McLaren F1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam_b24
  • 108 comments
  • 5,159 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you race?

Those are fun to read and participate in!! Almost as fun as bludgeoning myself in the head with a fire extinguisher!
 
Yo, GTPlanet... isn't the XJR15 in Gran Turismo 2? I just wanted to know. More commentary in my next reply. Read on.
 
I'm just sick of defending people all the time, especially if the person in question did do something totally wrong. I'm sick of defending people all the time. It doesn't mean that I don't want to "turn frowns upside down," so to speak, it's just that we're all human beings and if you don't like that person, just ignore and move on, even if you want to ignore every last active person on GTPlanet (except Moderators and our beloved leader Jordan). What's wrong with showing a little personality on GTPlanet, much less online? Just because I'm online doesn't mean I have to just be like everyone else. We're not aliens. Our personality should extend to online. Why pretend to be someone you aren't online? So in the case of McLaren'sAngel, she's an expressive person and is highly free to do whatever she wants no matter what anyone daresay. Same goes to me. I do what I can on GTPlanet because I love being here and love the atmosphere. The least some antagonists on GTPlanet can do is give me that chance. Remember, we're more than just a screen name and a bunch of replies. Why be the same? You got to branch out, man! Be different.
 
GTPlanet's "Do You Race?" deserves a gold medal for Post #59. Look at Post #54 (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1272258&postcount=54). I'm damned ashamed. McLaren'sAngel may be a friend of mine, but come on. That could have been ANYONE on GTPlanet. What the hell is wrong of you people? This thread was a discussion about the McLaren F1 in GT4, and all of a sudden, it's some sort of "Ban McLaren'sAngel" campaign. And "Do You Race?" is right:

"...At least she has a sense of humour unlike everyone else who is dsplaying conduct very unbecoming of forum users. Where I come from, you'd all be banned indefinately for abusing her like that... It add character to forums that consist of people b****ing about the removal of online mode and the release date being set back again. I happen to think it's funny and if you lot are going to hold that against me, it's your problem, not mine."

So, are we going to talk about Gran Turismo, or are we going to bash on someone like that person has no place on here? Answer that question before thinking about making ANY reply. Your choice. Take your time. Carry on.
 
Hell, I'd be just as giddy as McAngel there if I just had the opportunity to actually drive one of my cars in the game.. something I've yet to be able to do (not like they're obscure or anything, either.. '89 Toyota Camry LE, '92 Ford Tempo).

Or if twilight1983's list was accurate and Delorean was in the game. :) I love that car 'bout as much as McAngel loves the F1. :)

But I do agree with you, John.. While McAngel's posts may be quite energetic, they get nothing more than a raised eyebrow from me, then I smile and go about my business.
 
Jedi2016
Hell, I'd be just as giddy as McAngel there if I just had the opportunity to actually drive one of my cars in the game.. something I've yet to be able to do (not like they're obscure or anything, either.. '89 Toyota Camry LE, '92 Ford Tempo).

Or if twilight1983's list was accurate and Delorean was in the game. :) I love that car 'bout as much as McAngel loves the F1. :)

But I do agree with you, John.. While McAngel's posts may be quite energetic, they get nothing more than a raised eyebrow from me, then I smile and go about my business.
I feel the same way about about your first sentence. :indiff:
Yeah, I agree with John too.
 
The XJR-15 was based on spare 'tubs' from the XJR LeMans racers. It was produced for a one-make race series that supported some of the euro Grand Prix rounds. It wasn't designed or set-up for road use hense the tricky handling. Jags own XJ220 project put any hopes of developing the XJR-15 for road use in to touch. And yes it does resemble the Macca F1 because it was also penned by Peter Stevens.
 
:) John,

You're right, the Jag XJR-15 was in GT2 as a special car you could buy for a million or so. I seem to remember that it wasn't very easy to handle though...

Paul.
 
I wasn't joking when I said that where I come from, you'd all be banned for good. The head moderator has a habit of banning first and asking questions later. Considering that he has so much to do, questions are usually last on his list of priorities. Just be glad he doesn't like GT ... :trouble:

Anyway, end of that conversation, hopefully for good.

I wonder though, is the #42 McLaren F1 counted as an LMP or just a normal race car like the Takata NSX (I know it's JGTC, but for the purposes of argument)?

And on the XJR-15 in GT2, I quite liked using it for Enduros like the Grand Valley 300km and Rome 2 Hours ... it's quite a challenge! Shame it only came in purple as a 'race' car.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Well good thing things seem to be settled down..for now... :) BACK TO TOPIC!

Is there by any chance the XJR-15 might be in GT4? :odd::O
 
It was in GT2, so yes, there's a slim hope.
 
Lady McLaren. Glad to see you :) again. We're on your side. If not everyone, then me at least. Take it easy. Just be as innocent as your bunny or kitten in your signature.

The Jaguar XJR-15. I don't know much on this car, but I'm a big Jaguar fan. I play-tested this car before and seems pretty cool. I guess the most popular of the Jaguars besides the alluring and angellic E-Type, let it be the Silk Cut Jaguars like the ones who won Le Mans 1990. If PD wants to concentrate on racing history, be sure to include that Silk Cut Jag. And as far as the XJR-15 goes, I kind of hope it will be in GT4. Also I hope the McLaren F1 from 1995 will be in GT4. Why this one? First time out = outright winner.

McLaren'sAngel, hope that your baby boy makes it into GT4 with more than just the Fina model.
 
JohnBM01
Lady McLaren. Glad to see you :) again. We're on your side. If not everyone, then me at least. Take it easy. Just be as innocent as your bunny or kitten in your signature.
A-hem. I'm here too, Ms. McAngel (and John ... :irked: ...)

