gran-turismo-5-lamborghini-ferrari-larger-9.jpg

Zoom into the picture to get a better look. The car in the ad is a Maserati Gran Turismo

And, there is a Bentley ad above which appears to be a Continental.
We know that it's a Maserati ad and a Bentley ad, you're a bit late to be pointing that out. The posters are there in real life, as shown already in this thread.

We know that it's a Maserati ad and a Bentley ad, you're a bit late to be pointing that out. The posters are there in real life, as shown already in this thread.

Thanks, but i knew all of that, i thought that some people who didn't read all the posts should know.:)

It's definitely a Quattroporte.

maserati.jpg

I would love to tune it and throw it around the track in GT5!

A professor at my work has this exact car in gun metal grey and drives it to work everyday, so beautiful. Yesterday someone in a crappy Toyota Corolla took his parking space right in front of him so he got pissed and mashed the throttle and zoomed down the parking lot, man I could hear it from far away, it sounded so nice and looked great flying down the open parking lot at high speed. As he walked in the building I gave him a thumbs up and he started laughing.

Maserati is the manufacturor I want the most.
Not only the Maserati's from the past 4 years, but also the Birdcage, the Gibli's Biturbo's and saloons please 👍

Back