Menu Music For Gran Turismo SPORT/7

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 309 comments
I saw that there where a lot of people making user interface art for GT7, I probably would have joined in but i chosen to work more in audio.

Here is a link to the GT7 soundtrack i made https://soundcloud.com/net-zone/night
Let me know what you guys think of it.
That is so cool! Perfect music for just scrolling through dealerships :D

I think this would work for either menus or racing. Especially the parts before the 'main' fragments (before 1:29-2:15 and 4:45-5:30).
You might want to turn down the volume a bit, it seems a bit louder than anything.

I really like this one as well. Could be great for browsing through dealerships:

Pretty much this whole album for menus:

If not 'Awake', Tycho's other albums will work just as fine; overall it's hands down the most relaxing stuff that I know

Here is another track i made, https://soundcloud.com/net-zone/morning-sun-demo
______________________________Is it a GT Type soundtrack?
Nice.png

Great work @Netzone

Another good artist who I think needs recognition. Could maybe make some custom songs for GT7.

Aso everybody, you can hear an album here

a3327515057_16.jpg

I am not sure if I have ever posted in the GT7 forum before. If not, this marks my debut here.

Gran Turismo has some of the classiest music of any sort of game or gaming franchise. It is best to have a sort of soundtrack and musical score to fluidly compliment the nature of a game's personality. So a childish game would be out of place with death metal (I don't listen to rock music, so I don't know all the genres and sub-genres of the music). A doom-and-gloom sort of game would seem out of place with happy ice cream truck music. Gran Turismo is more an elegant kind of game. You match elegance with elegance. Even with people who think everything should be epic and hardcore, you know what we say- if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

When I explored the GRID series from Codemasters, one thing I noted I loved was the menu music. The GRID games are all about motorsports mayhem; but when you listen to the menu music, most of the songs are just impressive. You can really change the mood and character of a game simply on its menu music. I don't know the Gran Turismo series to be some in-your-face macho game franchise. So don't ruin this by having some kind of menu music score that is opposite of the character of the game. Again- go back to my discussion on elegance with a fashion example: if you're trying to go elegant, do you pair an evening dress with Converses or combat boots? Well, why would you ruin an elegant style game with trashy rock or death rock? Stick with jazz and lounge. Maybe mix things up a bit with some mellow rock or acoustic rock.

I don't know any specific songs I'd add to GT's menu music lineup for GT7. However, considering how wonderful it is to listen to most of GT's jazz and lounge songs, I'm sure GT will not disappoint here. We've almost come to a point where we almost expect to hear masterpieces from the likes of Satoshi Bandoh, Yudai Satoh, Yuki Oike, and the like. In fact, you may even say that some of the jazzy and lounge style songs are about as memorable as a lot of Daiki Kasho's rock songs. I'm sure there will be some menu songs we're going to enjoy a good bit in GT7.

This final point I want to make is only for the GT veterans (like myself). Being the purist and the old school type, I probably wouldn't mind a return to individual themes for certain manufacturers and certain categories. Here are some examples. Remember in GT1 when you went to Nissan to hear the high-energy song in its showroom? Or maybe you recall the smooth song going to Honda/Acura? Maybe you remember going to places like East City and North City to hear their themes in Gran Turismo 2? That probably won't be possible unless some format allowing for looping music is offered in providing custom menu music for GT7.

That "Pyjama" from Tosca sounds great. Almost kind of like Ibiza Chill Sessions material. I actually wouldn't mind something like that as musical inspiration to be honest for menu music.

Simply put, what I'd like is user music to be here like in GT5/GT6. I really like using my downtempo'd/downpitched version of Gran Turismo's 3 car dealership from the Japanese Version which has jazz compared to the US version which doesn't. (From what I recall.)

Edit: More specific info added

Last edited:
Something relaxing like this would be great for licence.

Lemme guess...Ridge racer and Tekken composer right? 👍

This is another great track by him. Perfect for GT.

I had thought that the VISION GT it would take a futuristic music 👍

yep! Hiroshi Okubo is also the composer of music for Ridge Racer and Tekken.

After You buyed a GT VISION Theme: XD

I had thought that the VISION GT it would take a futuristic music 👍

yep! Hiroshi Okubo is also the composer of music for Ridge Racer and Tekken.

After You buyed a GT VISION Theme: XD

Oh 🤬, I remember it!. This would be BADASS for a "go race" menu bgm!! 💡💡

Back