Mclaren F1

I'm only really interested in the nurb. Sorry.

On comfort softs I was able to get a 7:05. There's a bit left but I didn't have a lot of time. I'll give it a go again when I can.

How did you get 6:48 with SH tires.I mostly spin out at karusell corner when driving it to limits.I had spinned out there and set 6:53 laptime.

Last edited:
I guess I did exactly what you did, but without spinning out :)

I don't remember I would have to watch the replay. I did it over a year ago.

Edit-

Thinking about it I remember it wasn't easy. Took quite a few tries. The first 3-5 sectors (because of restarts) were incredibly fast. I went back months later trying to beat it and didn't have the patience as I would watch my ghost dust me in the first 4 corners. However I know there's a few more seconds to gain. However I was only interested in beating Mike's time. So I called it quits after that.

The CS time was my 3rd lap.

Last edited:
7'30" in stock F1 on CS tires, no aids but ABS=1, real grip. A tidy lap, didn't take many risks anywhere. So, in reality a 7'20" by Mika is possible. Under that time imo we talk about another car with more power, altered suspension, brakes, etc. And great times there guys, but no driver in the world would risk so much THERE in RL.

Then try it for MP4-12c with CS tires
7'30" in stock F1 on CS tires, no aids but ABS=1, real grip. A tidy lap, didn't take many risks anywhere. So, in reality a 7'20" by Mika is possible. Under that time imo we talk about another car with more power, altered suspension, brakes, etc. And great times there guys, but no driver in the world would risk so much THERE in RL.

The familiarity with the car also makes difference.I used to get 7:24 with SH tires when I first drove this car and that too I took risk.As I got familiar with it I improved my laptime by mored than 30s.So it is not about risk but it is about familiarity with the car.I use this car for all the production car racing events.

For 7:07 CS laptime I didn't took any risk as I did with SH tires to break mike gt3 record.I spun out at karussell to set 6:53 lap time which costed me 6s.

The LM version will easily do high 6:40s due to its very high downforce which enables it to run at cieling at 100mph.
7:11 lap time was not a different car.I have seen that video in mclaren site before MP4-12c was released as Alexander SRB told.Now all F1 video's there are deleted including the topspeed run.

Edit:I got 7:39(real time 7:46.37) with xj220 CS,7:22(real time 7:28) with MP4-12c CS,7:33(real time 7:40) with veyron when i put same effort as F1 CS.So add 7s to my laptime to get real laptime

Last edited:
OK, so we then talk about a time around 7'15" in RL with a pro-racing driver. With Mika at wheel 7'11" seems believable indeed but some risk is into it for sure. If CS tires were just a bit less gripier in lateral g, it would be exactly point on.

OK, so we then talk about a time around 7'15" in RL with a pro-racing driver. With Mika at wheel 7'11" seems believable indeed but some risk is into it for sure. If CS tires were just a bit less gripier in lateral g, it would be exactly point on.
Yes,he did risk a little when driving the F1 because he and andy wallace was the test driver for mclaren at that time.Just like lamborghini aventador sv driver risked a little to do 6:59 laptime.Unlike car magazines,factory drivers are ordered to drive it as fast as they can without much risk but magazine have only very little time to test the car.

Hve you tried an F1 GTR Base model in nurburgring.I did a 6:10.981 with its stock version.F1 GTR 95 understeers a bit in the corners but also sticky unlike body rolling F1.

Yes,he did risk a little when driving the F1 because he and andy wallace was the test driver for mclaren at that time.Just like lamborghini aventador sv driver risked a little to do 6:59 laptime.Unlike car magazines,factory drivers are ordered to drive it as fast as they can without much risk but magazine have only very little time to test the car.

Hve you tried an F1 GTR Base model in nurburgring.I did a 6:10.981 with its stock version.F1 GTR 95 understeers a bit in the corners but also sticky unlike body rolling F1.

Logical that Mika would go more often on the edge due to his natural talent. What tires you had on F1 GTR race car? RH I suppose?

Yes,RH tires.I have done 21 tries with it and even won le mans with a tuned version.
Logical that Mika would go more often on the edge due to his natural talent. What tires you had on F1 GTR race car? RH I suppose?
Mika Hakkinen is an oversteer driver.

McLaren F1 is best car for me in history... I hope for F1 LM in future GT game and F1 GTR Long tail premium... I tuned mu GTR base model to LM spec and paint in orange to look like LM.

McLaren F1 is best car for me in history... I hope for F1 LM in future GT game and F1 GTR Long tail premium... I tuned mu GTR base model to LM spec and paint in orange to look like LM.
Where did you got LM color closest I found was Pearl Orange but it is not papaya orange.

I think racecars realistically and for fun factor should have sport softs maximum. Racing tires really Suck in this game.

And this is coming from a former 550pp RS guy.

I'm only really interested in the nurb. Sorry.

On comfort softs I was able to get a 7:05. There's a bit left but I didn't have a lot of time. I'll give it a go again when I can.

I'm about 20 seconds slower than you... Do you think your driving is doable in real life? No excessive jumping over curbs, cutting etc that would pose the run life threatening? I'd love to see a vid of your run if you can upload!

I think racecars realistically and for fun factor should have sport softs maximum. Racing tires really Suck in this game.

And this is coming from a former 550pp RS guy.

Yes, I totally agree! Racing H/M/S are totally unrealistic in this game and should never be used on a road car unless you are simulating Mario Kart/Burnout/NFS..

