Mazda 787B & MX-5 Heading to Assetto Corsa for Free in Next Update; 911 RSR Coming ‘Very Soon’

The most expected update for Assetto Corsa is still completely in the dark! No news, no tweets, nothing!
I see everyone expecting cars, tracks, private lobbies... but the most needed update, nothing!
It's called "the freedom update" where you're free to set up your steering wheel the way you want it, you're free to set a room the way you want it with the qualifying time you want, the number of laps you want so you can drive any car on any track you want instead of this preset bunch of bull***** that I wonder what kind of moron had the idea of conceiving the game this way!
Mazda MX5 cup, Brands Hatch only!
GT4 class? In your dreams! Maserati or Porsche only on Red Bull Ring only!!!
Kunos.... come on guys! Put an end to this joke and do it like..... everybody else!

The most expected update for Assetto Corsa is still completely in the dark! No news, no tweets, nothing!
I see everyone expecting cars, tracks, private lobbies... but the most needed update, nothing!
It's called "the freedom update" where you're free to set up your steering wheel the way you want it, you're free to set a room the way you want it with the qualifying time you want, the number of laps you want so you can drive any car on any track you want instead of this preset bunch of bull***** that I wonder what kind of moron had the idea of conceiving the game this way!
Kunos.... come on guys! Put an end to this joke and do it like..... everybody else!

They have confirmed that the next patch will include private lobbys and that this update will go into submission by the end of the month. Patch should be released in April.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Ali Samy (@sems4arsenal) on March 21st, 2017 in the Assetto Corsa category.
Yup it's coming so soon that they come today with the 1.13 version update... And also brings HTC vive support, mandatory pitstop and reverse grids

Changelog posted by Stefano casillo this morning on Oficial support forum.

- New Porsche 911 RSR 2017 for Porsche Pack 3
- New Mazda MX-5 Miata NA
- New Mazda 787B: mod skins made for the original 787B mod will need to be updated using the new template

- Added OpenVR/Vive support (beta)
- Fixed Mazda MX-5 ND setup ride height false indication
- Fixed Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV gearbox damage
- Adjusted Lotus 72D and Ferrari 312T tyre compound wear and heat ranges
- Fixed Flag rendering for VR
- Fixed colour balance for emissive items (lights+digital) when Post Processing is turned off
- Added downshift protection alert (can be disabled through the launcher options)
- All GT2/GTE cars default to Medium tyres now (also for AI)
- Fixed broken rendering when OCULUS mode is selected but no Oculus is actually connected
- Added Pitstop arrows to DirectInput Dpad: bind to the wheel dPad: can be overidden by controls.ini [ADVANCED]DPAD_INDEX_OVERRIDE=0
- Added Pitstop quickmenu + Setup pitstop strategy: this can be custumized and disabled by system/cfg/pitstop.ini [SETTINGS]USE_MOUSE_PITSTOP=0
- Updated Fanatec library to support new wheel bases.
- Fixed possible CPU warning when player gets retired.
- Multiplayer features:
- Added reversed grid races: the race session will be restarted in reversed grid order based on the standings of the previous race. Players disqualified in the first race will start from the back of the grid in the second race, regardless of their position being within the reversed grid range.
- Added locked entry list in pickup mode: same as in booking mode, only players already included in the entry list can join the server (password not needed).
- Added car Steam ID sharing in entry list: each car in the entry list can feature multiple GUIDs. Players can share that car (one at once). The name inserted in the entry list is used as driver name.
- Fixed server result log not displaying invalid laps.
- Fixed end-of-race session status for lapped players in lap races.
- Added Mandatory Pit: a pit window can be added to the race session. As a design choice, players need to stop at their pit box within the pit window to have a valid pit stop. Players with pit boxes further down the pitlane need to take this into account before deciding on their strategy. Players may make additional pit stops before and after the pit window, but only making a mandatory stop in the indicated pit window will validate their race. Server admins must decide on a pit window that allows all players, regardless of their pit box position, to comfortably make a pit stop under normal racing conditions.
- Updated Shared Memory

The Mazda 787b is one of those magic cars, where it's rawness is combined with a certain level of drivability and power delivery that makes it one of the most rewarding cars to drive in AC. I am a fan of the Mod car, so I expect the official one to step it up a few notches as well.

The 787b was awesome as a mod - I'm loading AC as I type this. She will be the first thing I drive. Oh, here we go!! :D

The good thing about these old Group C cars - I don't have to configure my steering wheel buttons with all sorts of crazy options. I can just run the default steering wheel button configuration that I made and have memorized. The DFGT has so many buttons, I had to put some thought into what I considered most important for me. After many changes, I finally saved a custom preset and have it memorized. :lol: :dunce:

Mazda 787b on track...
Oooh...Rev baby....Spin those rotors for me...That's right...Let's hear them revs!!!!! 👍

EDIT: Mazda 787b on LeMans track right now...I think I know what I'll be racing tonight. Group C's only! :eek:

Have they given up on console players? As far as i know the last update for PS4 is 1.12 13 february without the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 group B rally car and without custom championship.
From what i can see those things is still not in the console versions of AC.

