Mazda Eunos Roadster/MX-5/Miata Super Lap

Amazing job Mitch! :D:tup:

Thanks Andrew. Almost to the point of rubbing elbows with you aliens. I feel like I'm having an out of body experience. :lol: Still can't believe it. :eek:
ABS 10? Please tell me that's a typo!

Is ABS 10 quicker than ABS 1 or 0? Or does it just make it more stable?

No, not a typo. To tell you the truth though, I have been switching it between 1 and 10 experimenting with it and really notice no difference with this car. My lap times are consistently around .100 of each other with it on 10 or 1. If anything, it tightens up the car a tad around the corners, more noticeable on the higher speed turns, which is actually the opposite of what I want. :lol:

OMG....I have just made it to 15th on the leaderboard...1'26.140 :D I can't believe it. :dopey::crazy::boggled::eek: Just a few more spots to go to the "promise land". All those late night practice sessions, playing through pain, blood, sweat, and tears.....its finally paying off. YEA BABY!!!!!!!
congrats well done:cheers:

T

Thanks for posting a tune, i would like to know how the leaders are reaching 168ish km's at the start/finish line at the start of their laps. I am aware of the run up and can push 155-56, I just posted a time of 1:27.128 putting me 112th, number 1 in Australia with the stick. Do you happen to know how?

They are reaching 168 when they are passing the red line which isn't the start line. As soon as the replay starts clock has already started...at about 157km

the first 10 are not aliens; they just drive a faster car. i have load a top ten replay, i pass on the first line at 155 km/h; the ghoast pass the line at 158. he pass me in 30 metres .... this is not drive skill, this is a faster car.

the first 10 are not aliens; they just drive a faster car. i have load a top ten replay, i pass on the first line at 155 km/h; the ghoast pass the line at 158. he pass me in 30 metres .... this is not drive skill, this is a faster car.

I'll have to disagree with you on that. I know about 4 of the top 10 guys and have raced against them before, I can assure you that they are indeed "aliens", or very highly skilled drivers. Since we are all driving the same car, it is only the tunes that separate us, which, at best, is only good for 3-4 tenths....maybe a bit more depending on the driver.

I have worked very hard to get inside the top 20 and your statement is like saying I had nothing to do with it as its because of the car, according to you. Hogwash. I am driving the same car as everyone else and have even posted my tune...twice, for all to try. So, no secrets here, just comes down to skill, not the car.

After looking over the top 10, I can tell you that all but one of them I have seen in past top 10 lists, almost every time. So again, your statement is unfounded and false.

What you are mentioning could be because they are getting a running start in the hairpin or could be because of gearing, shiftpoint. Also could be a power to weight ratio thing. I know when I changed things around on my tune as far as power upgrades and weight, I started hitting those exact same speeds you mention. My tune is public, go ahead and give it a try, you should have no problem hitting the speeds you see. If not, well, that's on you then. I can't drive the car for you. :lol: (Just a little humor, nothing personal)

Last edited:
That's what I've been doing, and it's most likely the answer.

Yea, I don't even bother with that because what little time you gain from that you'll more than likely end up losing it by the time you come back around, especially if you are deep into it and are searching for a few tenths. I very rarely set a best lap on the first lap anyway. I usually do like 5-7 lap stints before I start over. Getting a head start like that really doesn't make much sense to me....to each their own however, whatever floats your boat. :lol:

EDIT: @Viper_UFO :lol: Mines faster...its a super slim. :lol::lol: Nice lap btw. :bowdown:

Yea, I don't even bother with that because what little time you gain from that you'll more than likely end up losing it by the time you come back around, especially if you are deep into it and are searching for a few tenths. I very rarely set a best lap on the first lap anyway. I usually do like 5-7 lap stints before I start over. Getting a head start like that really doesn't make much sense to me....to each their own however, whatever floats your boat. :lol:

EDIT: @Viper_UFO :lol: Mines faster...its a super slim. :lol::lol: Nice lap btw. :bowdown:

Kind of disagree with that. And by coincidence I just happened to set a PB time with my 1st lap a bit earlier today, I must say though that I set a better PB about 1/2 hour later although I had twiddled with the tune a little by then.
Improved about a half a sec now from 1:28.521 to 1:28.128 and was half a sec in front of that ghost on one lap.

If I am behind my ghost at the last corner I sometimes go wide to get faster down the straight, which definitely does help to get a better lap time overall. I can't understand why I am usually so far in front of the better players on my list, Cargo excepted, although I do occasionally beat him to the 5th corner.