I'm about 20 seconds slower than you... Do you think your driving is doable in real life? No excessive jumping over curbs, cutting etc that would pose the run life threatening? I'd love to see a vid of your run if you can upload!

Yes, I totally agree! Racing H/M/S are totally unrealistic in this game and should never be used on a road car unless you are simulating Mario Kart/Burnout/NFS..

In regards to the driving being realistic. Honestly I would consider it possible but unlikely. I didnt save the replay because there was more time left and I plan on going a bit faster. When I do. I'll save the replay and figure out a way to show it here.

I don't even think racing tires belong on GT500 cars or LMP cars. As far as I'm concerned sport softs are racing slicks. I can't stand ANYTHING on any racing tires.

In regards to the driving being realistic. Honestly I would consider it possible but unlikely. I didnt save the replay because there was more time left and I plan on going a bit faster. When I do. I'll save the replay and figure out a way to show it here.

I don't even think racing tires belong on GT500 cars or LMP cars. As far as I'm concerned sport softs are racing slicks. I can't stand ANYTHING on any racing tires.

No, SS tire is equivalent to 90's hard/medium slick,RH is 90's soft slick and RS is todays soft tires used by GT3.Try this site for Race car laptimes IRL .Racing tires are not for road cars but.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/
Laptime for audi r8 lms ultra 2012 GT3 i got was 2:18 at spa on RS,which is realistic.

Last edited:
But what would Ti tech dholland or immortal get on SS tires?

Anyway it's not so much the times. Just the way cars feel on racing tires. Sucks

The 7:09.8 video for f1 cs

I have also tried it with cm tires at circuit breaker cornering speed but i was slower a karusell(45mph me vs 70mph real).I did 7:21 with that.

You can't tell a lot from the outside camera :\ next time use the only dials one please!!
Next time I will upload with dials after these 2 videos.I will upload a ghost video for you to beat.This laptime(7:09) was done by me 3 months ago.I used that ghost to get 7:07 laptime.

If you think I was using better tires than CS then I will upload photos of me doing it at that run.

If you want to know about laptimes of circuit breaker article ,I have done it on CM tires,with same cornering speeds as that of Jonathan Palmer.
Except that I was slower on flugzplatz (103mph vs 110mph) and karussell(45mph vs 70mph).

I guess I did exactly what you did, but without spinning out :)

I don't remember I would have to watch the replay. I did it over a year ago.

Edit-

Thinking about it I remember it wasn't easy. Took quite a few tries. The first 3-5 sectors (because of restarts) were incredibly fast. I went back months later trying to beat it and didn't have the patience as I would watch my ghost dust me in the first 4 corners. However I know there's a few more seconds to gain. However I was only interested in beating Mike's time. So I called it quits after that.

The CS time was my 3rd lap.

And I want to challenge you to break this lap record of mine with stock F1 GTR(with RH tires) and without adjusting the settings as I have not even adjusted the car.

@
OdeFinn

If you use assist your laptimes will be even slower.If you don't believe me try it and see the leaderboard(astest laps set are without assists).Any way I have set my records with a DS3 controller.And thats why Gordon Murray opted for not having assists.I could not win gold in goodwood event,licenses with assists on.Without assists I managed to get gold.

Last edited:
@OdeFinn
What do you mean by grip reduction,where to change it?I will buy a Steering wheel after I complete my High School.

I will post my laptimes after your advise.

By the way my controller is too sensitive,I I play fifa i press X button a little and the ball is shot at full power.

Last edited:
That's a factor As well. I set my times with grip reduction set to real and tire wear set at normal. What settings are you running at?

If I turn tire wear off I'll gain a couple seconds.
. @MclarenGT

@OdeFinn
What do you mean by grip reduction,where to change it?I will buy a Steering wheel after I complete my High School.

I will post my laptimes after your advise.

By the way my controller is too sensitive,I I play fifa i press X button a little and the ball is shot at full power.
Tried offline "real" noABS or other helps with steering wheel, drove few laps and got 7:21, far from good lap, but cutting ten seconds from it would be a really hard thing to do.

What is the time?
Time for F1 GTR 95 is 6:10.962.

The tire wear was set off.

I had tested it using DS3 controller.Where can we change settings for DS3?
No Racing tires in game are not unrealistic for race cars.I you want to see how much grip does Racing tires have see this video,you will see that there is no tire squeeling sound in this video

Tried offline "real" noABS or other helps with steering wheel, drove few laps and got 7:21, far from good lap, but cutting ten seconds from it would be a really hard thing to do.
Yes it is difficult but definitely not impossible
rosckolove
did 7:05 with CS tires and it is faster than my lap time without assists.

I will post the videos of my license test(even veyron license) and good wood laps which were set before my controller was sensitive and without assists except abs=1 as well.
And try the lap times with each and every assist on and post the lap time.

I only run abs. I'll get around to the McLaren gtr time in the next day or so.

I'll keep ya posted.

Actually with server maintenance. I'll try it now.

@
OdeFinn
If you are complaining about grip reduction then i have done it with grip reduction set to real and I did 7:07.4xx which was faster than one with low grip reduction.
@

Stephanos82

This is the video with onboard you asked and I play on DS3

If you think these laptimes are done by SH tires then Here are my photos of doing it while doing the lap

Attachments

• IMG_20150930_120334.jpg
    IMG_20150930_120334.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20150930_132703.jpg
    IMG_20150930_132703.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back