I'm glad i deleted this game from my PS4, sorry for saying it but Assetto Corsa on consoles has been and still is a bad joke, i felt it was just a dumbed down PC version.

I understand Project Cars 1 had problems, but at least the PC and console versions had the same content and settings and when it was an update, it was released at the same time for everybody.

Last edited:
Wow, that was fast!

Have they given up on console players? As far as i know the last update for PS4 is 1.12 13 february without the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 group B rally car and without custom championship.
From what i can see those things is still not in the console versions of AC.

I'm glad i deleted this game from my PS4, sorry for saying it but Assetto Corsa on consoles has been and still is a bad joke, i felt it was just a dumbed down PC version.

I understand Project Cars 1 had problems, but at least the PC and console versions had the same content and settings and when it was an update, it was released at the same time for everybody.

I think the confusion comes from the continued time gap between PC and consoles. A lot of us may have hoped that gap would be closed over time, but if anything, it's actually grown (the time difference between the first and last Porsche packs got longer). It certainly does give off the feeling that consoles are less of a priority.

But on the other hand, PCARS had a much larger team, and that game was designed from the offset for multiple platforms, so I would expect a more concerted update effort from that game than AC.

Driver swapping is an unexpected feature. Curious to hear feedback from the PC folks.

@IngRobNy The next update for console will go into submission by the end of the month and will be with us within 2 weeks after. Custom Lobbies are on the way along with the Audi and the Highlands track plus whatever else Kunos have planned.

It's too late for me :) i deleted the game in january and i will not download it and install it again, AC is a great pc game from what i have seen from videos of the pc version, but in the console version we don't even have info about what upgrades is in stage 1 tune, the console versions is very basic compared to pc version, worst part i bought the season pass couple weeks before i deleted it :lol:, but that's my own fault, i have high hopes for Project Cars 2, Nissan GT3, circuit La Sarthe, the new track the Circuit of The Americas and more.

But on the other hand, PCARS had a much larger team, and that game was designed from the offset for multiple platforms, so I would expect a more concerted update effort from that game than AC.

I agree, but like many others i was hoping when Kunos Simulazioni teamed up with Digital Bros it could help, because Kunos said it would give them more people to work on AC, maybe it's a bit early to expect that.

I feel the same way! Every night I get on and it's the same lobbies, it gets old real quick. I also hate that when you try to join a race with 2/16 and it's started already, why is it on the list? Then the car list in the lobbies 2 Ferrari 2 Lamborghini, I don't get that.

@IngRobNy
You deleted AC from your PS4?
I can't understand why tho!!!
It's a dumb down version of the pc version? Maybe.
DLC content comes way later than in the pc?
It does.

But... isn't it a delightful driving experience?
Isn't it another awesome choice for you to experience and explore some different tracks and some different cars?
Does it take precious space in your PS4 that you need for other racing games better than AC?
Sorry to put it this way but what you did was dumb for all the reasons plus the money you threw in the garbage.
For what I've been noticing, Granturismo Sport is going to be another arcadish bubble gum car video game miles away from this new generation race simulators but still, I might have it. Not at all as my number one or even two racing experience but as a pretty nice alternative in terms of gaming, cars and tracks.

Then the car list in the lobbies 2 Ferrari 2 Lamborghini, I don't get that.
This is actually the only part that I get it. They do this to force field diversity so you don't run your Ferrari 488 against 10 Porsches 911R and spend months without spotting a Nismo or an Audi on track.

This is actually the only part that I get it. They do this to force field diversity so you don't run your Ferrari 488 against 10 Porsches 911R and spend months without spotting a Nismo or an Audi on track.
I see your point but it would be nice to do a race with just the Ferrari or just the gtr like they do with the Porsches.

I have to say that I'm more excited for the RSR, 787B and MX-5 than I am for the Quattro S1, Highlands and private lobbies. Is there any reason to hope that they've managed to bundle all this for 1.14 on PS4?

@IngRobNy
You deleted AC from your PS4?
I can't understand why tho!!!
It's a dumb down version of the pc version? Maybe.
DLC content comes way later than in the pc?
It does.

But... isn't it a delightful driving experience?
Isn't it another awesome choice for you to experience and explore some different tracks and some different cars?
Does it take precious space in your PS4 that you need for other racing games better than AC?
Sorry to put it this way but what you did was dumb for all the reasons plus the money you threw in the garbage.
For what I've been noticing, Granturismo Sport is going to be another arcadish bubble gum car video game miles away from this new generation race simulators but still, I might have it. Not at all as my number one or even two racing experience but as a pretty nice alternative in terms of gaming, cars and tracks.

The patience isn't strong in him.

Back