Merry Christmas version of GTP logo should say Happy Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishpole No. 123456... sorry I lost count.

note to self. Send Happy Holidays cards to DP9 every Sunday. Oh no wait.

@ScorpionTopaz what are your days off?

We do not discriminate. #Feliz Navidad DP9! You should ask Jose Feliciano to change his world famous song.

@Jordan your response almost made me send coffee all over the table ROTL. :lol::D

Last edited:
What happened to the small santa claus caps/hats that you usually put on the smileys in December? Those always get me in a good christmas mood. :)

Looking at the posts above I should perhaps point out that this isn't by any means a complaint. :lol:

What happened to the small santa claus caps/hats that you usually put on the smileys in December? Those always get me in a good christmas mood. :)

Looking at the posts above I should perhaps point out that this isn't by any means a complaint. :lol:
@Jordon said they're coming as soon as he can get round to it.
smile.gif

It's that time of year again for the special snowflakes.... (facepalm)
Yellow snow?

Sorry, do not and will not ever understand how the term 'snowflake' started being used to describe a particular person. Which, IMO, is an insult and shouldn't be allowed by the AUP.

Way to miss my point entirely but like I said, it doesn't matter that much to me personally to pursue this further. Everything now-a-days says "happy holidays". That's just how it is. I'm not saying that the lack of that is in itself making a broader statement. Not at all. I should have put some details in my OP but I really didn't think it would blow up the way it did. For that I apologize.

Happy New Year! (We all use the Gregorian calendar right? ;))
Except its not.

Please don't indulge the 'war on Christmas' nonsense, its not real and this is coming from an atheist!

Except its not.

Please don't indulge the 'war on Christmas' nonsense, its not real and this is coming from an atheist!

Ah the Great Christmas War. I remember sitting in decked halls on Holly Hill last Christmas. My heart had been given away and all I wanted for Christmas that year was you. The weather outside was frightful, but we had a fire going and it was delightful. The night was silent and not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Then what should out wonder eyes should appear? The flashing red noses of attack reindeer. Mistletoe tow missiles were coming in from all directions. Balls of Holly were being flung in every direction. My comrade was struck with a candy cane and as he faded fast he screamed out he saw vision of his mommy kissing Santa Clause.

The battle raged for hours, finally the night went silent again. All was calm, all was bright. I found to be the last one of my unit. I started the long march back to base. As I walked through the winter wonderland though all I could think of was that I only wanted a hippopotamus for Christmas that year.

TB
Grandma was murdered by reindeer, too.

I can't help but feel like she would still be with us had we just been a little less lazy and given her a ride instead of making her walk.

I really need to stop kicking myself over that though.

Reactions: TB
If anyone is an avid Late Night Talk Show watcher, do you remember the bit Jimmy Fallon does around this time of year with the Grandma thing? It gets brought up, he treats the lyrics of the song as more of a witness's statement to a murder than a cheerful holiday song and it's hysterical. I've been trying to find a video but it's before he got the big Tonight Show gig so it's harder to track down those bits.

So when does the new year happen in Englandshire?

Before the twelfth night which is seemingly followed quite quickly by Back To School and then pumpkins.

EDIT: A serious question... as wassail is quite like hogmanay (but later and for Christmas) do they do it in Scotland?

On that note . . . let me assail you vassals with:

HAPPY 2018, my beloved GTPlanet!

Yes, that means all of you. Even TenEightyOne. :cheers:
And happy 4,567,265,954 to all those who don't believe in the Julian/Gregorian calender system. :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back