Mazda RX-7 (FD) Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Special Stage Route 5

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 241 comments
thought i would have another bash at this and improved 4000 spots,could be a little bit more there will see if i can be bothered

inside the 600 now 58something

Last edited:
At the risk of repeating myself I have taken another 10th off, now on 1:30.010 for pos 479, 1.1 sec's behind Cargo.

Just improved by a tenth for a 1:27.635, taking, at the time, 19th place. Royally messed up the right-left-right in the last sector though, so about .2/3 left there, a good .05/.1 in the hairpin as well. Unfortunately I nailed sector 1 and the last corner in that lap which means I tend to be down at T1, up level at T2 and ahead going into the last corner, but my ghost has so much drive off there I just lose it all down the straight. :rolleyes:

Isn't it funny how important those milestones sometimes are? I could shave 8/10ths in a session but if I end up a X:XX.0XX I just can't quit without trying to break the magic whole number barrier. :lol:

yeah i was .032 away and just could not rest until that lil bit more and was mostly thanx to your tune with minor changes so thank you.....think im done for now :cheers:

Finally back home so I've done a few more laps.

Got a 1:28:464, a bit better but with a really bad sector 2 and a tune not that good.

Still feels slow but I don't know if I will run again this event before it ends.

Better late then never... drove a 1:29.294 with my own tune and DS3, good for 248th place..

MazdA RX-7 Spirit r Type A (FD) '02
TC3, ABS1
No oil change
Triple-plate clutch
carbon propeller shaft
Sports computer
Semi-racing exhaust
catalytic converter; sports
weight reduction stage 3
Carbon bonnet (body colour)
Window weight reduction

Ride height 97/85
Spring rate 5.61/6.14
Damper compression 6/3
Dampers extension 6/3
Anti-roll bars 3/4
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle -0.10/-0.15
Racing brakes 5/5

Transimission; final gear to 5.500, top speed to 200km/h, then set the gears
1 2.653
2 2.050
3 1.607
4 1.311
5 1.113
6 0.953
Final to 4.100

LDS 5/9/14

Power limiter 93.6%

Downforce rear 100

And as usual I'm no tuner but this works for me and still have room for improvement as I'm still making mistakes, even in my fastest lap

Well, For those whose interested here's my setup :cheers:

Currently in p8 with a 1:27.236 and i can definitely brake the 26s barrier if it come all together.

110\85
5.31\9.00
3\4
3\4
6\6
0.0\0.0
-0.10\0.10

Brake: 7\8

Gearbox: max speed (124mph) final speed (3600)

Drivetrain: 5\40\10

Power: 98%5
racing exhaust
catalytic converter sport

DF: 100

Body:
stage3
carbon bonnet
window weight reduction

:cheers:

Last edited:
I got a huge chunk of time down from my previous 1:31.8 by trying to go faster through the tunnel and speeding through the chicane right before the last turn. Currently sitting in 654th with 1:30.216.

had a play around and got 1:29.523 so think i might be done.....:D
Woo hoo :) Thanks to:bowdown: "The Almost Alien Lisanorm" I have cracked the 1:30 barrier @ 1:29.89 for #468 ( and thanks to Johnny Penso & Cargoratt & edit Dolhaus)
@lisanorm Lol nearly gotcha mate :lol::lol: Glad to have you as a Buddy :cheers: (Sorry about the Hawks mate )
See people no SRF and I still managed to crack top 500 I am :D:D:D :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Woo hoo :) Thanks to:bowdown: "The Almost Alien Lisanorm" I have cracked the 1:30 barrier @ 1:29.89 for #468 ( and thanks to Johnny Penso & Cargoratt & edit Dolhaus)
@lisanorm Lol nearly gotcha mate :lol::lol: Glad to have you as a Buddy :cheers: (Sorry about the Hawks mate )
See people no SRF and I still managed to crack top 500 I am :D:D:D :gtpflag:

Well done mate 👍 :cheers: as for this "The Almost Alien Lisanorm", on L plates :lol: will take it :D glad them little changes helped and yes thanx to all above and yes sharing is caring no matter what.....yeah we will get em next time.

Improved by just over another tenth for a 1:27.510 taking me to 20th place.

That's me done for this one, am back to college tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday so I'll be too shattered to do any more runs on this one. Kind of disappointed as my previous best (1:27.635) was just over 3 tenths faster than this one to the hairpin, so ideally I'd have been looking for a 1:27.2/3. :indiff:

Been away from time trials for a while, trying to get up to speed - started my own tune got to about my maximum with it, put cargo's on and went .2 quicker straight away. Now on a 1'28.8
Nice tune cargo - can vouch for it working on the d-pad. Think I'll try some more posted set-ups.
General question, but do the wheel sizes make much difference to lap times?

, but do the wheel sizes make much difference to lap times?

i think they do i had +1 on and then changed to +2 took awhile to get used to but i went a bit faster i'm on ds3,but you feel it more with a wheel, i'm sure the faster guys can answer this better....

Tried this one for the first time today, and I must say I was amazed how good this car handled, I was expecting a nightmare given SRF was off, but once the setup was sorted out, the car became almost as good as that BMW was at the last seasonal, ant that says something, as I consider that one of the sweetest handling cars I've driven in GT6 so far.

currently at 1:27.3xx and I can see 1:26.9xx possible with a bit of effort.

Update. Now on 1:29.464 for pos # 334.
The race I did after that one I led all the way to the last chicane where I saw I was over .5 of a sec ahead of my best time. That stuffed it. Guess I choked, and tapped the wall on the exit from the last corner.
But I know there is at least 1/2 sec out there, if I have the time and energy.
I actually thought the ghost lines had finally turned off as I never saw another car until I blew it.