Kind of disagree with that. And by coincidence I just happened to set a PB time with my 1st lap a bit earlier today, I must say though that I set a better PB about 1/2 hour later although I had twiddled with the tune a little by then.
Improved about a half a sec now from 1:28.521 to 1:28.128 and was half a sec in front of that ghost on one lap.

If I am behind my ghost at the last corner I sometimes go wide to get faster down the straight, which definitely does help to get a better lap time overall. I can't understand why I am usually so far in front of the better players on my list, Cargo excepted, although I do occasionally beat him to the 5th corner.

Like I've told you before, corners don't count because the only thing that matters is who crosses that line, after the last corner, first. Can't blame you for looking at the positives though. :lol: You're always making lemon-aid. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@Viper_UFO Thanks for the kind words my good friend, much appreciated Means a lot when a great driver (alien) like yourself, and one who I have been chasing the last few years, stands up and takes notice of my progress. Very honored to have your congratulations. Thank you. :cheers:

racing exhaust and colector, no oil change, this is my faster car.

i am top 1 ? im test renault clio cup for pc, in this days no put ps3

Used Cargo's tune for the most part, adjusting BB to my style along with ABS on 10 (who knew) and got a 1:27.208 with another .200-.400 in it with a better exit out of the last turn.

Thanks Cargo for sharing!!!

Used Cargo's tune for the most part, adjusting BB to my style along with ABS on 10 (who knew) and got a 1:27.208 with another .200-.400 in it with a better exit out of the last turn.

Thanks Cargo for sharing!!!

You're welcome, glad it helped and congrats on the lap. 👍

Thanks for the tune. I just had to tweak a few things to fit my driving style(or lack there of). Got gold in about 4 laps. Congrats on your time/ranking also!

Hey, thanks Rizzo for the shout out, appreciate it my friend. Glad you found the tune useful and congrats on the Gold...well done. 👍

Cargoratt - can't seem to get the same power output as your revised tune despite following all your upgrades as listed.

I'm showing 429PP at 171bhp at 92.3%.

How did you get to those figures?

Cargoratt - can't seem to get the same power output as your revised tune despite following all your upgrades as listed.

I'm showing 429PP at 171bhp at 92.3%.

How did you get to those figures?

1. Are you sure you are using the same exact car?
2. Don't do an oil change
3. Car is brand new.
4. No engine overhaul.

Other than those things, I can't think of anything else for you to check. Try going back and checking to make sure you followed my tune correctly.

Checked and forgot that I had a flat floor installed. Removed that and managed to get to your power output. Got the gold quite easily after that. Thanks

Checked and forgot that I had a flat floor installed. Removed that and managed to get to your power output. Got the gold quite easily after that. Thanks

You're welcome and glad the tune helped you out. Congrats on the Gold also. 👍

Like I've told you before, corners don't count because the only thing that matters is who crosses that line, after the last corner, first. Can't blame you for looking at the positives though. :lol: You're always making lemon-aid. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
--------------

Lemon-aid? OK. But you're right about the positives, albeit you dismiss them more or less out of hand. I would suggest that anyone who can sometimes beat you to the 5th corner, using a controller, is doing pretty well on this one.
I add that I can't catch up after that one, well, .........haven't been able to yet.

There are plenty of people that beat me with a controller, matter of fact, there are like 3 or 4 of them in the top 10. Not sure why you think you're so special or why you are giving yourself so much credit, its not like you are the only person capable of doing well with the DS3, plenty of others better than you. The fact that you can sometimes beat me to a certain corner means nothing, its the end result that matters. You are really grasping at straws here and I can't help but laugh as you desperately look for any kind of positive that you can find in your attempt to win this competition you apparently have with me. Face it Dalone, I am just more skilled than you are, period. And using your DS3 as an excuse or handicap doesn't cut it. There are many people out there who use a DS3 that are highly skilled and live in the top 10. Your controller is no excuse for you not being able to beat me, its your lack of skill.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but I am just getting annoyed with you making excuses for yourself and trying to compare your skill level to mine just because you can beat me to a certain corner. :rolleyes: That's really all I have to say. Good night Dalone. :cheers:

