Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by smasherguy1020, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Fair enough, it is a necessity. :) But let's not stray too off-topic again, shall we? There has been enough of that already in this thread. ;)

TexRex likes this.
  2. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Indeed. Any thoughts on the LM55's torque figures? Above or below 450ft-lbs?

3. toospiciecc

toospiciecc

My opinion I LOVE THE MAZDA LM55,it kind of makes me wonder that Mazda SHOULD return to Le Mans with their LMP1 and it looks like a LMP1 and sure,it's a VisionGT car but it's a symbol of what is what could be the new pinochle of Motorsport.
    If only GT will get better?

AgentBlackDog, Rotorist and dimassa19 like this.
  4. R5

R5 (Banned)

I'd say close to 1000bhp with about 600 lbs.

5. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Figures likely discovered by comparing power/weight to limited/ballasted cars in garage. Given the horsepower and the fact that it's a rotary, I really can't see it topping 500.

STIGGY_34 and Rotorist like this.
  6. Kurei

Kurei

Do we have any further information on the engine itself, other than "Rotary" ?. I see Mazda's 'SKYACTIV' logo on the rear fin, curious as to if that's involved in it's 'design', or if it's just Marketing-PR on a concept racer.

Would love to see some sketches or blue-prints, anything technical really, but I highly doubt we'd see such info. :lol:

7. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

There is an image on the sketch page in the game that shows the inner parts of the car, but that's about it. They haven't really said much about the engine itself, most of the info regarding it comes from the sound. I guess it was mostly Marketing speech, but the engine does feel like a rotary ingame so that is what matters.

Edit: I rewatched the LM55 final trailer; no mentions of the powerplant there. And no references on the car's description in the site either. It's mostly the design side of the car, the whole "Kodo + 2020 + 787B = LM55" equation. Guess the rotary bit was mostly PD and Mazda agreeing to do that because of the Wankel legacy more than anything else...

Speaking of the image, here it is:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  8. R5

R5 (Banned)

Skyactiv is more an idea of saving weight to aid fuel economy than a single engine idea. It can be gear boxes, or the hybrid system instead.

Rotorist, AgentBlackDog and TexRex like this.
  9. Kurei

Kurei

I suspected that was as far as we'd see/learn tech-wise. Agreed on the 'feel' of the engine though, PD got the 'pop' of the flames right (need a good sub/sound system to truly hear it). I may just have to acquire a Furai and start racing that a bit, ethanol-fuelled 3-rotor correct ?. I need my race-tech fix until P.CARS :lol:

That'd make sense, especially on the 'world-stage' of Motorsports, perhaps the vehicles radical 'aero' shape is part of their SKYACTIV philosophy then ?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Niku Driver HC likes this.
  10. R5

R5 (Banned)

It could very well be

11. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

Hey, at least it has a more accurate (if somewhat impersonal) engine noise than other rotary cars. And it backfires like one too. :lol:

Also, you really need to buy a Furai, just for that handling. I had never bought one in GT6 before; now I know how much of a bad decision that was after actually buying one (in red, plenty of colours to pick). Brilliant, in both the design and the performance departments. And yes, it is powered by a 3-rotor, ethanol-fueled rotary engine (done by a company called Racing Beat, who also designed the muffler canister). In a Courage chassis, that car flies. Even if it is nowhere as fast as the LM55. :drool:

That's one of looking at it. A lighter car, and a whole new aerodynamic idea. Notice how the exhausts are lined up; one on each side of the rear "fin". That is an example.

Rotorist and Kurei like this.
  12. Polsixe

Polsixe

Would it be a legal LMP car? I don't see the cutouts on top of the fenders (wings as they say over there?).

13. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

It's meant to be a vision of an LMP for 2020. There is no rulebook for that time yet, so they can do whatever with the car.

Rotorist and TexRex like this.
  14. Niku Driver HC

Niku Driver HC

They did take some tips from modern LMPs, though. The fin; the fact that it is a closed roof car. The only thing it's missing is an electric motor, otherwise it could pass as a modern LMP itself. Of course, you would have to make a few changes to the design...

Rotorist likes this.
  15. R5

R5 (Banned)

This car is slowly becoming my cursed enemy online...

16. trustjab

trustjab

Ill post my setup later. Very stable. I found that in order to have a consistent braking event, I coast a half second or so in the braking zone then brake normally.

17. Pootis

Pootis

I have noticed that when switching to bumper view at high speed, there is the short but noticeable high-pitched 'blip' sound.

Rotorist likes this.
  18. deviln3

deviln3

This might sound stupid, but having the gas pedal pressed at the same time as the break helps keep the tail in check. Brake balance was F 8 - R 10.

TexRex likes this.
  19. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Not even a little bit. Maintaining some throttle pressure under hard braking helps to reduce the amount of weight moving to the front of the chassis and the subsequent destabilization of the rear. I agree with the increased rear pressure as well, but since I run without ABS, I wasn't nearly as aggressive with my 6/7 setting.

Rotorist likes this.
  20. MonGnoM

MonGnoM (Banned)

The car's sound wasn't so exciting for me.
    UNTIL I turned up the sound, and twitched the gears so that they are now extremely close...
    That thing sounds just so damn aggressive!!!

But i'm asking myself, if this is a future LM car... Why doesn't it have a diffusor? A diffusor alone provides god 35-40% of the rear downforce, and this car is so low, the bernoulli/venturi effect would be great with a diffusor...

Edit:"insert quotes and commenting"

Well that's kinda normal with a race car, and that's what i love about it!

Sooo where's the lame part about it?... That backround? :p
    No, awesome edit mate!

21. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Just noticed. The 55 number is assigned on the 787B....

Ok im probably late on that one.

Rotorist likes this.
  22. davidt33

davidt33

Just bought it. Put it through 2 races for the win and and added credits back to the kitty. Great car.

Rotorist likes this.
  23. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Oh my God. A year anniversary since I last post here. Well 10 days short anyway but yeah.

I miss a Christmas gift by PD like this. Maybe they finally focus on GTS.

24. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I feel I am complaining about who can make up the most bullcrap but I think a rotary 4wd LMP car is too fanciful.

If it was a hybrid type RWD car with partial electric FWD assistance and the full regeneration whatever package, then yeah, it would feel more rooted in reality.

And yeah, a green and orange Renown livery should have been a 2ndary option. Missed opportunity all round.

Furinkazen likes this.
  25. VyPeR

VyPeR

Is there a 787B Renown paint on the LM55? If so, how can I acquire it?

26. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

There is not.

27. STIGGY_34

STIGGY_34

Pretty sure from memory all SKYACTIV is like VW and their BlueMotion system. Which cuts the engine when the car comes to a stop i.e at traffic lights

28. coryclifford

coryclifford

davidt33 likes this.
  29. STIGGY_34

STIGGY_34

SKYACTIV is a brand name for a series of technologies developed by Mazdawhich increase fuel efficiency and engine output. The initial announcement of the SKYACTIV technologies include new engines, transmissions, body, and chassis, which appeared in Mazda products from 2011

30. Aggserp4

Aggserp4

It's so badly optimised that even in real life it would drop your eyevision to 15fps