McLaren 720S - 720S Spider Revealed

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 169 comments
My brother's mate has got his 675LT Spider, some pictures and short video below:

675LT Spider 01.jpg 675LT Spider 02.jpg 675LT Spider 03.jpg 675LT Spider 04.jpg 675LT Spider 05.jpg

I haven't seen a modern McLaren in person other than the MP4-12C. We do have a McLaren of Houston here in the Houston-Galveston area. Then too, it isn't like I scheduled to go there or were invited to visit or anything. And my goodness... how can you not be intrigued about the 720S? It looks great on the outside and in its interior. I'm sure the 720S has some interesting numbers on its performance as well.

The 720S Spyder is expected in a few days.

The next new McLaren is set to be revealed on 8 December 2018. The new car promises to embody our core values as a pioneering supercar company: fearless engineering, the relentless pursuit of light weight, and beautiful yet purposeful design.

The new model is the latest step in our Track25 business plan. Announced by our Chief Executive Officer, Mike Flewitt, at the 2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed, Track25 will see an investment of £1.2bn in research and development by the end of 2025. The plan will deliver 18 thrilling new cars or derivatives – of which our latest model is one. Watch the video above to find out more.
https://latest.mclaren.com/posts/a-...ign=q4-2018-some-see-more-t1-961080000-EN-TMW

Word within' the owner base is that the LT is due within' 2 years as well.

True Hypercar power at a way reduced cost. That's the 720 beast

Beautiful spider variant. McLaren really owns. I really like the 720 way more than anything McLaren has ever done before, despite the front of the car I don't like as much as other McLarens

I'm bad at verbose compliments, so I'll put it short: I love it.

the 720S comes with those delicious glass flying buttresses behind the cockpit.
I wished to see a car with these for many years. Glad to see an actual manufacturer coming up with this idea.

I've seen at least 5 720s in the flesh last summer and it's just an incredible car, especially in darker colors. Pictures don't do it any justice whatsoever, it has a ton more presence than any modern Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Word within' the owner base is that the LT is due within' 2 years as well.

750LT is what keeps coming up.

I've seen at least 5 720s in the flesh last summer and it's just an incredible car, especially in darker colors. Pictures don't do it any justice whatsoever, it has a ton more presence than any modern Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Scanning through the thread to separate it for the Spider news, it's a little shocking to read my initial reaction to it. But you're right: it needs to be seen to be appreciated. On the move, it has epic levels of presence.

This car has to have had one of the stranges public reactions that ive ever seen for a car. The original nearly production ready leak images garnered overwhelming praise, then the exact same pictures were shared here a page later and were slammed. Then then it was officially unveiled and almost everyone said it was disgusting, and now everyone seems to really like it. :lol:

This car has to have had one of the stranges public reactions that ive ever seen for a car. The original nearly production ready leak images garnered overwhelming praise, then the exact same pictures were shared here a page later and were slammed. Then then it was officially unveiled and almost everyone said it was disgusting, and now everyone seems to really like it. :lol:

I had a read through the last through pages (which is easier now since it was separated from the 650S thread) and this is so true! :lol:

I guess most people criticising the design have had a chance to see the car in real life and appreciate its design in person, it is such a fantastic looking machine! :drool:

> MVY04-BP23
Huh, that designation seems familiar to me...

McLaren-Speedtail-Attribute-Prototype-Albert_image-01.jpg

...hold on, BP23? Isn't that Speedtail's codename (Bespoke Project #2, 3-seater)?
Is that McLaren Edward?

upd:
mclaren-720s-hybrid-test-mule-spy-photo.jpg

There are two of them, one MVY04-BP23, one MV904.

Last edited:
Like some of its rivals from Ferrari, this one also resembles its predecessor as well when it comes to exterior styling.

Latest Posts

Back