McLaren F1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam_b24
  • 108 comments
  • 5,159 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
sontan
The Koenigsegg has an engine that is based on a Fordengine but it its completly rebuildt by Koenigsegg. I don't think that you can say that Koenigsegg is powered by Ford in that case.
Koenigsegg trys to do the most of their cars inhouse i think

On a similar note TVR are actually making their own engines these days... and Volvo is part of Ford.

C.

PS Elastic bands... He he he he
 
TheCracker
Vector - Ford?, Chevy?, Elastic bands?


I don't know about the W8 but I'm pretty sure the M12 had Lamborghini power.
 
PhatFat
I don't know about the W8 but I'm pretty sure the M12 had Lamborghini power.

It must be the W8 that cleverly used two banks of elastic bands joined by a common crank shaft.
 
TheCracker
It must be the W8 that cleverly used two banks of elastic bands joined by a common crank shaft.


Yeah, it was originally used in the Austin Allegro
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

ooOOOOooooOOO! :O Someone started a thread about McCUTEY!!!! :O:O:O oh my goddess I AM SO HAPPY! :O Yea I also WANT the road version of the McCUTEY for my very own HEART! :O Although the McLaren F1 Fina is good enough for me but it isnt close to my heart like the versions that were meant to be on the streets. I would LAUGH and DANCE with joy if somehow a picture of the McLaren F1 road car just get posted up on Gamespot or IGN site! :O:O:O

I WANT ALL THE McCUTEY IN THE GAME if PD CAN DO IT! I WOULD FLY JAPAN, RAM GO INTO PD's BUILDING....

AND GET ON MY KNEES AND BEG KAZUNORI YAMAUCHI just to delay GT4 again IF HE JUST GOT McLAREN LTD License BUT ITS TOO LATE TO PUT IT IN GT4! :crazy: I WANT I WANT I WANT the ORIGINAL McCUTEY that I CAN TUNE MYSELF AND CALL IT:

McLaren F1 "Angel Edition" AND IT BE MINE!!! :O :crazy:

I still would LUV to use the McLaren F1 Fina, but it to me looks like a McLaren F1 on STEROIDS AND GOT TORTURED BY RIPPING ITS CUTE CHEEK OFF JUST TO CUT SOME POUNDS OFF!!!! :O:O ooOOo I feel so srry for you Fina, imma take you in my garage and make you feel better! :O:O:O

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: uh oh she/he is scary
 
extreme car
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: uh oh she/he is scary


I bet 'she' is a 43 year-old fat bloke who still lives with his mother
 
TheCracker
I bet 'she' is a 43 year-old fat bloke who still lives with his mother
Yea, and the mother just so happens to be John.
 
yeti
... and Volvo is part of Ford.
So is Jaguar...

I would indeed like to see Mclaren in the game if that would mean the SLR. I'm less fond of the F1, but it would be nice, if they exactly replicated it. That would mean a shock for every Mclaren fan that is proud of it's stats and has never driven it. Of course the "aura" that surrounds it, you can't replicate. (cuteness in McLA's eyes)
I do hope if the SLR is in the game, they include the air brake. I know the Mitsubishi weird concept has one, but I can't imagine PD using moving parts on cars other than the wheels. If it's in the game, I know what I'm saving my credits for :D. I can imagine buying a cheaper mercedes first (awesome 190 EVO II), and climb the ladder, buy a more expensive mercedes, and repeat that untill I have the SLR sitting pretty in my garage waiting for the chance to rip the asphalt.
 
Well, I don't think we'll get McLarens aside from th Fina and maybe the Merc SLR. McLaren's license is probably already owned by EA, like all the other famous licenses. :ouch:

BTW, calm down McLaren's Angel, you just look freaky as hell by acting like that. :sick:

See ya :sly:
 
Don't be so hard on her. At least she shares an appreciation for automobiles with the rest of us. I'm sure if mclaren really wanted to they could have spent a couple hundred million and produced there own engine, but this surely would have jacked the price up even more, and where exactly can a car that already costs $1million go? They also probably wouln't have the experience to pull the full potential out of an engine they created. Why not leave it to a company that knows what it is doing and will produce a quality product. It's not like the engine descended from sedan or family car, it was a purpose built beast. Mclaren is a chasis manufacturor and a beast at that. I hape more mclaren road cars are created.

