Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

hsv
Ironically, if you were the one to have originally posted that, he would tried to pick you apart instantly for it.
"Pick you apart"? How old are you:odd:? I provided actual data that backed up something someone said. You know, hard numbers, facts. There was absolutely nothing in my post that was negative or "picking apart" anything.

"Pick you apart"? How old are you:odd:? I provided actual data that backed up something someone said. You know, hard numbers, facts. There was absolutely nothing in my post that was negative or "picking apart" anything.

On the Nurburgring correct. But you ignored:

I'd love to know why you felt it necessary to provide this data from one of the longest tracks in the series.

His statement clearly didn't mention Nurburgring. As someone who wasn't sitting beside him as he made the post, I don't know if he intended to, I just assumed that he meant the average time difference on an average track. Y'know, the normal thing to assume.

By the logic you used, I could reply by mentioning the aforementioned tt's won by controllers and say that they are quicker, but y'know, I don't present my opinion based on extremes.

I'll check that back for you fellas! Original post in question:

As one who does not own a "five second advantage" (what you rich folks refer to as a "wheel") I have to say this is by far the best driving car straight out of the box for those of us on DS3.

No mention of the Nordschleife or any particular track in the game.

Oh and @Johnnypenso

Yeah, on a track 6 times as long thus giving 6 times the usual gap surely? So it would usually be be less than a second, which doesn't prove the statement at all :/

THIS. If a gap is 5 seconds on the N24, it sure as hell will not be 5 seconds on Brands Hatch Indy.

How old are you:odd:?
What does it have to do with the discussion?
I provided actual data that backed up something someone said. You know, hard numbers, facts.
That was pretty much completely useless and based on a ridiculous extreme:
I'd love to know why you felt it necessary to provide this data from one of the longest tracks in the series.

His statement clearly didn't mention Nurburgring. As someone who wasn't sitting beside him as he made the post, I don't know if he intended to, I just assumed that he meant the average time difference on an average track. Y'know, the normal thing to assume.

By the logic you used, I could reply by mentioning the aforementioned tt's won by controllers and say that they are quicker, but y'know, I don't present my opinion based on extremes.
There was absolutely nothing in my post that was negative or "picking apart" anything.
Nobody's said you have done, I have no clue where you're going with this...

The point I'm trying to make is that you seem to have ridiculous double standards everywhere when it comes to posting, and you'll often post whatever you wish to (no matter how relevant or meaningful it actually is) just to prove your own argument correct. Point proven here, if someone else had posted what you'd said I'm more than certain you'd be able to point out how ludicrous the whole thing actually is, but now you're more than happy to string something like that together in an attempt to prove yourself correct.

hsv
Nobody's said you have done, I have no clue where you're going with this...
"Nobody's said you have done". What does that even mean?

Yeah, on a track 6 times as long thus giving 6 times the usual gap surely? So it would usually be be less than a second, which doesn't prove the statement at all :/
Like I already said, it proves that he's correct at the Nurb. I never anything about being correct anywhere else. I think you guys are making an issue just for the sake of making an issue. :banghead:

Anyway, back to the VGT please.

"Nobody's said you have done". What does that even mean?
Nobody has said you did this:
There was absolutely nothing in my post that was negative or "picking apart" anything.
I think you guys are making an issue just for the sake of making an issue.
And all of the above isn't? Seriously, your double standards when it comes to posting are utterly atrocious. :lol:
Anyway, I think the brakes on the car are awful.
In the TT they feel very weak indeed. After tweaking them, even after giving it a very strong forward bias, it likes to snap at high speed (which makes you quite relieved it's not MR...).

Having said that, this car has a very nice party piece because of its tendencies. I think @The Stig Farmer would be willing to comment. :D

I found dragging the throttle a little when braking into a corner helped to overcome the stability-under-braking-issues, which were the only problems I had with this car...

... that and the fact you have to drop more cogs on the way into a hairpin than Dom Turetto does during a drag race is also a minor incovienience :lol:

If you ever do get the corner approach horribly wrong, a blip of handbrake and a lot of throttle can bring it round if needs be. :lol:

I changed my brakebalance to 6-5.. As I read somewere in this thread that upping the front brakes should help, that's what I did.. I have pretty much no setup skills, but this minor change did help me a lot.. The sketchy braking is still there on some occacions, but it definitely took the 'edge' off...

This car still needs a lot of tweaking though..

I changed my brakebalance to 6-5.. As I read somewere in this thread that upping the front brakes should help, that's what I did.. I have pretty much no setup skills, but this minor change did help me a lot.. The sketchy braking is still there on some occacions, but it definitely took the 'edge' off...

This car still needs a lot of tweaking though..
Sport Soft tires is very good too...[not for time trial, of course] I will try the brake balance later.

tumblr_nhax982h0d1qb815co1_1280.jpg

If only it looked like that....

Note: I found that pic on tumblr and i do not claim it is my work. If you, the person who made this design, saw this post, you're awesome!

Have you any plans for additional liveries for the LM55 VGT? How about a red Mazda SkyActiv version...
I'll see what I can do! but don't expect something like this, I fear that might be a little too difficult :lol:

EDIT: link fixed

EDIT2: definitely not what you mean, but it was easier to do lol

Will try doing a red livery in the weekend.

Last edited:
As one who does not own a "five second advantage" (what you rich folks refer to as a "wheel") I have to say this is by far the best driving car straight out of the box for those of us on DS3.

