McLaren Senna (P15)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 208 comments
The Gumpert Apollo’s “true” successor.

9FAA28B3-A748-4F3F-9173-BFBB64C37569.jpeg

D262BE19-5A91-44E7-BDAC-C9CD19FCAF0F.jpeg

It looks more like a non-camouflaged test mule or very early stages prototype, than an actual production car.

There's no denying it'll be a sell out, but those who end up with it definitely have more money than taste. :crazy:

Well, I have two eyes, and it's pretty darn ugly according to them.

But, out of all the things McLaren could have named it, they named it 'Senna'.

They know it's going to be fast.

The Gumpert Apollo’s “true” successor.

View attachment 698506
View attachment 698507
I wouldn't say that. The Apollo obviously sacrificed form for function; you look at it and you can tell that it's meant for trackwork first and road legality a distant second. The P15 looks more like a "track inspired" road car where the aero parts are more for visual impact than actual performance.

Dissapointed in the looks, but knowing McLaren, the performance will be savage. Actually was anticipating to see a 720S MSO, with a fixed wing, like this MSO HS, which itself was based on the 675LT:

20171210_204444.jpg

The looks of the 720S have grown on on me (something I cannot see the Senna doing, even though they obviously share some same sttling cues), and I think a MSO HS version based on it will strike a nice balance between looks and track performance.

Last edited:
What's the point of making this car street legal?

Guess they can sell more of them at such a high price then if it was a track exclusive. Wouldn't suprise me if a "track only" version with higher specs, in limited numbers, arrives within a year of this cars release.

Love it. Looks mean. Great to see McLaren design something less stylised.

Hope they actually enter a race series with it or one of their other cars becsuse they only race the 570s and 650s at the moment. Not sure where any of their hyper cars could race though. Same with their more powerful super cars.

Guess McLaren gone too far with P15. Could be they want to achieve aerodynamic push instead of aesthetic looks. However, the result was less pleasing in my opinion. The only thing that could save this car is how this thing performs in race track. Or perhaps Nurburgring lap record as every manufacturer did on how proving which is the fastest.

Also, I still bothered on how they brave enough to call this "Senna". In my opinion after looking at it I still thought that the only proper car could bears Senna's legacy is obviously one and only the original NA1 NSX (That obvious though since Senna is directly involved on it's development). Well balanced and advanced for it's time, while still maintain the sleek and simple looks. And still looking good until today.

maxresdefault.jpg

honda_nsx_1991_ser1_01.jpg

No comparison.

The old NSX is a decent looking low end sports car, but I'm sure Senna would be happy with the McLaren hyper car being named after him. His family obviously approve.

This is the most interesting car McLaren have built since the F1. Raw power and agressive looking. Looks like it's straight from the track and built only to win.

Ugly, no. Different for McLaren, yes. If people think it's ugly they don't appreciate the highest form of hyper car engineering that isn't just built to go fast in a straight line.

Guess McLaren gone too far with P15. Could be they want to achieve aerodynamic push instead of aesthetic looks. However, the result was less pleasing in my opinion. The only thing that could save this car is how this thing performs in race track. Or perhaps Nurburgring lap record as every manufacturer did on how proving which is the fastest.

Also, I still bothered on how they brave enough to call this "Senna". In my opinion after looking at it I still thought that the only proper car could bears Senna's legacy is obviously one and only the original NA1 NSX (That obvious though since Senna is directly involved on it's development). Well balanced and advanced for it's time, while still maintain the sleek and simple looks. And still looking good until today.

maxresdefault.jpg

honda_nsx_1991_ser1_01.jpg

It's no beauty, but was Ayrton Senna ever judged by his looks? As long as it's supreme on track naming it Senna is appropriate.

Have McLaren said why it has windows in the door? I can't see that it has any practical reason.

The more I look at photo's of the P15 Senna thing, the more it's growing on me. Strange. The side view of this car is not that attractive to be honest.

What's the point of making this car street legal?

So rich tossers can drive them round City centers at walking pace.

Have McLaren said why it has windows in the door? I can't see that it has any practical reason.

So you can see more of the rich tossers, as they drive them round city centers at walking pace... I could add more, but fear I may be in breach of AUP.

The 720s already was ugly and weird looking to me especially the back end, but this....sheesh lol. I mean I know its all for function but it's got too much going on :scared:

Look, what a beautiful ..................................................................................... trailer.

Supposedly £750,000.

Beware, a shmee150 review.

Car is sold out (allocated), all 500, according to Shmee.

This thing is atrocious. Absolutely unappealing imo. If they were trying for some "ultimate series" why didn't they do like the McLaren F1 LM and take a page out of it's book and do a road car version of the GT3 720s?-

z5tvoxwpb05ydzeey137.png

That render looks absolutely brilliant. Shame its not how the Senna turned out.

Back