Mazda Eunos Roadster/MX-5/Miata Super Lap

I'm sure I'm staying the obvious here, but the transmission numbers are based on maxim rpm off the engine, so you can set the gears abs change the power around with out issues if you know the rpm at the time if the first set up, or you know the new rpm will allow the numbers from the first set up. I've been experimenting with using lower rpm gearing with higher rpm engines and vice versa see what it does with acceleration.

Been using the roadster 04, time 1:27. 724, finally tried the 07, down to 1:27.626. Last hairpin the problem, usually losing about a sec to top players last sector. Own tune which is basically stock, as it seems to work well

Interesting that none of the top 10 have posted any tunes (for this TT or any of the other two), even though some have said they would. :rolleyes: Seem to have hit a wall with mine, could use some help on this one, mainly with power upgrades and weight. I have a decent tune, just don't seem to have the same power as the top people. I have no problems sharing, how about any of you aliens??? Any ideas on the right power upgrade combinations and weight????

Interesting that none of the top 10 have posted any tunes (for this TT or any of the other two), even though some have said they would. :rolleyes: Seem to have hit a wall with mine, could use some help on this one, mainly with power upgrades and weight. I have a decent tune, just don't seem to have the same power as the top people. I have no problems sharing, how about any of you aliens??? Any ideas on the right power upgrade combinations and weight????

hope this helps Cargo,from what i can figure i come up with this,roadster 07 no oil change,race exhaust,weight stage 2,ballast 20kg@0,twin clutch,carbon hood,carbon drive shaft,tranny,diff,susp, so power 100% so you should have 181 hp,994 kg weight at 52:48 now i have just got to find decent tune to go with this,this power might get in 27's....hope this is good,let me know how ya go oh and i think i have race brakes...i am stuck in 28's. edit just dropped under 1:28 went back to stg 3 weight 175 hp...hmm very weird this one.

Last edited:
Been pounding away at this seasonal and ive hit my wall, started at 1:33.xxx with stock 07, changed a couple thing a couple of ticks here an there, new personal best is 1:31:302 puts me at 5,282 and that in itself is another personal best. Also did my own tune for this one, i know ive got the gears bang on an the car seems pretty stable too.... Ill try to eke out a couple more tenths but i think im done
Suspension is just racing hard
Stock brakes at 5/5
Tranny top speed 200kph
1st gear 3.171
2- 2.326
3- 1.784
4- 1.444
5- 1.215
6- 1.038
Final 4.493
Lsd 5/28/13
Added parts twin clutch/ carbon shaft, sports comp, sports ex, header, race cat, all other stock power limit at 84.4
Full weight redux stock hood and windows
Im sure with suspension tuning i could get a bit lower but im pretty happy with this. Feel free to try the gear ratios and let me know if some improvements are there, im just at the top of sixth at the first turn so no power waste
169 hp an 410 pp

Pulled 3 more laps 1:30.431 dropped to 2,986, i think if I'm going to pull any more time ill need to do some suspension tuning
Ill give GTP_CargoRatt suspension setup a go

interesting....I just watched the reply for 1st place, at the opening of the lap his speed is 165km/h at the start/finish, his speed at the finish/start is 155 km/h, he is sacing one lap to get a hotter lap, going very wide on the last hairpin to get a longer run up for the opening of the lap, other wise the transmission and power set ups are getting the same speeds he is just hanging it all out and holding far more speed in the corners than I am. acceleration out of the corners and all of that is the same

Now I'm cooking with peanut oil. :lol: Improved to 1'27.371 with more to come. Figured out what I was doing wrong...very embarrassed to say that I was only running with stage 1 weight reduction, :dunce: all the while trying to figure out the right power upgrades. I must have switched it early on in my experimentation stage and never noticed to switch it back. I was wondering why everyone else was faster than me. Good Lord, even the almighty @Dalone was on my tail. :lol: I was thinking, no this can't be, he cannot be faster than I, I cannot be beaten by this guy. I mean seriously, if he were to ever beat me....how would I live with myself? :lol: I think I would have to be institutionalized. :lol: On a plus note, even though I was still ahead of him by a slim margin, I guess you could say it was like I was beating him with one hand behind my back. :lol::lol::lol: Sorry @Dalone, I kid because I care. :lol::mischievous: Anyways, enough poking fun at @Dalone, gotto go ride off into the sunset now. :sly: Peace.

