Mercedes-AMG One: An F1-Engined Hypercar

According to Maro, it has more in it.
One Owner
The time is blatant when you consider that the Black Series has held the lap record as a production car on the Nordschleife for 2 years. Maro had also driven this at the time. Spoke to Maro in Barcelona about the ONE time. He said that it was wet in some places and he could have even pushed the time under 6:30. This car is really awesome and I had a lot of fun driving it in Barcelona too.

Last edited:
You can clearly see that there's a dry line forming on the track. He lifted through that whole section because of the water.

1668130113256.png

There's probably like 7 seconds still in there, but I'm curious to see if they decide to run again considering they have no competition. It would be easier for them in the future to leave time on the table

I don't know if being six seconds faster than the GT2 RS MR is impressive for the AMG or for the Porsche. Leaning towards the Porsche which is a volume production based, rear-engined, 2WD, metal unibody car with very limited underbody aero. Though the conditions didn't seem great for the AMG. Anybody know what an FIA GT3 car will do around the Nordschleife?
~10 seconds slower during the quali for the N24h for the Nordschleife without GP so around 6.40-6.45 min. (first wrote faster but I made a mistake).
Heres the pole lap from Vanthoor in 2018 in the 911. He enters the Nordschleife at 1:54 and returns to entry of the last corner into T13 straight at 8:24 which would be a 6:30 but he is missing the slower entry to T13 and the T13 straight so I would add ~10 seconds and it would be a laptime of roughly 6:40-6:45:

Last edited:
I would be very interested how fast it would be on the 2nd lap after a 6:35. Pretty sure on 2 flying laps in a row maybe even the standard 992 GT3 RS with it's "low" 525 hp would be faster than the Merc while it is around 14 seconds slower on a single flying lap. But as soon as the batteries are empty quick times are gone in the One. They already had this "problem" of battery deployment and how to use it with the 918 Spyder some years ago and had to admit it wasn't possible doing 2 quick laps in a row due to missing battery power on lap 2 and even hadn't have enough battery left for the full Döttinger Höhe straight on Lap 1.

Last edited:
I would be very interested how fast it would be on the 2nd lap after a 6:35. Pretty sure on 2 flying laps in a row maybe even the standard 992 GT3 RS with it's "low" 525 hp would be faster than the Merc while it is around 14 seconds slower on a single flying lap. But as soon as the batteries are empty quick times are gone in the One. They already had this "problem" of battery deployment and how to use it with the 918 Spyder some years ago and had to admit it wasn't possible doing 2 quick laps in a row due to missing battery power on lap 2 and even hadn't have enough battery left for the full Döttinger Höhe straight on Lap 1.
I'm going to assume Merc. has figured it out.

Cort Wagner attended the Barcelona invitation where 4 Ones were running & didn't make any comment on the batteries whilst also sharing the cars were being flogged for 5 days without issue.
Blown away by The One and their reliability all week with customers beating on them for hours and hours every day with ZERO mechanical issues
Super impressive how fast and how reliable these things were all week. Tires and fuel only for 5 days of a thorough track flogging. All four cars ran like clockwork.

I'd love to know how fast an SF90 Stradale can go round, as that's the car most testers said is closest to in performance. Still a mighty impressive laptime considering the damp conditions (and I assume it's using tyres that are not very good unless it's bone dry).

Comparisons with a GT3 car is moot. The slicks alone probably worth at least 10 secs laptime. Also I agree with someone saying the batteries won't last another lap. Surely they put it in quali mode and dumped everything on the Dottinger. If you're driving in other less aggressive modes then sure you can do laps all day long, but it won't give the ultimate 1 lap pace. That's the whole point of using the F1 engine and the myriad of deployment modes it provides.

Based on this I predict the base Valkyrie will do somewhere in 6:10-6:20s.

Interestingly Chris mentioned the reason why the gear changes are so slow is so they can "waste" the excess electricity produced by torque filling. Can't say I understand why, when they can just use the extra electricity to give extra oomph down the straights and keep the fast gear changes like in the actual F1 car. Then again I don't have the brains of these engineers.

Apparently the car is still in the development stages. There's just a lot of electronics going on.

Back