Mazda's Street Legal Racecar/supercar Concept

Ok boys pictures have now surfaced. I love this thing!:drool: Looks like a Pagani Zonda and a Mazda Ryuga melted into each other. :drool:

Now if Mazda could somehow make this into a road legal supercar, we'd have a winner here.:drool:đź‘Ť

It looks kinda scary O_o
It has a sort of "organic" look mixed with a bit of fighter jet. I like it quite a bit. I demand a road version to go head to head with the current crop of supercars. :D

Wow. That thing is awesome. Seeing as it isn't a road-legal car, what is it? Something like the FXX?

Holy 🤬! :drool: *jaw drops on the floor*
Thats just it. Its definitely one of best looking racecar/road car from Mazda. It looks like something from the future. đź‘Ť But I don't really know what it is. Judging from the pictures, it looks like a homolegated race car to me. Maybe it will enter the ALMS/ Le Mans Series as a Prototype hard top just like the Peugeot 908. This is just awesomeness written all over it.... :drool:

That is mental, I'd love to see one of thoes in person. I'd love to see them develop a road car ot of it, though it might prove to be too extreme to make a profit it can't be bad for Mazda's image.

Definitely an awesome, new take on the supercar look. Mazda seriously needs to make this. It's probably not financially viable, but definitely way more than their over-ambitious, multi-marque idea from the 90's...

787B got hit with a sculptor's knife...and came out looking spectacular!

It is a little busy for my tastes, but it still looks pretty good.

...I know what it reminds me of...

Batmobile_Batman_Forever.jpg

Yeah, only this one turned out much, much better...

It looks rather weird in my opinion, as if the nose has been chopped off...

It isn't ugly, but nor is it pretty...

put that in the production, please Mr.Mazda? clena off the too dramatic stuff, but leave enough supercar lunacy.

I love it... the flow design works out really well. Even the supercar doesn't make it into production, I still want to see this race car against other Lemans racers. Mazda needs RACING!!

Me likey. It could use a little simplification work and a different paint job I think. Very radical indeed.

This thing is amazing in every way. Just totally amazing. And though this has the Prototype P2 chassis underneath, wouldn't it be sweet if Mazda built another insane closed-roof P1 LeMans car, ala 787B, to challenge Audi and Peugeot? That would be awesome. Also, I think a street legal rotary supercar would get much more respect than, say, a Lexus supercar. The Mazda would certainly be feather light and mighty powerful with revs galore and a sweet sound. This particular look is a little extreme, but if it's aerodynamic than what the heck, I'll take it!

Throw off the wing, push the nose back in, tone down it's 'gills' and detune the engine and you have a winner. Oh wait, this is meant to be a pointer to future RX-7/8 styling right?

wouldn't it be sweet if Mazda built another insane closed-roof P1 LeMans car, ala 787B, to challenge Audi and Peugeot? That would be awesome.

Only Mazda? How long do you think I've been praying for BMW, Mercedes and Toyota to get their asses back into Le Mans? ;)

Bah! Mazda's the only one brave enough to campaign an insanely powerful rotard at LeMans. They'd better do it!

I don't think they will. Rotaries have been banned in the top prototype classes for awhile now, even though the Mazdas won on reliability, not outright speed. *sigh*

Who knows, the ACO could change their mind...

Oh wait, this is meant to be a pointer to future RX-7/8 styling right?

That's what I thought. Isn't this a continuation in the line of concepts Mazda has been putting out for the last 5 or 6 years? I would be disappointed if they climaxed to a non-road legal supercar that maybe 50 people will own.

I don't think they will. Rotaries have been banned in the top prototype classes for awhile now, even though the Mazdas won on reliability, not outright speed. *sigh*

Who knows, the ACO could change their mind...

Rotaries have not been banned at all.....Just severely restricted after their 1991 win.

Ah, I get it. we can hope, then that Mazda can, perhaps, produce enough of these (and it doesn't take many) to run it in GT1. The restrictions on rotaries should be lighter in that class, right? Or at least in GT500...the RE-Amemiya boys are probably drooling all over this machine.

Definitely a spectacular looking machine, and undoubtedly it can turn some incredible numbers to back up the appearance. This was definitely a good way for Mazda to use that old Courage that was sitting in the back of the BK Motorsports shop.

Now hopefully they'll get to work on making their ACTUAL LMP2 as fast as the Acuras and Porsches, since their current Mazda/AER developed turbo-four Lola seems to be outgunned.

Kind of funny that in my first ever post in this side of this site, that i don't even have much to say except, can i have my road going version of this in black or nordic green?

Back