EDIT: Now down to 1'27.061. (77th) Catch me if you can @Dalone :D

Last edited:
Hi everyone. My first post on here and just wanted to say thanks for the above tune. Got me to no. 233 on leaderboard which
Im pretty pleased about, now struggling to better it, but im not giving up just yet! Thanks again.

You're welcome and glad it has helped you. Congrats on the lap, keep pushing my friend, you can do better. Stay positive and keep the faith. :cheers:

Also, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay, a great place and lots of friendly competition. 👍

EDIT: Now down to 1'26.924 @ 67th place atm. I have re-created the tune which can be found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mazda-roadster-rs-nc-2007.13/

This is @Jordan 's new GTPlanet Tuning Database which is now in public beta for testing. Looks to be a very promising feature here at GTPlanet. More information can be found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-tuning-database-public-beta-now-available.305386/

I will probably start listing all my tunes using this tool. I'll always provide a link when I post a tune for those who wish to try it out. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

EDIT: Now down to 1'26.579 in 32nd place, just .112 away from taking the top spot on my "elite" friends list. :D I'm on a roll...

EDIT: And there it is, the top spot on my friends list, 1'26.299...20th place in the big picture. :D My best placing ever...so far. Reaching for the "promise land" now... (I am almost in tears right now I am so happy :crazy:) I feel like the Little Engine That Could. :lol:

EDIT: Well, since I've been going at this for almost 14 hours now, taking time out to eat and such, I'm going to have to call it a night. Still leaving about .200 out there until I seemingly hit my limit, will have to chase it another day. Still, very pleased at where I'm at with this at this point, even though I'll probably fall a bit. Today has been a blast for me, really had fun and my progress has renewed a fire in me that has slowly been dwindling. I have often wondered if all my hard work would ever pay off, today has showed me that it has. I know now that I can run with the best of them, I can't ask for anything more as far as my progress goes at this point. So, until tomorrow, I say goodnight. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

PS. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just very, very happy with what I have been able to accomplish today. :)

Last edited:
-------------------
Now I'm cooking with peanut oil. :lol: Improved to 1'27.371 with more to come. Figured out what I was doing wrong...very embarrassed to say that I was only running with stage 1 weight reduction, :dunce: all the while trying to figure out the right power upgrades. I must have switched it early on in my experimentation stage and never noticed to switch it back. I was wondering why everyone else was faster than me. Good Lord, even the almighty @Dalone was on my tail. :lol: I was thinking, no this can't be, he cannot be faster than I, I cannot be beaten by this guy. I mean seriously, if he were to ever beat me....how would I live with myself? :lol: I think I would have to be institutionalized. :lol: On a plus note, even though I was still ahead of him by a slim margin, I guess you could say it was like I was beating him with one hand behind my back. :lol::lol::lol: Sorry @Dalone, I kid because I care. :lol::mischievous: Anyways, enough poking fun at @Dalone, gotto go ride off into the sunset now. :sly: Peace.

Good to see what a better tune can do. I was running no weight reduction so I'll certainly be having a crack at your new tune, and thanks for posting.
I had considered suggesting you have a go with a controller like myself, to see if that made a difference, and I think it may have. Doubt that will ever happen though as you have likely been using a wheel for too long now to switch back. Having said that, I expect I am faster than you are using a controller just as you are faster than me using a wheel.
Do you think that is a fair statement?
Anyway I'm going to try your new (weightless) tune now.

1:27.423, tried so many variation of tunes......seems you can fit any tune on this car and it drives. Biggest problem for me is getting on gas early with ds3 and not spinning out. Especially when for me 5/60/5 works best for cornering, tc 1 but I can see my accel is a bit hampered. To break 1:27 I would need all my best sectors in same lap :lol:
1:27.336

Last edited:
Finally had time to play again! :)

And must say; I like this one! Tried to do with manual transmission this time with the DS3 and it's much more challenging :)

Down to 1:28,583 with MT, DS3 and my own tune which places me in 892nd place. I'm still adjusting the tune as I still have the feeling (just like any other TT) that I can do better ;) and the MT I have to get used to also!

