Messing around in a stock S13 in the early stages

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 26 comments
United States
United States
nk4e
Yeah, I got very bored and these settings do work and it was early in the game when everyone was drifting asking for settings. Well here is my video, this car needs alot of body roll
stock s13

That is a good vid, it takes skill to drift with a stock K's but a Q's may have a more linear powerband to do it. Also, at Englishtown Drift Sessions I seen one drift like that, lol, except it had a KA24DE.

that is too much HP for a stock car, but still good none-the-less. but the angle for a stock car is not bad. maybe u can get better angle with some suspension

I can see you trying to really use the feinting in this vid. Man, your S13 understeers a lot more then what I would guess. Good stuff though, I understand it's not your best effort, just having fun. :)

Swift
:lol: That's why I pay to drift in GT mode.... :sly:

Hehe:lol:

It looked really hard because of the understeer:ill: But I like Swift, your just having fun (I think I couldn't bare it with such an understeering car:ill: )

Clin_10
That is a good vid, it takes skill to drift with a stock K's but a Q's may have a more linear powerband to do it. Also, at Englishtown Drift Sessions I seen one drift like that, lol, except it had a KA24DE.

No way, Q's is much harder. It has a narrow-peaky power band, it has a greater rearward weight balance, it's too heavy and it has a tendancy to grip.

Swift
Man, your S13 understeers a lot more then what I would guess.

S13's are notorious for understeering :crazy: i guess that's a plus for GT4's simulation on car characteristics 👍 Tsuchiya recommended pulling the e-brake whenever the S13 undered during drift. I'd prefer not to though, well at least not in the game..

all that rolling reminds me of when takumi took itsuki's 85 out on akina on initial d ;) actually a pretty good demo for drifting a stock car. thx for makin this 👍

It's abit exaggerated. But some slight modifications I did on the suspension and it was all smooth sailing ahead. Bye guys off to Final Exams. :) Wish me luck!

well the arcade is much easyer,cause you dont what to wast your time on putting the setting in GTmode,just change the setting speed and weight and tiers and there you go.o nice s13 video nk4e 👍

antisport
GT4 has to much understeer!

Actually, not so much. Weight shifting has simply become more complex and realistic.

When I say it has too much I am more or less trying to finger the NON breaking understear, going 50-80mph and entering a easy corner would not have understeer if you were to apply breaks thats different then weight is being moved from back to front. But if your throwing a car into a corner it shouldnt just slide off like GT4 does.

antisport
When I say it has too much I am more or less trying to finger the NON breaking understear, going 50-80mph and entering a easy corner would not have understeer if you were to apply breaks thats different then weight is being moved from back to front. But if your throwing a car into a corner it shouldnt just slide off like GT4 does.

What are you using for the controller? DS2 right? Well, if you're just mashing the square button to brake, then you're locking up the brakes and you're going to understeer. If you have developed the skill of modulating the button, then it's possible.

I'm not saying GT4 doesn't tend to understeer(because it does!!!) but there are things you can do to help lessen it.

Yeh I am using a DS2... Yeh I understand the idea of the pressure on ([]) button... Then again if I wanted easy drifting I would have bought some corny drift game for the PS2...

the N1 tires dont help either. I am just picky

Swift
Well, if you're just mashing the square button to brake, then you're locking up the brakes and you're going to understeer. If you have developed the skill of modulating the button, then it's possible.

I'm not saying GT4 doesn't tend to understeer(because it does!!!) but there are things you can do to help lessen it.

I love it when you guys point out things that are so true that I only know by instinct. It's true that that's a unique physical charteristic in GT4, had to comment in agreement. I always have to modulate the throttle when drifting with DS2, never realized I was doing the same with the brakes.

Back