Mazda RX-7 (FD) Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Special Stage Route 5

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 241 comments
Not for me and I'm sure a lot of players will struggle on this one without the help of some tuning.

I added power parts only and drove messy lap after messy lap before adding a custom LSD and suspension. Got gold quickly after that but made a big improvement when changing the build to lightest possible weight and customising the transmission.

The last two changes made me just under 2 seconds faster. That's a lot and the extra laps will have played their part as I learned the track.

Well, I said it was easy because I usually struggle many laps before achieving a gold trophy. But this time I just needed 3 laps (well, I could have golded the event on my second lap if I hadn't hit a barrier :D).
I installed a custom suspension, 3-plate clutch, custom differential, custom gearbox, wing, level-3 weight reduction, carbon hood and light glass panels. My car was 502pp and I just used the power limiter to achieve the required 500pp. That seemed rather fine from the beginning...

I think light weight and custom transmision are the keys to success here.

I'm very, very far from being a good pilot. So be sure that if I could gold this event, anybody can... ;)

can someone make me a tuning for this seasonal event?
with this helps
traction control
abs
stability control
with this car
mazda rx-7 spirit r type a(fd)'02
i drive with a dualshock 3,the time i need is 1:33.0 or 1:32.9

Got a 1:30.058 best so far after about 40+laps :( Currently ranked at 86th though so quite pleased about that :D I want to break into the 1:29's so bad. Will try again tomorrow.

Success :D Tuned a fresh FD '02 with no oil change for more power and less weight and got a 1:29.526 currently 60th, with room to improve as it wasn't a smooth lap.

Got Gold on lap 4 with a very basic tune but its going to take more than "basic" to be competitive so I'm working on a decent tune now. With this being a track I don't normally run, its going to take a little longer to get a tune I'm happy with, but will post it when its completed. Good luck everyone. :cheers:

Success :D Tuned a fresh FD '02 with no oil change for more power and less weight and got a 1:29.526 currently 60th, with room to improve as it wasn't a smooth lap.

Shaved a few 10ths off my time and got it down to 1:29.227 currently 49th, Very pleased with that, though I know it wont last long.

Tuned up the Spirit R today and put in 125 miles over the last few hours, managed to get my time down to 1:29.966 which I am happy with for now as today's goal was to achieve a sub 1:30 time. More to come I hope. :D

Hi guys, i'm new to the forums! Just raced this event this morning and managed to get 1:30.818 with no more than 20 mins trying, got me to the 406th place.

I'll be trying to improve my time tonight!

First off, congrats on everyone that has got gold. Some good times have been shouted out.
BUT for some reason i am having a very difficult time with this TT. Sadly 1.36.xx is the fastest so far for me. have tried multiple tunes and I'm still sliding an screeching around. I feel like i have the power limit set to 50.0 or something. ANY pointers? I'm a very VERY average player with ds3. I usually have to put a lot of time into every seasonal but eventually get a gold lap.
Maybe I'm trying to hard, pushing the car to much. Thanks in Advance.

EDIT- I also want to add that I'm not one of those people that expect to get gold immediately. There is a reason we have a few weeks to complete the TT. Im Just feeling very inconsistent with my lap times or fighting to not red lap. So if theres any tips on How to drive this course with the RX7 spirit r 02 i would appreciate it. Thx :)

Last edited:
Got Gold on lap 4 with a very basic tune but its going to take more than "basic" to be competitive so I'm working on a decent tune now. With this being a track I don't normally run, its going to take a little longer to get a tune I'm happy with, but will post it when its completed. Good luck everyone. :cheers:
Can we have a:bowdown: " Cargocrankudoodle" tune for this TT please?

Of course a "Magic Mitch" tune would suffice;)

:cheers:

First off, congrats on everyone that has got gold. Some good times have been shouted out.
BUT for some reason i am having a very difficult time with this TT. Sadly 1.36.xx is the fastest so far for me. have tried multiple tunes and I'm still sliding an screeching around. I feel like i have the power limit set to 50.0 or something. ANY pointers? I'm a very VERY average player with ds3. I usually have to put a lot of time into every seasonal but eventually get a gold lap.

EDIT- I also want to add that I'm not one of those people that expect to get gold immediately. There is a reason we have a few weeks to complete the TT. Im Just feeling very inconsistent with my lap times or fighting to not red lap. So if theres any tips on How to drive this course with the RX7 spirit r 02 i would appreciate it. Thx :)

When struggling with a car/track combo I find it helps to focus on one corner at a time. Find the braking point that allows you to hit the apex and get a feel for how much throttle you can apply to safely and quickly exit.

You'll soon find you're leaving the ghost in your wake and you'll understand what people mean when they say 'slow is fast'.

For now i'm lapping around 1.30.5, with more patience and better tune maybe i'll break into the 1.29 zone.

:mischievous:

I'm .085 from gold and I agree that it's a bit frustrating. I used Marmite's tune above then adjusted the tranny a bit. My problem is that I'm not topping out at the end of the straight. Still in 5th. If you can keep the squealing down to a minimum, specially on the last turn, your time will get better. Hug the wall, don't swing out wide. Same for the first turn in the tunnel, hug the wall and don't go wide. For that tight left turn, second after the tunnel, I find the taking it tight is best. No expert here but that's what got me close to gold. I was less than a second behind CargoRat when I stopped last night so maybe I'm doing something right. :gtpflag:

I'm .085 from gold and I agree that it's a bit frustrating. I used Marmite's tune above then adjusted the tranny a bit. My problem is that I'm not topping out at the end of the straight. Still in 5th. If you can keep the squealing down to a minimum, specially on the last turn, your time will get better. Hug the wall, don't swing out wide. Same for the first turn in the tunnel, hug the wall and don't go wide. For that tight left turn, second after the tunnel, I find the taking it tight is best. No expert here but that's what got me close to gold. I was less tha n a second behind CargoRat when I stopped last night so maybe I'm doing something right. :gtpflag:

