max drive w/ MK's program

• Thread starter s14curtis
  • 26 comments
I can't MK's program to read my Maxdrive files. Everytime I try to go to "read garage" and load my game save onto the program, it says "game not found"..It won't read it as a normal memory card file.

If you can attach one of your saves to this topic or email me one I will have a look at it. Not sure if it will help any, but is worth a shot.

lol. It won't even let me upload it. It says invalid file type...For some reason max drive is making the files unreadable on my computer. :indiff:

It's cool, Du sent me one to tset with, no luck so far, not looking promising. To upload random file types here, just zip them first.

sinneD
Try using a PS2 Save builder to convert the file to .sps and see if it loads.

PS2 save tools

go there and type in PS2 save builder in the search.

Hmmm..."Compatable with Sharkport/Xport v2 (.xps/.sps), Xploder V4 (.p2m) + nPort (.npo) "

The Max files may be too new...

MK is aware of the problem and is looking into it...if anyone can solve this, he can ;)

To sort out this topic once and for all, MK's program only saves x-port/sharkport saves. MAX saves are completely different, as not only are they a different format, they are also crushed. There is no way of converting the two files. To conclude, hybridding can now only be done with SECOND HAND X-PORTS.

You can not hybrid with a MAX drive.

soultron
damn shame too.
I was hoping you could. no need to get one now.

I hope that one day we will. Maybe I will kindly ask Codejunkies the code, or perhaps I could work together with them to write this piece of software - they could make a pre-compiled dll that doesnt' reveal the coding. We'll see what we can do. Otherwise we'll have to wait until someone cracks it. Eventually someone always will. It's sure as hell bugging me, I want to fix my replay manager and if MK doesn't step up to the plate for GT4 I will go at it myself.

I was informed by CodeJunkies Tech support that the MAX drive and X-port were strictly incompatible and that no software would be released to convert saves. Good luck guys, u'll need it!!

it is very unfortunate that we can't contact MK, but I think we will need a new program for GT4, so if we're to hybrid Gt4, we'll need a new design made. Indidentally, if anybody is going to make one, can we have it so you can 'add car' rather than overwrite another one ;-)

NoQuarter
Hmmm..."Compatable with Sharkport/Xport v2 (.xps/.sps), Xploder V4 (.p2m) + nPort (.npo) "

The Max files may be too new...

MK is aware of the problem and is looking into it...if anyone can solve this, he can ;)
You've spoken to MK? ???????? I've notice that his buddy's haven't been able to get in contact with him in quite some time, How'd you? 👎

That post finished on July 26th 2004. I had my max drive before that time. Who knows what will happen.

Note to ppl in that post, i'm not a member: The MAX drive uses PS2 memory card files and compresses "crushes" them. A .max file is then save. .xpo/xps files are not compressed.

...yea...it doesnt work with codebreaker's .cbs files either...its ironic...ive bough 2 different little system things and they both dont work with mk's program...

s14curtis
lol. It won't even let me upload it. It says invalid file type...For some reason max drive is making the files unreadable on my computer. :indiff:
Yes,I have the same problem.....when I want to attach one of my max files it's just not there? :crazy:
As for my Prologue replays....I can't copy them to maxdrive,some kind of unknown eror it says? :scared:
What should I do?

I've figured that I need to zip the file so I can attach it to my post but I have more questions:
1.How do I transfer save file from my HDD to Max Drive so I can put it back on my MC?It says that "file is protected and it can't be copied here"or something like that?
2.Why can't I copy save files from prologue(Pal and NTSC) to my max drive,some kind of error shows up?
Sorry but I'm new at this sort of things! :indiff:
I can transfer game saves and GT3 replays(Pal) so that works but Prologue replays won't work?I've downloaded many zip replay files from other racers so I would like to check them out now but I can't so first question is more important to me and any help would be much apreciated! 👍
Regards

if u have the windows maxdrive program driver try using that...if thats the one not working try windows explorer...btw could u perhaps send me the driver for maxdrive...

crazyazn7412
if u have the windows maxdrive program driver try using that...if thats the one not working try windows explorer...btw could u perhaps send me the driver for maxdrive...
Thx to Arwin who helped me with this....everything works fine now and I now how to use max drive properly! :) 👍
Drivers?
Here are the ones I found in drivers folder! 👍

Attachments

• UMSS.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 19
  • UMSSPDR.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 13
the .p2m files don't work with MK's do they? There's no newer version out that supports them or anything? I wouldn't think so considering i keep hearing that MK disappeared or whatever, oh well if not i'll just try to use sinneD's guide.

That really isn't relevant any longer, using the PS2 save builder, you can convert your .p2m save over to a .xps or .sps then edit it through MK's. When you are done just convert it back to load it back to your memory card.

Back