One question for Mac's angel. What do you thing of the xjr-15? I think it looks quite a bit like the mac. Of course it can't hold a light to one but still.

Edit:Just reread this and found a whole bunch of mistakes.
 
The xjr-15 and the F1 were both designed by the same person. I think his name is Peter Stevens.
 
xcsti
Don't be so hard on her. At least she shares an appreciation for automobiles with teh rest of us. I'm sure if mclaren really wanted to they could have spent a couple hundred million and produced there own engine, but this surely would have jacked the price up even more, and where exactly can a car that already costs $1million go? They also probably wouln;t have the experience to pull the full potential out of an engine they created. Why no leave it to a company that knows what it is doing and will produce a quality product. It's not like the engine descended from sedan or family car, it was a purpose built beast. Mclaren is a chasis manufacturor and a beast at that. I hape more mclaren road cars are created.

One question for Mac's angel. What do you thing of the xjr-15? I think it looks quite a bit like the mac. Of course it can't hold a light to one but still.

why make your own engine when BMW can engineer one to perfection for you?
 
kinigitt
why make your own engine when BMW can engineer one to perfection for you?



Speaking of BMW engines …I’m looking forward to sharking the M5 V10 engine into the RUF 3400s…It may not be a Carrera GT, but its as close as we’ll get.

Slotting the Mac’s engine in to a road going Zonda will also help fill the void…
 
Heihachi
Speaking of BMW engines …I’m looking forward to sharking the M5 V10 engine into the RUF 3400s…It may not be a Carrera GT, but its as close as we’ll get.

Slotting the Mac’s engine in to a road going Zonda will also help fill the void…

hybrids right?

I never got into that stuff. Sounds cool though.
 
Yeah, I'm with you on that kinigitt, hopefully the ability to do hybrids isn't in GT4. It just doesn't seem right to me... well not in the level that people talk about what they have done in GT3.

I see no problem in putting an Integra's engine into a Civic and the like, but all this Zonda engine into a Lotus Elise is crap (to put it as mildly as I can).
 
kinigitt
hybrids right?

I never got into that stuff. Sounds cool though.


Hybrids great fun indeed.
Recipe for Lambo style fun in GT3(Pal or NTSC):

Take one yellow Tommy ZZ-II
Slot in Lambo V12 from Nomad
Make rear wheel drive

Tasty mock lambo…
 
Hybrids should be in. Most people who do them have already mastered all other aspects of the game and are just trying to increase there enjoyment of the game. I have no problem hearing that somone threw an f1 chasis and a 787b engine into a mini. I wish I could do it.
 
xcsti
Hybrids should be in. Most people who do them have already mastered all other aspects of the game and are just trying to increase there enjoyment of the game. I have no problem hearing that somone threw an f1 chasis and a 787b engine into a mini. I wish I could do it.

options are always good to have, because if you don't like it, you don't have to do it.
 
The Fina #42 is probably all you're gonna get. OH, and the person who said, "If the racing one is in, surely the street version will be in."

WRONG. Sorry to come down so hard, but EA also snagged the rights to McLaren too. I'm gonna say this one more time. There are only 2 McLarens and 1 McLaren helped model that are NOT owned by McLarenCarsLimited, and they are the following:
#42 Fina McLaren F1 GTR "Longtail" owned by BMW License
#43 Fina McLaren F1 GTR "Longtail" owned by BMW License
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren owned by the Mercedes-Benz License.

Sorry to yell. :)

P.S: If you wish to talk to me about McLaren, and I am offline, please AIM me.
I will be on until 10 PM central time. AIM me at DiabloViperGT.
 
xcsti
Hybrids should be in. Most people who do them have already mastered all other aspects of the game and are just trying to increase there enjoyment of the game. I have no problem hearing that somone threw an f1 chasis and a 787b engine into a mini. I wish I could do it.


There is more satisfaction to be gained mimicking real cars than making comedy cars. And yes, as in the case of GT3 I will not be making hybrids until I have owned every car in the game. I don’t want to rob myself of the fun.
 
Heihachi
There is more satisfaction to be gained mimicking real cars than making comedy cars. And yes, as in the case of GT3 I will not be making hybrids until I have owned every car in the game. I don’t want to rob myself of the fun.

That's a good philosophy. I don't understand how people can cheat (or manupulate game code, if I'm getting it right) when they haven't beaten a game yet.
 
I would love to see the McLaren F1 in GT4, but it aint gonna happen.

