Mazda vision livery contest

• Thread starter D-Max
  • 103 comments
Caution for entrants
  • In order to ensure that your work does not infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any third party and does not violate any other laws and regulations, please only use user decals that do not contain any existing third party trademarks or works. The use or application of copyrighted works of third-party designs, such as saved decals, etc. obtained from others that have been shared, is prohibited.
    The use of corporate logos of sponsors and other companies without permission, cartoon characters that are difficult to differentiate from existing copyrighted cartoon characters, etc., is also prohibited
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you can only use Mazda logo's?

Last edited:
Yikes.
There are a lot of terms and conditions in there.
I've read that as Mazda decals only, not just no shared.

Yes, it says no shared decals, but it also says no third party decals.
That limits the decals that can be used massively.

Yikes.
There are a lot of terms and conditions in there.
I've read that as Mazda decals only, not just no shared.

Yes, it says no shared decals, but it also says no third party decals.
That limits the decals that can be used massively.
I think it may mean third party to gran turismo? They need to really specify better

I think it may mean third party to gran turismo? They need to really specify better

For something that's robust in telling the entrants that Mazda will own all the rights to the entries,
it's rather vague in the specifics of the entry.

Edit:

"In order to ensure that your work does not infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any third party and does not violate any other laws and regulations, please only use user decals that do not contain any existing third party trademarks or works. The use or application of copyrighted works of third-party designs, such as saved decals, etc. obtained from others that have been shared, is prohibited.
The use of corporate logos of sponsors and other companies without permission, cartoon characters that are difficult to differentiate from existing copyrighted cartoon characters, etc., is also prohibited"

1- Use of shared decals is prohibited.

2- Use of corporate logos of sponsors and other companies without permission,
and cartoon characters is prohibited.

From Gran Turismo info:

1. Acquire the MAZDA RX-VISION GT3 CONCEPT in one of the following ways:
- Purchase from Brand Central in Gran Turismo Sport;
- Purchase as a DLC on the PlayStation™Store;

ABOUT THE HASHTAG: #rxvcontest
- The design posted on Twitter will be used as your entry which the Mazda Design Team will review. Please note that Twitter accounts set to private will prevent your entry to be submitted.
- Please make sure to add the entry hashtag both in-game and on Twitter. The conditions for the entry require you to share the design both in-game and on Twitter.

ABOUT LIVERY SUBMISSIONS
- In order to prevent the infringement of copyrights and commercial rights of third parties, as well as other related laws and regulations, User Decals falling within the below categories are prohibited:
 ・Logos of other companies;
 ・Decals saved from designs shared by other users;
 ・Modified decals designed by a third party;
 ・Decals based on anime and other caricatures.

Important Notes

- Please make sure to use the 'Mazda 100th Anniversary Logo' (found in the [Decals] section of the Livery feature) in your design.

- The Michelin tyre logo cannot be modified.

Last edited:
Emailed Mazda about it to clarify some stuff, since I'm looking to use Mazdaspeed/Skyactiv Technology logos:
upload_2020-5-22_18-9-15.png

The broken English doesn't clear up much things though.

In order to ensure that your work does not infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of any third party and does not violate any other laws and regulations, please only use user decals that do not contain any existing third party trademarks or works. The use or application of copyrighted works of third-party designs, such as saved decals, etc. obtained from others that have been shared, is prohibited.
That's fairly clear surely. Official Mazda logos only.

Yet Michelin is mandatory on the tyres, so maybe allowed on decals too?

In any case, I’ll stick with Mazda only (maybe with Skyactive), and for once create a graphic livery without any sponsor placement restrictions...

Yet Michelin is mandatory on the tyres, so maybe allowed on decals too?

In any case, I’ll stick with Mazda only (maybe with Skyactive), and for once create a graphic livery without any sponsor placement restrictions...

Michelin is allowed but it must the one in game.
No modified Michelin logos are allowed.

Emailed Mazda about it to clarify some stuff, since I'm looking to use Mazdaspeed/Skyactiv Technology logos:
View attachment 922884

The broken English doesn't clear up much things though.

Seems like using other users’ decals is okay if those decals are of designs that Mazda own, like the old Mazda logo for example.

Stay clear of original work by other users (even if they give you the permission to use it, since it’s hard for Mazda to know if you had permission or not) as well as logos and other intellectual property that is owned by other companies. I assume Mazda want to be able to publish the winning liveries on social media without running into legal issues.

Last edited:
Okay, so I took a look at the Gran Turismo article about the contest, and the example livery they're using to show us how to enter has some logos from other companies in it, like Bilstein, GoPro and Puma.:confused:

I don't even know anymore, this is getting really confusing. I guess I'll just stick to Mazda and Gran Turismo.

Link to article

I think this article clears it up. If you use the ingame logos there should be no copyright issues as all the companies which are sharing their logos in GTS have an agreement with PD. You can use thirdparty mazda logos as mazda wouldnt have anything against it, because why should they. BUT if you want to play it safe, stick to the ingame logos.

better safe than sorry I guess with only put mazda branding and michelin.
20200523212610.jpg

20200523212603.jpg
Are they « color-less »? Do they take the colour of the base car or are they two separate liveries? I wanted to do such a livery.

Are they « color-less »? Do they take the colour of the base car or are they two separate liveries? I wanted to do such a livery.
no lol, only gray one but not work really good if you change to red since it have topographic pattern on car

I was trying to get into this, I'm really enjoying doing liveries that wouldn't be allowed for the car, but after seeing some entries I think I'll just pass. It's really amazing how powerful the relatively simple livery editor can get in the right hands.

Welp, at the very least you get to learn some new tricks just by appreciating how clever and creative people are.

The competition secretariat will notify winners through the email address that they registered when they first started playing the game's Sports Mode. If the user does not reply to the email informing them of their winning entry, or if they are otherwise unable to be contacted, the user will be deemed to have forfeited their eligibility

This means I’m screwed. I think my old e-mail is the one they will contact if I win. Doubt I do, though. I just would’ve liked to access that e-mail. I had the PS support peeps change that e-mail for me because I couldn’t access it. (Long time ago now. Might be before GT Sport released but I’m not sure)

Aaanyway. I made the original Atenza livery on it. I didn’t know the 100th Anniv decal was available in-game so I made my own, surely that’s ok. :lol:

Back