Mercedes Teases its New 800hp, Four-Door AMG GT Coupe Ahead of the Geneva Motor Show

Not sure if it's a good thing or not. I prefer 300-400 - max 500bhp - for cars like this. That's sporty enough for me. 👍

Exactly.

We all know that turbocharged engines can produce insane amounts of power. There isn't any sport in that anymore.

Want to surprise me? Build a car that cuts fuel consumption by a lot.

This makes me wanna drive to the other end of town to smack the stache of Zetsches face. The planet is dying because of our excessive way of living and they keep introducing those vulgar hp monsters that nobody needs. Nobody.

Anyone else miss the days of the gentleman's agreement?

The never-ending horsepower war is soooo boring.

As others have said, a car like this with <500hp AND 50mpg would be way more interesting.

A mentalist 800hp hybrid V8 sedan is all kinds of want. Hope it comes with a Drift Mode if they fit it with AWD.

This makes me wanna drive to the other end of town to smack the stache of Zetsches face. The planet is dying because of our excessive way of living and they keep introducing those vulgar hp monsters that nobody needs. Nobody.
Anyone else miss the days of the gentleman's agreement?

The never-ending horsepower war is soooo boring.

As others have said, a car like this with <500hp AND 50mpg would be way more interesting.
To be fair, 200hp of that comes from electricity and it'll do 30 miles without burning any liquid dinosaurs.

It just happens to have a 4-litre, biturbo, AMG V8 as well.

And why does it have to have that? If it has 200 electric hp, why not combine that with a 400 hp V6 that consumes less fuel and still with both together have twice as much power as any such car ever needs?

And why does it have to have that?
It doesn't have to, but that's the engine in the AMG GT. This is the four-door version of the AMG GT, so it makes sense that it has the same engine.

Latest Posts

Back