Meet the $350,000 Lancia Delta "Futurista" Restomod, By Automobili Amos

Love it, the green is just stunning on the car and the two door style looks good. I can't tell in the pictures how much of the front grille and bumper are exposed carbon-fiber, but I'd have that all painted body color. If I had money to afford the car in the first place.

Singer is the worst thing to happen in the automotive world since the Fast & the Furious movies. Everyone has been given free reign to rape classic cars and ruin them for future generations as long as it’s “classy”. Restomods are only OK if they start life as a vehicle that’s already been destroyed/neglected so long that it’s never going to be driven again otherwise.

Keep cars stock, keep them beautiful.

Last edited:
For $350k I would have thought they could find a more common chassis with the right wheelbase to build this on that another Delta. It's a very very cool car, but I would much prefer to know it was built on a Golf Chassis for example, or something else which is far more common and less classic than a genuine Delta even if not a HF. They have done a great job on the styling and other work though.

Looks lovely but there is no way in hell I would have the AA badge on the front of it :lol:

Frankly for the money, buy your own original Delta in good condition and do the modifications you want to it.

Singer is the worst thing to happen in the automotive world since the Fast & the Furious movies. Everyone has been given free reign to rape classic cars and ruin them for future generations as long as it’s “classy”. Restomods are only OK if they start life as a vehicle that’s already been destroyed/neglected so long that it’s never going to be driven again otherwise.

The 2000s were very bad for lots of cars only a few escaped the Ricer fever.

Restomods are the real life equivalent of rose colored glasses. You get to idealize the past rather than actually step into it with all of its flaws. I get the appeal even if I don't need one.

Here's another take on it, restomods create cars that are not otherwise possible to exist. To take an older car and update it is the only way to enjoy these older cars with modern conveniences in a way that is street legal. Otherwise you just can't build a car that looks that fantastic, it's not safe enough for pedestrians or drivers or the fuel economy isn't good enough, etc. In a very real way, this is a product of government regulations.

I don't know. I love the Delta HF Integrale no matter what but the diffuser is just out of place, than that rear spoiler... and the carbon fiber front mask. I don't want to talk about the AA badge (why would someone want the HF badge gone)... no, it is just wrong to make an old car look like new. And than there is the price. I don't like it.

I'm not exactly sure what purpose this serves. A 911, I can see, but a Lancia Delta? Seems a bit of a suspect way to blow through 350 grand.

It's certainly well done. But I don't see the purpose of resto-modding a vehicle that for the most part, doesn't seem to benefit from it.

Its nice enough looking, but then visually it's not a much of a step on from an Integrale Evo. 350k is an awful lot no matter how much carbon fibre you throw at it. 330hp isn't going to set the hot hatch world on fire either, not when you can get more for 1/10th of the price. Not sure that making it a 3-door adds to it either as it just appears to have the rear doors welded up and smoothed over.

If it was a totally restored Evo with a little more power and newer brakes and tyres for 100k, then it would be much better.

OMG I just saw the LEVATI (move away) button on the steering wheel!!
lancia-delta-futurista-007.jpg

I take away everything... this option makes it a must have car! :lol:

Where is the GTS livery? Someone's gotta clone this beauty.
It's green.

:P

Not sure that making it a 3-door adds to it either as it just appears to have the rear doors welded up and smoothed over.
Agreed. At best it's awkward.

(why would someone want the HF badge gone)
It would likely be panned for having an HF badge because it isn't an HF. If it isn't an HF, it's highly unlikely it had an HF badge and the HF badge isn't actually gone as a result.

Frankly for the money, buy your own original Delta in good condition and do the modifications you want to it.
Oh absolutely, but that's significantly more difficult than swiping and signing.

:P

I would much prefer to know it was built on a Golf chassis for example
This isn't so much a response to you as it is using your comment as a jumping off point to address something else. I hope you don't mind.

I indicated in a previous response that the car looks awkward in its 3-door configuration as it's presented, and I think it's worth noting that a 3-door Golf isn't merely a 5-door with the rears welded up, and you can't replace 3-door Golf doors with 5-door Golf fronts without significant modification.

While I'm not impressed by a number of things about this product, utilizing a more faithful 5-door configuration would improve it greatly in my eyes.

More power to them if they can indeed get what they're trying to get for what they're offering, but I think this falls well in that "more money than sense" realm.

Despite being terribly expensive, I think Singers are much more transparent when it comes to demonstrating where the money goes.
Plus, as I've mentioned elsewhere, 911s are fairly unique in that they're generally (excluding some outliers) desirable across the board and Singer's aim to backdate old-ish air-cooled cars that are still readily available and at the same time make aesthetic improvements and create a highly strung but balanced package that rivals even new cars is a pretty great aim that they've nailed just about perfectly.

It would likely be panned for having an HF badge because it isn't an HF. If it isn't an HF, it's highly unlikely it had an HF badge and the HF badge isn't actually gone as a result.
I don't know. Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I know all the Deltas Evoluzione produced between 1991 and 1995 had the HF badge. Also this 1991 Lancia Delta HF 16V Evoluzione. The HF (High Fidelity) badge was there to show that the car communicated the real feeling of driving. That is going to give you true driving experience. It has also historical meaning too. It is not just a simple badge. Any owner of the Lancia would be proud of the HF badge. Soo, yeah... gone is the perfect word.