Um. You can go out and get a G27 for less than what the PS3 sold at for years. Yet, you have one of those, right? Ah, but I'm sure you'll fire back that you bought it used or something of the sort. I figure between the PS3, games, controllers, etc., cables, a tv that could possibly be a little smaller, yet enjoyable, etc...you've spent enough to be what you refer to as a "rich" person. Just helping you put things into perspective for yourself.

"I have to say this is by far the best driving car straight out of the box for those of us on DS3."
^^^Would have sound less ignorant. It is hard to feel bad for people who want a wheel, but make sure to include silly things calling wheels five second advantages and such. It is annoying. Stop complaining and go play the game. Or stop complaining and save up for a wheel, sell some of your stuff you don't need for a wheel and so on. It is pretty simple.

Um. You can go out and get a G27 for less than what the PS3 sold at for years. Yet, you have one of those, right? Ah, but I'm sure you'll fire back that you bought it used or something of the sort. I figure between the PS3, games, controllers, etc., cables, a tv that could possibly be a little smaller, yet enjoyable, etc...you've spent enough to be what you refer to as a "rich" person. Just helping you put things into perspective for yourself.

"I have to say this is by far the best driving car straight out of the box for those of us on DS3."
^^^Would have sound less ignorant. It is hard to feel bad for people who want a wheel, but make sure to include silly things calling wheels five second advantages and such. It is annoying. Stop complaining and go play the game. Or stop complaining and save up for a wheel, sell some of your stuff you don't need for a wheel and so on. It is pretty simple.

Please explain to me the point in buying a wheel that costs 3-5 times as much as the game it is designed for.

It is also a well known, documented, proven FACT that the wheel is an advantage over DS3. The 5 seconds thing is a joke (which most people get) that I use because no matter how many times I race, the board leader's time is 5 seconds faster than me, and they ALWAYS have a wheel. Yet, a lot of these people are the same ones who complain about purity of the game, hacking, corner cutting, etc. The difference is they paid for their cheat code.

To quell your sarcasm, I have been playing since the original GT, 100% on 1-4, and never had a wheel even on previous systems. I spend my money on REAL cars and motorcycles, and have been REALLY racing since 1995. GT is a GAME, and no amount of money can duplicate racing except getting out on the track and doing it. No simulator is comparable to the real world.

Please explain to me the point in buying a wheel that costs 3-5 times as much as the game it is designed for.

To make the game more realistic/to be able to enjoy it to a greater extent, if you have the money to spare.

It is also a well known, documented, proven FACT that the wheel is an advantage over DS3. The 5 seconds thing is a joke (which most people get) that I use because no matter how many times I race, the board leader's time is 5 seconds faster than me, and they ALWAYS have a wheel. Yet, a lot of these people are the same ones who complain about purity of the game, hacking, corner cutting, etc. The difference is they paid for their cheat code.

GT6 is a driving simulator, a steering wheel enhances the simulation and makes it far more realistic. You'd be ridiculous to claim that people fork out as much as they do in order to 'cheat', rather than enhance their simulation experience.

To quell your sarcasm, I have been playing since the original GT, 100% on 1-4, and never had a wheel even on previous systems. I spend my money on REAL cars and motorcycles, and have been REALLY racing since 1995. GT is a GAME, and no amount of money can duplicate racing except getting out on the track and doing it. No simulator is comparable to the real world.

If you're so happy about what real motoring offers you then why are you so bitter about people that plug a steering wheel into their games console at home?

This should be fun. Paid for a cheat code, hm? I just see it as you being bitter. Do you see any pictures or videos of guys from Polyphony Digital playing GT6 with a DS3? Do you understand why there are so many wheel profiles? DO you understand why they've spent so much time and money, working on FFb and physics? Why they've released patches JUST for FFb corrections?

You're barking up the wrong tree lol. You play games with a controller, so naturally out of defense, you're going to say you race in real life and blah blah. I too, race in real life and I have been doing so since elementary school. I spend money on a real car to maintain it (not mod it), a kart and an OBDI E36 S52 BMWCCA race car and a small business that I own. And I am still paying off the overhead from starting said small business. I am by no means rich. That is unbelievably amusing to hear that I am rich, because I have a FFb wheel. GT is a game, but it is not meant for a DS3. No matter how badly you'd like to ignore that. And they're only going to cater less and less to gamepad users.

If you bought I wheel, you'd play far more things than GT6. There are so many better games and legit sims that are cheaper than GT6. IDK why you'd assume I bought a wheel for one title. Buying a wheel that costs three to fives times as much as the game...sure, it's sounds stupid when you put it like that...but no one buys a wheel, just to play gran turismo games.

A cheat code rofl hahahahaha. Just bolding things so people can cut to the chase when they tell you you're very wrong. No simulator is comparable to the real world? You would be extremely surprised. I am 100% certain that you would hit the pit wall exiting the garage in iRacing and RF2. No doubt. You realize that F1, GP2, GP3, FR3.5 drivers, etc...that a fair amount of them have iRacing accounts, right? You're saying some things that you don't know enough about to speak on them.

Last edited:
@wvmgmidget
How is yours relevant and the rest that responded to his? Have you scrolled back at all??? What thread on here stays on topic throughout it's whole course on here, anyways? Not even close to one of two, unless it is a five or ten post response. If something controversial comes up, it can possibly be worth talking about. Even if it is off topic. Dimassa, you're not a mod - Yesterday the thread was bumped from LAST sunday. I think the bulk of whoever wanted to say what they think about the LM55 since christmas...a week ago, have said it.

Last edited:
Back