Michael Schumacher badly hurt in ski accident

• Thread starter ZoidFile
  • 727 comments
It has only just happened.
Because he's a pussy who can't take responsibility.

That's why.
It's not proof of guilt. His reasons for committing suicide could be completely unrelated to his arrest. Even if the Swiss police find evidence unequivocally probing he stole Schumacher's medical records, it will not prove that he killed himself because he could not face punishment for the crime

I don't think there's another reason to commit suicide after being arrested on suspect of something, he maybe knew he did it and, like Carbonox said, he was not able to face the consequences, and did it.

What's the penalty for theft/distribution of medical files anyway? I doubt it's that much really. Maybe a year or two in jail. Hardly a life sentence offense.

What's the penalty for theft/distribution of medical files anyway? I doubt it's that much really. Maybe a year or two in jail. Hardly a life sentence offense.
The thief wasn't formally charged. He was supposed to go before a judge either today or tomorrow to be formally charged when he was found hanged, according to several news sources. I think that it would have been serious charges, however, just to make an example of him for crossing a celebrity. Maybe 15-20 years depending on how they would have charged him?

I don't think there's another reason to commit suicide after being arrested on suspect of something, he maybe knew he did it and, like Carbonox said, he was not able to face the consequences, and did it.
You have no way of knowing that for certain. You cannot claim to know the thoughts of a man you have never met.

That's why I wrote "maybe" because I was making a guess. :crazy:

You kind of nullified that "maybe" by saying...

I don't think there's another reason to commit suicide after being arrested on suspect of something

If you don't think there's another reason then that's cool, it's your brain, I happen to think you're wrong :)

The legal penalty may be low...

...which I concur with. The penalty to one's life though... Schumacher is an uber-uber-celebrity in that part of the world. If whoever did this is discovered they can never live there again.

Imagine being innocent but suddenly seeing that you're about to take the rap for selling Schumi's private medical information? That's a more compelling reason for suicide than being guilty, I'd say. But equally I could be wrong :D

Well, this certainly took a strange turn. So it turns out to have been an inside job. I still question why and now with this suicide, I have to ask what worth is a celebrity's medical records? I thought embarrassing photos or anything incriminating was what the tabs would find most valuable.

I'm not getting any hopes up until we know for sure that he's not in a coma or vegetative state.

He's been out of a coma since June.

Out of a medically induced coma. Forgive me for not being technical with correct medical terminology, but he's not exactly been able to publicly announce anything himself, has he?

Until then, or anything official to the contrary, we can remain nothing but bystanders.

To me, relatively normal life would mean that they expect that he will be able to look after himself with minimal help (ie family, not professional carers). Certainly not bedridden. That should come into any scale of normal.
Here's hoping....

Jean Todt can say whatever he wants but I have to see with my own eyes (interview with Schumacher or an official medical statement) that Schumacher's life will be relatively normal in the future.

Apparently, it's been misconstrued just a tad... he apparently said something along the lines of "It's important we can let him try and live a normal life". Doesn't really sound too great.

Schumacher's son says the helmet mounted GoPro caused his brain injury... I sense a lawsuit...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-waking-slowly-coma-reveals-teenage-son.html

He doesn't; he says the helmet had a mounting for a GoPro and that's what caused the injury. I'd be careful about reading that as saying that there either was/wasn't a GoPro attached at the time (it was always said that there was no camera there) because his statement could be taken either way.

What is certain though is that he's saying the mounting itself caused the injury.

He doesn't; he says the helmet had a mounting for a GoPro and that's what caused the injury. I'd be careful about reading that as saying that there either was/wasn't a GoPro attached at the time (it was always said that there was no camera there) because his statement could be taken either way.

What is certain though is that he's saying the mounting itself caused the injury.

Well the mounting kind of insinuates it being part of the camera or rather the total package because it sound like it was a GoPro mount and not a helmet with a mount because that would have been safety tested and he wouldn't explicitly mention GoPro. Regardless the mounting is going to be the most dangerous element and nothing solid should be mounted on the outside of a helmet.

It makes sense if the force of the blow through the camera mount caused the helmet to crack and injure him.

Yeah totally makes sense, many helmets carry disclaimers that attaching anything to them, even stickers, could effect the structural performance during impact, pretty sure they don't condone a GoPro with strong metal screw mounts being attached which will go through the Styrofoam core when hit.

Yeah totally makes sense, many helmets carry disclaimers that attaching anything to them, even stickers, could effect the structural performance during impact, pretty sure they don't condone a GoPro with strong metal screw mounts being attached which will go through the Styrofoam core when hit.

That's why if there's a lawsuit I expect that it would either fail (if the helmet was Schumacher's own that he'd modified) or that it would be against the helmet supplier (presuming it was rented holiday gear).

It's definitely horrific to imagine the injuries that could be caused with a camera mounting fastened directly to the helmet :\

According an article I just read, from the same online newspaper that made the mistake of calling an older Nissan model a new car, Philippe Streiff said that Schumacher is not doing very well, which is an understatement.

Philippe Streiff said that Schumacher is completely paralysed, has amnesia, can't talk and communicates with his family, only with the use of his eyes.

French interview with Philippe Streiff.

Last edited:
Well, that's way apart from "living a relatively normal life"... Very sad if the situation is in fact that, and doesn't improve.

According an article I just read, from the same online newspaper that made the mistake of calling an older Nissan model a new car, Philippe Streiff said that Schumacher is not doing very well, which is an understatement.

Philippe Streiff said that Schumacher is completely paralysed, has amnesia, can't talk and communicates with his family, only with the use of his eyes.

French interview with Filippe Streiff.

Why is it they are talking about Bianchi, almost nothing I saw on the link had Schumi anywhere on the page.

Back