Edit...1:29.191 for pos# 249.

I may have another crack at this but for the moment my thumbs are too sore, not to mention 'flat' at the ends.

3 tenths behind Cargo is probably the best I've ever done and likely, if it wasn't for our rivalry, I probably wouldn't have persisted. So for me at least it has been beneficial.
So thanks for that Cargo.

Last edited:
I have managed to grab another tenth off my time this morning, now at 1:28.871 for pos #172 and there is still a little more left I think. :D

For what it's worth, here is my tune. its a merge of tunes posted by @GTP_CargoRatt , @Johnnypenso , and @Betty blue , and then modded a bit further by me. I think I hit some kind of sweetspot, well balanced and easy to drive, and fast. I did 1:26.8 with it, but there is 1.26.4 to get if you really nail it I think...

Car: Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02

Suspension:
Ride height: 120/80
Spring rate: 5.65/6.65
Dampers compression: 4/5
Dampers extension: 4/5
Anti-roll bars: 5/5
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: 0.00/-0.10
Brake balance: 6/6

Transmisson:
first set the final gear to 5500, then the max speed 200kmh
1'st: 2.623
2'nd: 1.923
3'rd: 1.570
4'th: 1.320
5'th: 1.130
6'th: 0.976
Final gear: 3.900

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 30
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
No oil change, install semi-racing exhaust, catalytic converter, sports computer, and set limiter @94.2%

Body:
Install all weight reductions (Stage 3 reduction, carbon bonnet, and windows)
Also install a wing
Downforce: -/100
Ballast weight: 11kg
Ballast position: +50%

Last edited:
Update. Now on 1:29.464 for pos # 334.
The race I did after that one I led all the way to the last chicane where I saw I was over .5 of a sec ahead of my best time. That stuffed it. Guess I choked, and tapped the wall on the exit from the last corner.
But I know there is at least 1/2 sec out there, if I have the time and energy.
I actually thought the ghost lines had finally turned off as I never saw another car until I blew it.

Edit...1:29.191 for pos# 249.

I may have another crack at this but for the moment my thumbs are too sore, not to mention 'flat' at the ends.

3 tenths behind Cargo is probably the best I've ever done and likely, if it wasn't for our rivalry, I probably wouldn't have persisted. So for me at least it has been beneficial.
So thanks for that Cargo.

You're welcome I suppose. :odd: There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to beat my time here considering I haven't put in an effort in like 9 days and when I did, it was really a half assed effort at best. Really not interested in this combo at all, especially with the Academy going on. So yes, if you can't beat my time here, you're slower than I thought you were. :lol:

You're welcome I suppose. :odd: There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to beat my time here considering I haven't put in an effort in like 9 days and when I did, it was really a half assed effort at best. Really not interested in this combo at all, especially with the Academy going on. So yes, if you can't beat my time here, you're slower than I thought you were. :lol:
Ha ha, whatever you say mate.

And et_, only 5 gears?

Last edited:
Ha ha, whatever you say mate.

Its a small victory...take it. ;) Good luck. :cheers:

On another note, haven't seen you on the Academy boards yet. I know you probably don't want to participate because, well, for whatever reason, but don't you wanna see where you truly stack up against the rest of the masses? I mean, in my opinion, that is where you can see where you truly stand as far as time trialing goes. Like I tell everyone that wants to give me praise here in these Seasonals, I'm just a small fish among whales in this vast ocean we call GT......and its proving to be true. I am just an average driver at best, nothing more. Don't get me wrong, the Seasonals are fun and all and I enjoy doing them, but they are hardly an indication of your skill level compared to the rest of the masses. (For average players like me anyway) Anyhow, you should put some time in the Academy and see where you stand. Peace.

--
Its a small victory...take it. ;) Good luck. :cheers:

On another note, haven't seen you on the Academy boards yet. I know you probably don't want to participate because, well, for whatever reason, but don't you wanna see where you truly stack up against the rest of the masses? I mean, in my opinion, that is where you can see where you truly stand as far as time trialing goes. Like I tell everyone that wants to give me praise here in these Seasonals, I'm just a small fish among whales in this vast ocean we call GT......and its proving to be true. I am just an average driver at best, nothing more. Don't get me wrong, the Seasonals are fun and all and I enjoy doing them, but they are hardly an indication of your skill level compared to the rest of the masses. (For average players like me anyway) Anyhow, you should put some time in the Academy and see where you stand. Peace.
I like the Seasonals Cargo, you just get in and do them, that's all, no extra effort involved. But I don't need to do them in any case to see where I stand because I know I stand somewhere behind you.
Plus not enough hours in the day, I'm involved enough already. Maybe if I didn't have kids, or a girlfriend, I could justify spending more time racing, but it will be another 10 years at the earliest before the boys are old enough to leave home.
Anyway these are some reasons why I'll stick to Seasonals for the time being, others may say these are some excuses why I don't do Academy, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Cheers.

--

I like the Seasonals Cargo, you just get in and do them, that's all, no extra effort involved. But I don't need to do them in any case to see where I stand because I know I stand somewhere behind you.
Plus not enough hours in the day, I'm involved enough already. Maybe if I didn't have kids, or a girlfriend, I could justify spending more time racing, but it will be another 10 years at the earliest before the boys are old enough to leave home.
Anyway these are some reasons why I'll stick to Seasonals for the time being, others may say these are some excuses why I don't do Academy, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Cheers.

Good enough, to each their own. :cheers:

Back