McLaren 720S - 720S Spider Revealed

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 169 comments
It looks like someone spooned out its eyes. :crazy:

tumblr_o3jbg0496g1u2ragso1_500.gif

"Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see."

Interesting to see the aero functionalities of those vents around the headlights (aka the spooned out eyes.)

It looks like they literally threw out the headlights and chucked some eBay LEDs in the hole.

Love the rear, but the rest is either derivative - the side profile reminds me of the Huarya - or fugly - that front end.

Why are so many new cars nowadays have that look as it was designed by different people and they didn't work together.

The rear and side look good, rear being the better.
But the front :yuck: WTF. It looks like a aftermarket bodykit.

Looks pretty much the same as the test car that was posted here a while ago. Loved it then, love it now. My favourite current supercar design.

Those front lights are hideous! Maybe over time it will look right, but right now they're seriously taking away from the rest of the design.

Mclaren have a habit of putting out ugly cars, but jeez if that car had a mother she wouldn't be praising that front with a straight face.

Ugly is the result of letting science and aerodynamics dictate the styling.

After a few times seeing it, it's not that bad looking of a car, sure they could have painted the carbon where the lights are to make it flow better. Still even in its current form I don't see that big of an issue anymore.

Back