Well I finally got my tune to where I'm mostly happy with it. Kinda wore out on the Roadsters after the FITT event :lol: :yuck:
Had trouble with this car in the FITT challenge and had trouble with it here.
It's a lose car but it's fast, if you can hold it together you can push 1:27 or less with this one. my moderate skill was putting this at 1:27.8xx with my best sectors strung together but could pull a full best lap.
Roadster '07 Seasonal Cape Ring 410PP CS

Last edited:
Good evening gentlemen,
very nice and efficient adjustment directed by " TurnLeft "

roadster-upgrade-png.130297

my time : 1.29.703
No aids, except ABS 1, manual, DS3

Hi Cargo, I cant get the transmission to match. I also only have 143 ft-lb of torque. did you do an oil change? TIA

Got myself an 1:29,336 and position 188 at the moment. This is what I did:

MX-5 1800 RS (NB,J) '04

Suspension:
90 / 100
4,85 / 6,08
4 / 4
3 / 3
7 / 7
0,0 / 0,0
-0,11 / 0,00

Brakes:
7 / 7

Gearbox:
Set speed to minimum and final gear to max.
Now from 1st to 5th all to minimum
6th: 1,201
Final: 3,000

LSD:

Triple clutch thingy
Carbon driveshaft

Power:
95,6%
engine-tuning stage 1
Exhaust: sport

Weight:
Weight reduction stage 3
carbon hood
window weight reduction

no oil change
Cool tune.:)
Got me gold thanks.

1:26.982, @GTP_CargoRatt changed lsd to 5/60/5 . Never really know if changes help or I just got lucky. was . 6 behind Escama at 2nd sector. Still don't know how I want to drive last sector. Might be that I put tc to 0. PB's 1 and 2 sector, 3rd I was off by .3

Last edited:
1:26.982, @GTP_CargoRatt changed lsd to 5/60/5 . Never really know if changes help or I just got lucky. was . 6 behind Escama at 2nd sector. Still don't know how I want to drive last sector. Might be that I put tc to 0
Putting the tc at 0 will take some adjustments to your style, and maybe some to the accl settings on the LSD, that outside wheel will be lighting up like mad with it set to 60.
BTW great time keep at it. Far better than anything I can do

Putting the tc at 0 will take some adjustments to your style, and maybe some to the accl settings on the LSD, that outside wheel will be lighting up like mad with it set to 60.
BTW great time keep at it. Far better than anything I can do

Didn't have a problem with it, I think its that Cargos tune is for smooth driving(not my forte usually) Probably cause I am sleepy. ty

OMG....I have just made it to 15th on the leaderboard...1'26.140 :D I can't believe it. :dopey::crazy::boggled::eek: Just a few more spots to go to the "promise land". All those late night practice sessions, playing through pain, blood, sweat, and tears.....its finally paying off. YEA BABY!!!!!!!

OMG....I have just made it to 15th on the leaderboard...1'26.140 :D I can't believe it. :dopey::crazy::boggled::eek: Just a few more spots to go to the "promise land". All those late night practice sessions, playing through pain, blood, sweat, and tears.....its finally paying off. YEA BABY!!!!!!!

Nice job man keep it up, still using the tune you posted today?

You're welcome and glad it has helped you. Congrats on the lap, keep pushing my friend, you can do better. Stay positive and keep the faith. :cheers:

Also, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay, a great place and lots of friendly competition. 👍

EDIT: Now down to 1'26.924 @ 67th place atm. I have re-created the tune which can be found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mazda-roadster-rs-nc-2007.13/

This is @Jordan 's new GTPlanet Tuning Database which is now in public beta for testing. Looks to be a very promising feature here at GTPlanet. More information can be found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-tuning-database-public-beta-now-available.305386/

I will probably start listing all my tunes using this tool. I'll always provide a link when I post a tune for those who wish to try it out. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

EDIT: Now down to 1'26.579 in 32nd place, just .112 away from taking the top spot on my "elite" friends list. :D I'm on a roll...

EDIT: And there it is, the top spot on my friends list, 1'26.299...20th place in the big picture. :D My best placing ever...so far. Reaching for the "promise land" now... (I am almost in tears right now I am so happy :crazy:) I feel like the Little Engine That Could. :lol:

EDIT: Well, since I've been going at this for almost 14 hours now, taking time out to eat and such, I'm going to have to call it a night. Still leaving about .200 out there until I seemingly hit my limit, will have to chase it another day. Still, very pleased at where I'm at with this at this point, even though I'll probably fall a bit. Today has been a blast for me, really had fun and my progress has renewed a fire in me that has slowly been dwindling. I have often wondered if all my hard work would ever pay off, today has showed me that it has. I know now that I can run with the best of them, I can't ask for anything more as far as my progress goes at this point. So, until tomorrow, I say goodnight. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

PS. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just very, very happy with what I have been able to accomplish today. :)

ABS 10? Please tell me that's a typo!

Is ABS 10 quicker than ABS 1 or 0? Or does it just make it more stable?

Amazing job Mitch! :D:tup:

Back