As for the XJR-15, that would be nice. I quite liked chucking it around the harder courses and Enduros of Gran Turismo 2 ... the Grand Valley 300km springs to mind. So hard to master but oh so beautiful in the hands of a pro. It would look even better in Silk Cut sponsorship (are they allowed to do that!?) than in the purple of GT2.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Thank you John and Do You Race? . :O

Anyways back on topic!

After looking at the XJR-15 many times and comparing how similar it looks to the McCutey.. :odd: I just recalled from my brain that from reading Driving Ambition (The REAL book of how McLaren F1 started from beginning to the end) Steve Peterson was the designer of the XJR-15. :O So maybe that's why the McF1 and the XJR-15 looks similar, but I wonder why? :O :odd:
 
Many designers do similar themes or like certainlines. I'll try and find an example, there are two show cars, one by jag and the other by subaru, they look almost exactly the same and are by the same designer. I'll post pics when I find them.

Edit: Both of these are designed by Erwin Himmel and his fuore design studio.

Subaru B11s
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=pic.php&imagenum=2&carnum=1616

JaguarFuore xf10
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=pic.php&imagenum=4&carnum=1701
 
TheCracker
I bet 'she' is a 43 year-old fat bloke who still lives with his mother

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

now that's a joke 👍
 
Its amazing to me how completely stupid and bitter some people are and start flaming away at someone else's opinion.

McLaren's Angel, keep posting away :) .

It'd be a real shame if only the "race" version of the McLaren F1 (or McCutey as angel puts it) made it into GT4. The road version was amazing for its time and definitely deserves a place in GT4. I'm no fan of german engineered engine, i dont like the sound compared to American and Italian engines, but that McLaren is a sweet ride and the engine is cool.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Yea...:O I can't stop day dreaming about having all the McCuteys in GT4...It is hard at times for me to sleep because I imagine IF my wish did came true. It brings a big smile to my face everytime I think about it.

"1 McCutey....2 McCutey....3McCutey....." :O:O:O
 
Lady McLaren, two things. (1) You have a little... kitten or bunny in your signature, but playing Bloodrayne 2? That takes away from innocence, does it? (2) Easy now, "fragile bunny." GT4 will be out in a few months, and you can show your love of your baby boy by then. Don't faint on us now, you dig me McLaren Kitty?

You can surely bet you'll see the McLaren F1 with matchups in the high-powered car classes. It's almost a sure bet to see one in the Pro Leauges or at least the GT World Championship Pro level. Do we have any pros here? Any "primetime playas" here? Well, the McLaren F1 will really be a force to be reckoned with whether you like the F1 or not. For now, all we have is the Fina McLaren. Man, wanting cars in this game is kind of like telling Santa what you want for Christmas. Question is... can "Santa Yamauchi" deliver for all of us? And unless you've been a bad boy/girl this year, you're not getting GT4. Kind of a weird question, but what would "Santa Yamauchi" have for a sled to ride in? What, an Escudo Pikes Peak with jet boosters? After all, Santa does have 9 reindeer, you know. And the 981 horses of this hillclimb beast can be thought up as having 100hp for each reindeer.

Okay, go ahead and say I'm weird. Don't tell me anything I already know.
 
JohnBM01
Okay, go ahead and say I'm weird. Don't tell me anything I already know.


I must say JohnBM01 that your comedy is almost growing on me.
 
Is the only racing McLaren going to be the #42 Fina? What about the Mobil McLaren (don't know it's number ...)? Is that going to be available or is it just the one car? Mind you, I think the #42 Fina is much better looking ... however, my dislike of the Mobil McLaren may arise from my prejudice against the Australian Holden Racing Team (they used to have similar paint work) ...
 
Yeah, that's our 'Angel. ONLY on GTPlanet, baby!
 
McLaren'sAngel's Garage: 1000 "McCutey's"

Or else they're just all talk...
 
Wow, Heihachi. Kind of seem like you have an Avatar McLaren'sAngel would use. Didn't steal from her, did you?

The McLaren F1 should be in GT4 as a road car. I don't know if people are better off thinking of McLaren as a racing manufacturer or a racing manufacturer with a one-off. By the way, Hellnback... she also likes the Toyota Supra and R34 Skyline, so her garage won't be ALL McLarens. If that happens, she'd wake up in the morning, look in her garage, and faint all morning long. Well, I'm done here, have at it, folks.
 
I thought they would've made their word and rubbed up against every single one of them... lol
 
I wouldn't be surprised if she just sits there all day staring at the McLaren instead of taking it out and risk damaging/dirtying it. Isn't that right Ms McAngel?
 
Do you race?
I wouldn't be surprised if she just sits there all day staring at the McLaren instead of taking it out and risk damaging/dirtying it. Isn't that right Ms McAngel?

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Well sorta...:odd: I would drive the McCutey where ever I want to go, but avoid driving long distance! :O I would park that pet in a garage if I can and put a plastic cover over the entire car to avoid getting dust on it. If it was to be parked outside, I would be looking through the window at it about every 30 seconds! :O If I see a bird doodoo just come and PLOP! the car...I would IMMEDIATELY run outside and clean that doodoo off! I WOULD ALWAYS BE THERE FOR MY McCUTEY WHENEVER IT GETS A "booboo" ! :O:O:O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

Well sorta...:odd: I would drive the McCutey where ever I want to go, but avoid driving long distance! :O I would park that pet in a garage if I can and put a plastic cover over the entire car to avoid getting dust on it. If it was to be parked outside, I would be looking through the window at it about every 30 seconds! :O If I see a bird doodoo just come and PLOP! the car...I would IMMEDIATELY run outside and clean that doodoo off! I WOULD ALWAYS BE THERE FOR MY McCUTEY WHENEVER IT GETS A "booboo" ! :O:O:O
:lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back