MCH 2.10 Damper/Extensions

• Thread starter Taz69
  • 11 comments
United States
NC
Tazzz16
Ok how do I get more front grip. Without giveing up rear grip :) Looks like you guys need a break from the over/under steering thread lol...

Ok how do I get more front grip. Without giveing up rear grip :) Looks like you guys need a break from the over/under steering thread lol...

Front grip???? hummmmm ... with a pilot ???? or without ??????? :):dunce::scared:

I was only going to tell Adrenaline. We don't need the whole community to know how to make cars faster, do we? :crazy:

So, it's a trade secret :lol:, my take - put higher grip compound tire up front for easy way, or put slightly stiffer spring than rear, low compression, 3 notch higher extension front damper and lower ARB up front than rear by 2. Results may vary ;)

I was only going to tell Adrenaline. We don't need the whole community to know how to make cars faster, do we? :crazy:

Too late now:sly: If you just keep it to yourselves you'll look greedy and mean:grumpy:...you don't want to look greedy and mean:grumpy: do you?:)

Too late now:sly: If you just keep it to yourselves you'll look greedy and mean:grumpy:...you don't want to look greedy and mean:grumpy: do you?:)

You know he works in Advertising, right..?? Sure, he's not a lawyer, politician or a banker, but... :mischievous:

{Cy}

I need to update my garage so that everyone knows what I think works.

You know he works in Advertising, right..?? Sure, he's not a lawyer, politician or a banker, but... :mischievous:

{Cy}

At least I am above lawyer, politician, banker... what about used car salesman?

Taz - More front grip without giving up rear grip??? Not logical. Why are you so attached to your rear grip? Max out the front then give the rear just enough to keep from oversteering. You have asked this question many, many times on this site. Haven't you picked up any tips by now?

I'm mean on a daily basis, so it doesn't bother me a bit!
We both share our tunes publicly, so in the end it technically helps all of you. :D

I seem to struggle with front grip in the damper and rollbar area is why I ask. I know I can tighten the car up with bigger rear spring. Add rear camber add rear toe. Or loosen the car up with negative rear toe. Less rear camber or softer rear spring. But I struggle on max front grip with the dampers and front roll bar. I drive mostly street cars and the reason I am talking about the front is you can loosen the rear or tighten the rear but still not have great mid corner grip. Thats where I struggle and its in the front dampers and front roll bar that I just cant get a grip on what gives the max front grip. I have never had to give up front grip because I couldnt get the rear in check. But I am always loosining up the rear because I can get the front to grip. So just wana know after 2.10 what does everyone and you MCH think gives the max front grip with front dampers and rollbar...

I seem to struggle with front grip in the damper and rollbar area is why I ask. I know I can tighten the car up with bigger rear spring. Add rear camber add rear toe. Or loosen the car up with negative rear toe. Less rear camber or softer rear spring. But I struggle on max front grip with the dampers and front roll bar. I drive mostly street cars and the reason I am talking about the front is you can loosen the rear or tighten the rear but still not have great mid corner grip. Thats where I struggle and its in the front dampers and front roll bar that I just cant get a grip on what gives the max front grip. I have never had to give up front grip because I couldnt get the rear in check. But I am always loosining up the rear because I can get the front to grip. So just wana know after 2.10 what does everyone and you MCH think gives the max front grip with front dampers and rollbar...

For me it work the same since 2.08. After they shut down the ride height influence, then they let the cars safer adding some extra grip at the rear. (No cars spin today at caroussel)
Now you just have to increase the front springs proportionally.

1-Let's say for example a car that was balanced with springs 10.0/10.0 now will have to use 11.0/10.0 to have the same exact balance.

2-Lower front damper compression help but less than before.
I use extension dampers more to control weight displacement ,front rear and left right.

3-Lower than rear front BAR still help too.

4- Positive front TOE help to induce a kind of eagerness leading to oversteer too , transfering rear weight more suddenly.

Till you don't have problem of oversteer out corner under acceleration, you can low the rear TOE , even setting a negative value sometime.

5-Camber also have a good reaction on the car.

Finally a good LSD setting is crucial to manage all this together.

Back