I read this in Car and Driver. Some guy from Iraq got a free F1 from Saddam's garage, and some other dude got a 1935 Mercedes thats worth $9000000.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

First off...I think I can see that some of you who oppose me probably want me to be banded from this site and that is fine. Go and hurt other people's feelings like you hurt mines. :( It is very sad to me how I am just expressing my feeling of how much I luv the McLaren F1 and to then to have a knife be driven into my heart. You know, it really hurt me when I first read some of the feedback. And especially since now more post have showed up talking about me, I feel more pain.

Maybe just a few of you is enough to drive me out of this board or maybe not.
Maybe I should pack my stuff and leave.
And I really though this board was full of Angel-hearted people, but now I know I am wrong.
But you know...

I am going to be staying on GTPlanet! ":O Go ahead and hurt my feeling all you want. I am just going to take the attacks and get back up and keep on going. I am very proud of the things I luv and you can't break the bond.

Back to topic! :O

I would really luv if the McCutey to show up in GT4! :O:O:O And although getting in McLaren LTD. is sure a pain, I am sure PD will get it in some day! But it does trouble me sometimes when I think about the BMW McLaren F1 Fina...I remember seeing an article online of BMW trying to buy McLaren. Is that true?
 
xcsti
.

One question for Mac's angel. What do you thing of the xjr-15? I think it looks quite a bit like the mac. Of course it can't hold a light to one but still.

Edit:Just reread this and found a whole bunch of mistakes.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I like the XJR-15! It sure does have some similar looks to the McCutey! and VICE versa! :O The car's weight is a fabulous 2,315 pounds with a top speed of about 215. I find that interesting since it have only 415 HP and perform very well. I would like to see it with more HP and see wut kind of amazing numbers it will pull off! :O:O:O
 
omfg wtf is this drama? :/
 
I wouldn't call it drama, I'd call it comedy.

When everyone is getting worked up about PD pushing the release date back back another month or dropping online mode etc, it's nice to see someone isn't taking it all seriously. And that person is McLaren's Angel.

Just think, if everyone were the same, we'd all be really boring. And as John said, you can always ignore her. At least someoen's making an effort to break up the monotony of complaints around here.
 
Do you race?
I wouldn't call it drama, I'd call it comedy.

When everyone is getting worked up about PD pushing the release date back back another month or dropping online mode etc, it's nice to see someone isn't taking it all seriously. And that person is McLaren's Angel.

Just think, if everyone were the same, we'd all be really boring. And as John said, you can always ignore her. At least someoen's making an effort to break up the monotony of complaints around here.

complaints monotonous!?

surely you jest.
 
Afraid no, kinigitt:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49791
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49779
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49762
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40369
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40369
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49482

Need I go on?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49516
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30599
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49046
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49095
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49086

I think I've made my point clear. That's just about every.
Single.
Thread.
On.
Release.
Dates.
And.
Online.
Play.
If you read them all, you'll notice it get monotonous.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, the point of this thread:
McLaren'sAngel
First off...I think I can see that some of you who oppose me probably want me to be banded from this site and that is fine. Go and hurt other people's feelings like you hurt mines. It is very sad to me how I am just expressing my feeling of how much I luv the McLaren F1 and to then to have a knife be driven into my heart. You know, it really hurt me when I first read some of the feedback. And especially since now more post have showed up talking about me, I feel more pain.

Maybe just a few of you is enough to drive me out of this board or maybe not.
Maybe I should pack my stuff and leave.
And I really though this board was full of Angel-hearted people, but now I know I am wrong.
But you know...
I'm with McLaren's Angel. At least she has a sense of humour unlike everyone else who is dsplaying conduct very unbecoming of forum users. Where I come from, you'd all be banned indefinately for abusing her like that. So I find what she says funny. It add character to forums that consist of people b****ing about the removal of online mode and the release date being set back again. I happen to think it's funny and if you lot are going to hold that against me, it's your problem, not mine.

So don't worry about it McLaren'sAngel. Just ignore it. And them. If it gets worse, report it to a member of the Mod Squad, I'm sure they'll be all to happy to help.
 
I like the way the xjr-15 looks, but I was watching a downloaded topgear episode about it. they couldn't control it all, just kept on spinning. They said that it was the worst handleing car ever. They then did a segment on the f1. Thats when I noticed the similarity.

Oh and I noticed you found the search button, do you race.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back