I don't know. Maybe I am wrong, but as far as I know all the Deltas Evoluzione produced between 1991 and 1995 had the HF badge. Also this 1991 Lancia Delta HF 16V Evoluzione. The HF (High Fidelity) badge was there to show that the car communicated the real feeling of driving. That is going to give you true driving experience. It has also historical meaning too. It is not just a simple badge. Any owner of the Lancia would be proud of the HF badge. Soo, yeah... gone is the perfect word.
Fair enough. It appears you're more familiar with these than I am, and that tracks as these don't really interest me even in standard configuration.

One paragraph of the article sticks out for me with regard to the unmodified car bearing the "HF" designation...

The Delta Futurista curiously starts off life as an original Delta 16v. These are rather more plentiful in supply than the HF Integrale and Evo cars, but even so it’s not going to be a high-volume car.

...and that leads me to believe it wouldn't possess HF badging.

A cursory Google image search yielded various results including images marked as depicting HFs in which the HF grill badge was absent and images not marked as depicting HFs with the badge present. Some cars appearing in the search had no badge within the fields of the grill and others bore a "GT" in the right hand field instead of "HF" in the left. Other images depicted what appeared to be earlier cars with a larger, more archaic "HF Turbo" badge in the right hand field.

As I said, I'm not terribly familiar with these cars in any trim or from any period and I'm not inclined to argure when I'm not informed.

As I said, I'm not terribly familiar with these cars in any trim or from any period and I'm not inclined to argure when I'm not informed.

You know, I understand. I respect this forum a lot I don't want to argue ether with the writers. I read the article too. And it makes me smile... a little. What is an original Delta 16V? As far as I know back then the only 16V was a 2.0 L witch was mounted only on Deltas Integrale. All the Deltas Integrale where HF. By the look only you can tell this one is an Evoluzione. Maybe it is me who is wrong here. Maybe this guy really took an 1.3 Delta
this car
1200px-Lancia_Delta_LX_2012_02.jpg

and made it look like an Evo. But I am really sceptical for many reasons. He is a fellow Italian first and there are many second hand Evoluzione out there for 50k so why bother doing all the modifications to an original Delta? But than, like I said, I could be wrong. I am Italian too... hahaha

What is an original Delta 16V? As far as I know back then the only 16V was a 2.0 L witch was mounted only on Deltas Integrale. All the Deltas Integrale where HF.
You're obviously more informed than I. I was able to glean from multiple sources that a Lancia Delta Integrale was indeed utilized as the basis for the build.

If all Integrales are HFs as you say, that's what was used and the badge was indeed removed. That said, Amos, the person behind the build, states a desire to evoke the Lancia Beta (presumably the Montecarlo with the black natural finish carbon fiber on the Futurista) and it doesn't appear those bore an HF badge within the grill.

Maybe this guy really took an 1.3 Delta
this car
1200px-Lancia_Delta_LX_2012_02.jpg

and made it look like an Evo.
It's rather moot now with the Integrale established as the basis, but I was able to find an image of the base car with all panels removed but no significant cutting done.

21148103_314454895684370_7802787431626833920_n.jpg

The rear quarter panel above the void left by removing the rear bumper shows the remnants of a shallow box flare not present on the 1.3.

This is the earliest stage of the build I've found documentation of and the article that it was shown in dates back to February of this year.

If it's any consolation, Amos says he hopes to build as many as 15 of these but doesn't intend to build more, and he won't touch Evos, stating that they should be preserved.

For anyone interested, here are a couple of my references:

https://www.integralingham.com/futurista

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/meet-man-behind-automobili-amos-hottest-car-hype-year

Unfortunately I went and closed a bunch of tabs I intended to leave open to copy the URLs.

Thank you @TexRex that was some quality reading. I guess I was wrong. those guys are putting a lot of effort making those cars. The 350k is really a reasonable price. Now I see. This is not the original car anymore. So why should they keep the badge on? But for me it is a shame. I'ts like removing the Quadrifoglio badge from the Alfas, the M badge from the BMWs. You can do it but than again you shouldn't.

While I'm not impressed by a number of things about this product, utilizing a more faithful 5-door configuration would improve it greatly in my eyes.

100% this. This style of Delta has always been a five door, and given the little tweaks made around the car (while keeping a relatively stock look), the removal of the back doors is a bit jarring.

I love the overall look apart from that, but I do think 350k is too steep. Props for using lower end models rather than cannibalising the real deal.

What can I say about italian cars? saw one of these in grey last friday ... thought it was a bit tasty until I saw the Lancia in green. The delta was a beast in fact all Lancia's were amazing until the 80's when like Fiat they ran into money troubles and started making unreliable rustbuckets.

Attachments

• 1960-ferrari-250-gt-lwb-c-2.jpg
    1960-ferrari-250-gt-lwb-c-2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 16
I actually like this in 2 door form, it actually looks considerably different to the 5 door normal Delta but never realised it was only offered
as a 5 door model before today's article.

Looks like I have a challenge to recreate in GT Sport to make a 2 door version of the car.

Well isn't this topical? We get the Lancia Delta Integrale in GT Sport and now we have this epic creation. After all, it's one of my top 10 favourite cars ever and to see it being modified like this really tickles my fancy. I love it.

Back