Microtransactions Have Arrived in Gran Turismo Sport

It isn't only a paid content for GTsport folks.. They've used 3d models of cars from GT2 till GT5 with the standard cars.. people were mad about the standard cars.. Now they release a system that probably will gain enough money to make the best detailed cars for the common years.. GTsport now, GT7 later and maybe in the future (10 years ish) also models for GTsport 2...

From my point of view I won't buy cars I need, I'll buy cars I like, so that will also mean cars that I already own, just for the numbers they know which kind of cars I like.. We've pumped up the wishlist for several years now.. How many wishes were came true in those years ? To buy a car once in a while that ticks your boxes, the better information PD would get what you want. I think, in theory, if we all buy cars made in England, we would see a TVR Tamora coming up sooner than an AMX Pacer for example. If we all buy FWD cars, the faster we get a Mitsubishi FTO GT !

It isn't only a paid content for GTsport folks.. They've used 3d models of cars from GT2 till GT5 with the standard cars.. people were mad about the standard cars.. Now they release a system that probably will gain enough money to make the best detailed cars for the common years.. GTsport now, GT7 later and maybe in the future (10 years ish) also models for GTsport 2...
Man, if only Sony hadn't given away every one of those 80 million lifetime units of this series.

sad news, but well...maybe they need some money for GT7, a good for the people cant like play hours and hours
For me this is useless

This hits casuals. Going by the screen caps, a $1 mil. credit car costs 21 HKD which is under $3 usd.

But then why would you do this? Do 3 races at Blue Moon Bay.

This affects NO ONE here and its a doubled edged sword...

1. we dont need it.

2. some of us want microtransactions on the $20 mil. credit cars.

It's the current car list. Are you not installing the updates?
Install, but you missing a context, when i mentioned gt5 prologue, i told about game release and its price (gt 5 prologue was $40 vs gt sport $60) and lack of content, and if you compare gt5 prologue on its release to vanilla gt sport you will be surprised. Now situation are better for the cars, but i don't see a big difference in your picture in "real location" section. Still lack of content.

IMO this is the right way to do it. There is no element of RNG involved, you get what you pay for.
And..
the most expensive cars still remain locked behind the Grind Wall ("to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment" ) or the Wheel of fortune (haha... I love this part of the game).

I support microtransactions to any developer that uses that money to improve on content and game experience. I hope PD gets enough support that warrants this cause.

so as long as it doesn't require pay to win modelling that other developers employ (cough Activision, EA and friends) then, I'm thrilled at this is finally effective for PD.

Bring on more tracks , events , improvements and immersion PD, I may finally decide to try my first online session with GTS once I unlock racing etiquette.

I was contemplating selling my PS4pro & T500RS as its collecting dust , I may revisit the options with this next update.

I feel PD & Sony released this model on lesser expensive cars (i.e 1 , 2 M) because trust me, if they went ahead with only 20M+ cars on microtransaction, the epic & whining thread would have doubled in page count today alone.

Install, but you missing a context, when i mentioned gt5 prologue, i told about game release and its price (gt 5 prologue was $40 vs gt sport $60) and lack of content, and if you compare gt5 prologue on its release to vanilla gt sport you will be surprised. Now situation are better for the cars, but i don't see a big difference in your picture in "real location" section. Still lack of content.

GT5 Prologue had 37 cars on release while GT Sport had 162 cars on release.

As for the tracks, there are three times more real track locations and layouts in GT Sport than in GT5 Prologue (roughly the same ratio as for the cars).

Last edited:
There's a big difference between spending a few bucks for cars then whatever the hell Turn10 were doing in FM7... I'm still unclear how the stuff works in FM7 but I actively avoided them.

Storm in a Copen. People want the 20mil cars, but if PD sold them it would confirm for many that the game was always ready for micro transactions. Someone will always be unhappy, but I will turn it off in the menu and carry on like it's not there.

Guess we aren't reading the same comments in that thread. It seems like several people are rather critical of it.

What comment in that thread that you would label as "outrage"? I see some skepticism, but most people seemed to be perfectly fine with it.

However, since this site actually has rules it's pretty tame compared to Facebook and Twitter.

So why are you blaming the GTPlanet community for the toxic comments on Facebook and Twitter?

What comment in that thread that you would label as "outrage"? I see some skepticism, but most people seemed to be perfectly fine with it.

So why are you blaming the GTPlanet community for the toxic comments on Facebook and Twitter?
Yeah to be honest the comments here are far, far less toxic than those on more general news publications (IGN, Eurogamer, etc)

The climate regarding MicroTransactions is hot as hell, take a look at GTA5 "$6 billion in revenue" and Red Dead Redemption 2 clearly going the same way from the get go. And what about Fortnite, $2billion this year.

The thing that is dying, thanks to EU among others, is ingame gambling. Where you spend real money and get random items with no guarantee of getting something you want or need.

It's also hot garbage, because of the in-game gambling and lootboxes that you mentioned. Any form of monetization within a video game, whether direct purchase or lootboxes (might as well throw in season passes), is a microtransaction. The reason why GTA Online MTs sell is because of the simple fact that it's GTA. Rockstar can get away with it because GTA is a super popular franchise. As for Fortnite, it's a free-to-play game. Microtransactions are to be expected in F2P games because that's how developers make money.

Including MTs in a full-price game is a very sensitive issue, because the current climate tells us that these kinds of games were made intentionally to railroad you into these MTs. Just look at how much flak NFS: Payback, Forza 7, and Middle Earth: Shadow of War got last year. Yes, Shadow of War's MTs were removed just recently, but that doesn't change the fact that WB had already ran away with the "uninformed" consumers' money while the MTs were still up.

GT5 Prologue had 37 cars on release while GT Sport had 162 cars on release.

As for the track, there are three times more real track locations and layouts in GT Sport than in GT5 Prologue (roughly the same ratio as the number of cars).
http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/03/07/gran-turismo-5-prologue-features-announced
76 cars and no fantasy gr.b/gr.3/gr.4/road cars
And 3 real tracks vs 7 (13 including different types) in gt sport. Not bad for $40 demo, but bad for $60 game.

Last edited:
I think its hard to compare buying cars for a few bucks to the big dogs like Rockstar and Fortnite PUBG whatever.

These guys can get away with whatever as their audience accepts this kind of thing.

PD is not these companies nor are they among the worst like EA and WB.

$3 for a 1,000,000 Cr car? I'm okay with that. I won't use it on all of them, probably for the VGTs mostly.

Its kind of important that people understand what you are saying. Further that you get snarky on someone else due to your mistake says a lot about you.

Back