McLaren Senna (P15)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 208 comments
I reckon it looks pretty nice. The spoiler offsets that sloping, saggy arse just enough, and there's a bit of weirdness to keep it interesting.

Door windows though? Hmmmm....

Can't wait to slap a livery on this thing :)

Neither the US or the Middle East market require the additional silencer, so the third exhaust is not needed.

It only has one silencer?

video-production-ver-2_800x0w.jpg

Kind of looks like a 90's NSX from certain angles . I mean Senna did help in developing the NSX.

Yeah, but probably not the styling. Unless he did a stint of work experience in the design department. ;)

A guy I know is getting one (he's adding it to a nice stable already- McLaren P1, 675LT, Porsche 918 Spyder, GT3 RS, F 458, Hennessey1000 Hellcat, etc. and is going to be getting the Venom F5 as well). Curious to see how it looks in the flesh, definitely an acquired taste styling wise, I think it's pretty ugly but serves one purpose and will have ridiculous performance.

Also read recently they conducted some comparative laps on the F1 track in Bahrain between the P1 GTR and the Senna. The P1 GTR was in its full race trim, the Senna in stock trim with street tires. The P1 GTR beat it by only 1 second. :eek:

Last edited:
Wow that’s an ugly car... that’s what happens when you let engineers put their calculators ahead of a designers artistic approach.
People tend to say that when a performance car ends up looking ugly, but to my eye the designers are at fault in this case. The shape of the car isn't bad. Whatever they tried to do with the headlights and black trim on the back is horrible though. The image of the car in full black already looks better to me. The insistence on having McLaren logo headlights is another thing that I'm not very keen on, much like the glass on the door. Having the headlights recessed like that also doesn't seem very efficient and looks weird.

People tend to say that when a performance car ends up looking ugly, but to my eye the designers are at fault in this case. The shape of the car isn't bad. Whatever they tried to do with the headlights and black trim on the back is horrible though. The image of the car in full black already looks better to me. The insistence on having McLaren logo headlights is another thing that I'm not very keen on, much like the glass on the door. Having the headlights recessed like that also doesn't seem very efficient and looks weird.
The car was built and designed for one purpose, pure performance. I agree though I don't like the glass on the door, the side profile looks really weird purpotionaly, and I'm not a fan of the recessed headlights, the 720s had these too. I think the Mclaren P1, and P1 GTR are absolutely gorgeous.

The car was built and designed for one purpose, pure performance.
Well, almost. It's surely a very performance oriented car, but I doubt that a company like McLaren wouldn't take styling and marketing into account for such a vehicle. This car definitely has styling elements that don't seem to have any functional purpose. It's the norm for road cars, even the extreme ones.

I can see why you'd think the side profile is a bit strange and that might be down to the performance goals of the vehicle, but I think a lot of the other visual are either stylistic choices or were heavily influenced by aesthetics.

Here's another pic

I agree, the spoiler is placed too far forward. It makes the rear half very odd looking.

Looks like a car accident with a Chiron rear-ending a P1 GTR...

If you look at the front, it's ok. If you look at the back, I guess it's kinda ok? Put them together and... er...

This car is just horrible looking. Even a car designed with performance first and foremost, it is possible to make it also look good, I would think. Some very questionable designs from Mclaren recently, like the also very hideous 720S.

Hard to believe this is the same company that gave us the wonderful looking P1.
e50f0836cb9868c3cbc9a116e9b56e69cf5f0a44.jpg

It probably wouldn't look so bad without the random yellow highlights... actually, come to think of it, nothing about it that could be removed would make it look better.

There's no denying for one second the performance of this car would be incredible to experience first hand. But much like every other McLaren bar the F1 and 675LT, I just can't find any reason to like them. Even the P1 has lost its shine.

The fact that this one is clearly cashing in on an iconic name doesn't sit well with me either. :indiff:

I think we've surpassed the 1980s folks. This is uncharted territory. There might yet be a 1920s-esque ceiling to crash through in terms of capitalist debauchery, but I'm not sure showing off one's money has ever been this fashionable. That's what this car is all about, in the most grotesque way possible. I'm sure Salomondrin has one on order. :lol:

This car will never be pretty no matter the color :ill: And now there using the GTR brand on this ugly fest of a car :ill::ill:

Last edited:
Me: Well, they can't make it look any worse.

McLaren: HOLD MY TEA!

Seriously, that has to be one of the worst liveries I have ever seen. All they had to do was keep that front clip in the matte black instead of going with GTA-noob chrome and I could have tolerated it.

Not sure what to even think about the serving tray appendage on the front.

ARGH, I want to like it

I think it works better with all the aero on it. It's like a Veneno, except the appendages actually do something.

It looks like the front splitter goes on for miles! :lol:

whd6uffvxercquj3hmuy.jpg

I agree, the agressive aero makes it look better. The sharp edges at the front and the rear are quite interesting.

It looks like the front splitter goes on for miles! :lol:

whd6uffvxercquj3hmuy.jpg

I agree, the agressive aero makes it look better. The sharp edges at the front and the rear are quite interesting.

The 650S called, it wants its front end back...

Still looks horrendous every way you look at it.

Back