Merry Christmas version of GTP logo should say Happy Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

They’ve been reusing the same image for years. No one has had any issue with it before, so there was no need for it to be changed.

There’s no motivation behind it other than saving time and effort. I fail to see how that’s discriminatory.

He's only been a member for a little over a month.
I remember his PSN ID, he's been here for a couple of years at least, obviously not in this account.

@ScorpionTopaz Though I think it'd be better if we stick with the Happy Holidays just like last year, there's no need to use the discrimination card as your first resource, because you didn't give an explanation as to why you want the title to change, naturally the answer will be no.

Wow so religious discrimination is okay on GTPlanet? What about us Jews that celebrate Chanukah at this time of year? We don't exist to you?
I really hope you're joking, because it's hard for me to dignify that with a response.

I'm a Christian and I celebrate Christmas. I'm wishing you and everyone else who visits my website a merry Christmas; I don't care whether you celebrate it or not. You're Jewish, and if I were on your website, I would expect it to say "Happy Chanukah". That's religious celebration, not discrimination.

It doesn't bug me that much I just wanted to stand up for the principle of the matter. If it's too big a deal to change then no worries

no worries
No worries is the best way to look at it. 👍

I'm not a Christian either and that little merry Christmas message at the top of each page does absolutely nothing to affect my enjoyment of the site.

The assumption that I'm on holiday would come a lot closer to irking me than the current message does. Still though, I wouldn't let it get to me.

There are a lot more problems in the world to worry about than complaining against the wording of a greeting message. Such as...

@Jordan
I wish to complain that the sites Christmas festive lights are the wrong colours. There should be more purple ones to prevent discrimination against @Famine. He's a shy retiring type and didn't want to complain about it himself above.

And why aren't there any images of Santa anywhere? I didn't know GT planet was so Santa-ist!
(I was going to put anti-santa but I think that might be one of his relations.)

:mischievous: :D

Lighten up and here's hoping you have a
Happy (insert wording of your own choice here) everyone. :cheers:

Way to miss my point entirely but like I said, it doesn't matter that much to me personally to pursue this further. Everything now-a-days says "happy holidays". That's just how it is. I'm not saying that the lack of that is in itself making a broader statement. Not at all. I should have put some details in my OP but I really didn't think it would blow up the way it did. For that I apologize.

Happy New Year! (We all use the Gregorian calendar right? ;))

Last edited:
Wow so religious discrimination is okay on GTPlanet? What about us Jews that celebrate Chanukah at this time of year? We don't exist to you?

Most of us don't care. People wish me a Merry Xmas all the time, I just respond with a Happy Hanukkah.

Kick back, eat some latkes, spin a dreidel, hope Hanukkah Harry brings you something cool, and chill man.

I am chill... please read my other posts after that. That post was a bit draconian in the moment.

Just saying, as a not an American, the phrase "Happy Holidays" is never used here, and people get laughed at for saying that phrase. 25th of December is Christmas Day. It may be named after Jesus Christ, off of Christianismanity, but it has morphed into a day of celebration for everyone regardless of religion. If you're getting offended by someone saying "Merry Christmas", which is code for "Have a good day on the 25th of December", then you are just as bad as those people who say "OMG did you just assume my gender". It is a general phrase of wellwishing which most people, regardless of religion or no religion, are happy to accept as a nice exchange of words between people.

It ain't holidays, it's Christmas. So enjoy it.

Last edited:
Thank you for the interesting perspective from across the pond! I really didn't know it was taken differently there. I also thought "Happy Holidays" was a way to combine Christmas and New Year's and then Chanukah was lumped in with those two when people started getting PC about everything. Personally I'm not offended so please don't take me as one of those types.

Enjoy your holidays and happy days all the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back