Mazda's Street Legal Racecar/supercar Concept

I have not been here for awhile. I never knew about those pics, I have been wanting to see more of the car it looks awesome! Thanks for posting the pics:) I agree it would be nice for Mazda to enter Le Mans I want Mazda to whoop the comp again in the 24 hours of lemans:tup:

I too would like for Mazda to "whoop" the competition they have in the ALMS and at Le Mans, but first they need to get to work on actually earning an invitation.

Let's face it, whether they were using the rotary powered Courage C65 that underpins the Furai, or the current AER developed turbo four Lola B07/40, they've consistently underwhelmed compared to their competitors. The car was barely competitive against the Intersport Lola, and now it's a non-issue for the customer Porsche RS Spyders and Acura ARX-01's, to say nothing of the factory backed Penske Porsches.

If Mazda wants to go back to Le Mans, they need to spend money on a race car that's faster than the damned Van de Steur Racing Radical!

I don't know. That car's blunt front end looks a little too drag-inducing, but the styling is certainly a departure from other modern LMPs and GTP racers.

But, if a high-powered rotary engine is going to be seen amidships in the car...

*prepares 'Go Mazda!' banners*

Page 2. Lol.

Car looks awesome. I remember drawing something like this a couple years ago, except with more nose. That greyhound-belly really gives it that alive look.

Page 2. Lol.

Car looks awesome. I remember drawing something like this a couple years ago, except with more nose. That greyhound-belly really gives it that alive look.

WOW! Looks so fluid almost organic! I see there is a slight Charge Mazda paint scheme going on especially at the back... looks really sweet!

Robin

Wow it looks insane :scared: . I do wonder however how the stubby nose and aggressive sidepods affect the car. It all looks very showy, but could it keep up with the competition for real?
Obviously it is just a showcar.

I don't know. That car's blunt front end looks a little too drag-inducing, but the styling is certainly a departure from other modern LMPs and GTP racers.

It's a concept car. It's not supposed to be actually fast by any degree, nor a serious competition-car. It's all about style in those concept-cars.

And that front end isn't as drag-inducing as it may appear to be. It actually seems quite aerodynamic.

Wow it looks insane :scared: . I do wonder however how the stubby nose and aggressive sidepods affect the car. It all looks very showy, but could it keep up with the competition for real?

It obviously can't. The sidepods are about as aggressive as a mice compared to real LMP2 cars, and that stubby nose creates less downforce than a sneeze compared to LMP2 cars...

It actually LOOKS more like a GT-1 class car, actually, more like the near-prototypes that run in GT300.

it lacks the fact that the nose looks chopped off as someone said, but this is sleek and sexy! Something I want to design..

It's a concept car. It's not supposed to be actually fast by any degree, nor a serious competition-car. It's all about style in those concept-cars.

And that front end isn't as drag-inducing as it may appear to be. It actually seems quite aerodynamic.

Perhaps it may bring about lift at high speeds? Or, does it direct air into the intakes? In that case, the nose styling would be a very clever idea.

If Mazda speaks of an entry into Le Mans, I suppose it will have to go fast some day...

However, the fact that concepts are not actually fast by any degree is something I have to agree with. Maybe they're starting slow, but what a start it is!

Also, Mazda's refreshed RX-8 was recently unveiled.

I love the rotor shapes on the wheels, cool little touch.

Now the Mazdaspeed version.

Latest Posts

Back