Yes, you are on your way but my run there was just a few laps to get the Gold and that's it. You should be able to easily beat my time there as my effort was minimal at best. Haven't had time to go back to work on the tune, but I should be able to do so today maybe. Keep pushing my friend, I know you can do a lot better. Good luck. :cheers:

I got my new GTEye brake mod today and have just installed it and WOW, what a difference it makes, in a very positive way. 👍 Its going to take a little getting used to, but when all is said and done, I believe this is going to be the best 30 bucks I have spent in awhile. I'm in the process of tuning the car for this event while getting used to the new braking, so its going to take a bit longer than I thought to get this tune nailed down. I'm about 75% done, so it shouldn't be much longer.

As far as the brake mod, I highly recommend anyone using a G27/G25 to pick one up if you can, you won't regret it. Peace.

When struggling with a car/track combo I find it helps to focus on one corner at a time. Find the braking point that allows you to hit the apex and get a feel for how much throttle you can apply to safely and quickly exit.

You'll soon find you're leaving the ghost in your wake and you'll understand what people mean when they say 'slow is fast'.

I'm .085 from gold and I agree that it's a bit frustrating. I used Marmite's tune above then adjusted the tranny a bit. My problem is that I'm not topping out at the end of the straight. Still in 5th. If you can keep the squealing down to a minimum, specially on the last turn, your time will get better. Hug the wall, don't swing out wide. Same for the first turn in the tunnel, hug the wall and don't go wide. For that tight left turn, second after the tunnel, I find the taking it tight is best. No expert here but that's what got me close to gold. I was less than a second behind CargoRat when I stopped last night so maybe I'm doing something right. :gtpflag:

Thank You! Both of you! I now understand the true meaning behind this "Slow is Fast" tip. I had to completely change my driving style for this car on this track. I stopped worrying about going too slow before the turns and found myself screeching less and less.
Im now sitting VERY happily with a 1.33.5xx and could even see getting faster. I used @xZAMGMarmite tune as my base and tweaked a few things. @rams1de Thanks for the tip about hitting the apex. @waddy2001 Thanks for the tip about hugging the walls.
:bowdown::gtpflag: Thank you GTplanet members. If it wasn't for these forums and ur help i would have probably thrown my PS3 into my TV last night out of frustration.

Well...
I tried xZAMGMarmite's, Clueless's and JujiroMatsuda's tunes, but they did not work for me (too "tail happy" IMO).
I returned to my own tune (worth what it's worth) and I managed to improve my time a little bit: 1:31:808.

EDIT...
As danbojte noticed, I made a mistake and posted ACRS421's tune (I copied the wrong tab of my settings). :banghead:
My apologies to all, and especially to ACSR421 :bowdown:, I never meant to earn credit for other people's work.
So, below is my REAL tune:

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Weight reduction: Level 3
Carbon hood
Light glasses
Rear wing
Racing suspension
Custom gearbox
Racing brakes
Custom differential
Triple-plate clutch
Carbon shaft

Settings:
Suspension:
Ride height: 95 / 95
Damping: 7.10 / 7.10
Compression: 6 / 6
Extension: 6 / 6
Anti-roll bars: 5 / 5
Camber: 0 / 0
Toe: -0.10 / 0.20
Brakes: 7 / 5

Gearbox:
Top speed: 240 km/h
1st gear: 3,149
2nd gear: 2,214
3rd gear: 1,658
4th gear: 1,299
5th gear: 1,063
6th gear: 0,911
Final gear: 4,110

Differential:
Initial torque: -- / 10
Acceleration: -- / 28
Braking: -- / 20

Power limiting: 98.6%

Downforce: 0 / 15
Ballast: 0

You can brake hard and late, and give full throttle in corners, it remains stable, and the rear wheels remain where they should, i.e. behind. :D
However, do not run on kerbs, it will not like it.

Feel free to try this and even change some of the parameters. And please give me your feedback, I really need to learn how to tune cars. Thanks in advance.
And again, all apologies.

Last edited:
rx7City of Arts and Sciences - Night_4.jpg
Haus of Flying Daggers

Car:
Mazda RX7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power:
322 BHP @ 6400 Rpm / 42.7 kgfm @ 5100 Rpm
Weight:
1039 kg
Performance Points:
500 PP
Tires:
SH
Weight Distribution: 50:50

Suspension :
(Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 104 Rear: 94
Spring Rate: Front: 8.45 kg Rear: 8.48 kg
Dampers (Compression):
Front: 4 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension)
: Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 7
Camber Angle (-)
: Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: -0.02° Rear: 0.20°

Brakes:
Racing Upgrade F: 6 R: 5

Drivetrain:
(Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to 5.200
Set max to 124
Set in sequence (6-5-4-3-2-1)
Set final to 3.685

Speed: 124 mph

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6: 1.032

Final:

Differential Gear:
Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff

Initial Torque:
R= 10
Acceleration Sensitivity:
R= 50
Braking Sensitivity:
R= 25

Clutch & Flywheel:
Twin-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power

Oil Change:
Yes
Power Limiter: 80%
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Computer:
Sports
Exhaust:
Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter:
Standard
Intake Tuning:
Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage:
Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce:
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows:
Weight Reduction
Ballast:
0kg
Ballast position: 0

I'm having a tough time getting gold on this one. Never was very good at this track. Can anyone post a video oh their gold lap s I can pick up some pointers? Thank you!

Back