SSR5_JP.jpg

Times:
Bronze: 1:44
Silver: 1:37
Gold: 1:34

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.23,000
Silver: Cr.33,000
Gold Cr.70,000 + Matte Dark Gray paint chip.

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.
PP: 500, Tires: SH, No Nitrous.

Eligible cars:
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '96
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '95
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '93
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '93
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '92
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '96
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '95
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '93
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '92
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '00
Mazda RX-7 Type RS-R (FD) '97
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD, J) '96
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '98
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RS (FD) '96
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '00
Mazda RX-7 Type R-S (FD, J) '95
Mazda éfini RX-7 Type R-S (FD) '95
Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J) '93
Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J) '91
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Tunes:
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @ACSR421 - Clueless, over The Hill Outlaws
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @xZAMGMarmite
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (Non-SRF) - @JujiroMatsuda
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @LJP64
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @DolHaus - Haus of Flying Daggers
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Typa A (FD) '02 - @GTP_CargoRatt
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @Ridox2JZGTE - RIDOX Replica Garage
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @Johnnypenso - Penso's Garage
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @Narrie82
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @Betty blue
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 - @et_

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS. :bowdown:
Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP. :)

A pic of a Mazda in list ^ @ SSR5 is also welcomed to dress up OP. :D
In event more than 1 is provided, I'll combine, or do a collage graphic.

----------------------------------------------
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
— Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
Wow, it was a real challenge.

They weren't kidding when they said the event was geared for expert level drivers. Took me a while to get gold. :boggled:

an event with banned skid force recovery, thought people would be over the moon about it , not much discussion going on

I just tuned one of these...too bad it doesn't meet the PP limit. Oh well; time to retune that Rotary.

an event with banned skid force recovery, thought people would be over the moon about it , not much discussion going on

I think it might have something to do with the fact that some of the people who HATE SRF like to force their style of play on everyone else and a lot of the people who use it don't really care how other people play their game.

...that being said. I think it should always be an option. I also think that there should be a filter in the Leaderboard so you can search for times with or without it.

Lol, no one wants to force anyone, instead you feel forced using SRF just for the sake of being faster. I don't use it, i enjoy the game without AIDS cause it's way more challenging, but that's me, what i don't like is that if i remember correctly with GT5 the fastest ones were rarely using driving AIDS cause they were not actually making you faster, but with GT6 SRF does. Whatever, this is an old topic and everyone has his own opinion about it. :embarrassed: ( mmmm can't remember if SRF was forced OFF with GT5 TT though... :confused: )

Plus i think no one is jumping in the air with this new TT cause the 'combo', track and car is not that exciting.

I'll try it soon, and hopefully i will enjoy it, proving that my concern about this TT was wrong.

Good to see a seasonnal event with SFR off 👍.

Got a 1:29:238 with a quick tune and some bad lines, not really happy with myself I feel a bit rusty :lol:.
I'm sure I can find an other 2 seconds around this track.

Bah ha ha! I'd been doing this for so long with the '91 RX-7. I mean lap after lap and barely clearing 1:36. I finally came on here and noticed others have been using the '02 Spirit. I borrowed pretty extensively from the Over the Hill tune. Gold medal first lap out.

Got a 1:30.058 best so far after about 40+laps :( Currently ranked at 86th though so quite pleased about that :D I want to break into the 1:29's so bad. Will try again tomorrow.

Is it me or this one is easy? :confused:
I gave it a try last evening, managed silver on my very first lap, and gold on my third, after a "red" second lap.

Then I tried xZAMGMarmite's and Clueless's tunes, but they did not suit my "style" at all and went back to my own tune.

When I ended my session before going to bed, my final lap time was 1:33:152 (not absolutely sure about the last 2 digits however), and I was around 530th or so.
I think there is stilll room for improvement, guess I can get below 1:32:xxx.

My RX7 feels sluggish when accelerating in 2nd gear in a bend, and I was unable to improve this (I have not enough patience to try all tuning possibilities). I guess some improvement can be achieve with the gearbox... Could someone share a tune for a MazdaRX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02?

Anyway, I can share my own tune tomorrow, if you guys like (not tonight I'll be out partying :cheers: and won't be back till late).

Is it me or this one is easy? :confused:

Not for me and I'm sure a lot of players will struggle on this one without the help of some tuning.

I added power parts only and drove messy lap after messy lap before adding a custom LSD and suspension. Got gold quickly after that but made a big improvement when changing the build to lightest possible weight and customising the transmission.

The last two changes made me just under 2 seconds faster. That's a lot and the extra laps will have played their part as I learned the track.

Back