There are plenty of people that beat me with a controller, matter of fact, there are like 3 or 4 of them in the top 10. Not sure why you think you're so special or why you are giving yourself so much credit, its not like you are the only person capable of doing well with the DS3, plenty of others better than you. The fact that you can sometimes beat me to a certain corner means nothing, its the end result that matters. You are really grasping at straws here and I can't help but laugh as you desperately look for any kind of positive that you can find in your attempt to win this competition you apparently have with me. Face it Dalone, I am just more skilled than you are, period. And using your DS3 as an excuse or handicap doesn't cut it. There are many people out there who use a DS3 that are highly skilled and live in the top 10. Your controller is no excuse for you not being able to beat me, its your lack of skill.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but I am just getting annoyed with you making excuses for yourself and trying to compare your skill level to mine just because you can beat me to a certain corner. :rolleyes: That's really all I have to say. Good night Dalone. :cheers:
Ha ha, you take everything too seriously Cargo.
Anyway you said; "The fact that you can sometimes beat me to a certain corner means nothing,".
I actually said that I can sometimes beat you not just to a certain corner, but to the first 5 corners. Which is probably about half the race and so something worth mentioning. I'm sure you would be mentioning it too if you were beating the top guy to the first 5 corners.
But you think I seriously worry about our little contest. No mate, it's just a game to me and I like having a bit of fun with you along the way. I figured it was mutual.

As for; "Face it Dalone, I am just more skilled than you are, period. And using your DS3 as an excuse or handicap doesn't cut it."
Well I've always acknowledged you are faster (more skilled) than myself, why you keep pretending otherwise is a mystery to me.
However I reckon I am likely faster than you if you were using a DS3, although unless you have a crack with one and post a time showing one we'll never know.
Finally, it is a fact that a DS3 in most hands is a second or so slower than a wheel. But, no worries, all good.

Last edited:
You're welcome and glad it has helped you. Congrats on the lap, keep pushing my friend, you can do better. Stay positive and keep the faith. :cheers:

Also, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay, a great place and lots of friendly competition. 👍

EDIT: Now down to 1'26.924 @ 67th place atm. I have re-created the tune which can be found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mazda-roadster-rs-nc-2007.13/

This is @Jordan 's new GTPlanet Tuning Database which is now in public beta for testing. Looks to be a very promising feature here at GTPlanet. More information can be found here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-tuning-database-public-beta-now-available.305386/

I will probably start listing all my tunes using this tool. I'll always provide a link when I post a tune for those who wish to try it out. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

EDIT: Now down to 1'26.579 in 32nd place, just .112 away from taking the top spot on my "elite" friends list. :D I'm on a roll...

EDIT: And there it is, the top spot on my friends list, 1'26.299...20th place in the big picture. :D My best placing ever...so far. Reaching for the "promise land" now... (I am almost in tears right now I am so happy :crazy:) I feel like the Little Engine That Could. :lol:

EDIT: Well, since I've been going at this for almost 14 hours now, taking time out to eat and such, I'm going to have to call it a night. Still leaving about .200 out there until I seemingly hit my limit, will have to chase it another day. Still, very pleased at where I'm at with this at this point, even though I'll probably fall a bit. Today has been a blast for me, really had fun and my progress has renewed a fire in me that has slowly been dwindling. I have often wondered if all my hard work would ever pay off, today has showed me that it has. I know now that I can run with the best of them, I can't ask for anything more as far as my progress goes at this point. So, until tomorrow, I say goodnight. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

PS. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just very, very happy with what I have been able to accomplish today. :)

14 hours?? How many miles did you drive already with this car? Time to buy a new one :D

Good to see you're also using a "stiff" rear end of the car, shows I'm on the good way with my tuning skills. Well, can not call it skills but you know what I mean :lol:

Grrrrrrrrrr, just had my best sector and a 1/2, nose to nose with Escama...gf phoned at that moment....ruined lap. The worst part is not blowing that lap, but knowing I can do much better. Or else I was satisfied with my time :banghead: . Any tips for last sector, last hairpin, best I have done on good lap is 34.8 Have seen the top ghosts, but am missing data logger etc .

Well just improved .250 to 1:26.710, last sector 34.7 . top drivers must be doing 34.4xx

105 110
3.24 4.00
3 3
3 3
3 4
0 0.20 bb7/7
5/60/5

gearing Silver Dragon http://silverdragongaming.com/GranTurismo/viewtopic.php?f=594&t=473
Set final gear to 3.400
Set TS to 180 km/h
1st 4.426
2nd 3.270
3rd 2.583
4th 2.118
5th 1.805
6th 1.557
Set Final Gear to 2.500.. I set it to 2.798

Last edited:
Don't think I'll have Cargo worried just yet, however have improved to 1:27.973, pos # 415.
Am currently using stock gears but will try Noway's.

And Davo, what is your best time with the third generation car?

Update.....I think Noway's gears are superior to what I've been using so will try the whole tune and see how it goes. Of course it may be just the effects of alcohol which are helping me?

Last edited:
Back