Michael Jackson's This Is It Trailer

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTjazzabrandy
  • 2 comments
  • 1,260 views
I just saw this movie yesterday with my girlfriend. I've never been a huge MJ fan - I grew up in the wrong decade - but I generally like a lot of his hits, so this was a really entertaining movie to see. It's also a much nicer note to end his legacy on than the scandals we've heard about for the last 15 years... maybe not an entirely complete depiction of who he was, but certainly a testament to who he was as a musician and performer.

I'm 22, and growing up in the '90s MJ always seemed spacey and a bit out of touch. This movie provided a glimpse of a side I never really had the opportunity to see - MJ on stage, performing, singing, putting together a concert, basically being a musician, rather than a scandal ridden tabloid cover. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing and was in total control, which is basically just the opposite of what my impression has always been. Not to say that he in general wasn't still an out of touch space cadet, but at least in this environment he was still the professional, immensely talented musician that really knew his songs well and was still an extremely polished, if a bit less wild, performer.
 
Back