Microtransactions - what would you be OK paying for?

United Kingdom
London
N. vonMarshall
When GT7 first came out, the idea of paying real cash to buy fake credits to buy a bunch of pixels representing a car that I could not experience unless I spent hour after hour doing a small handful of grind races, seemed appalling to me.

And it still does.

But recently I have found myself coming to terms with the idea that there is stuff I would possibly pay for.

Engine swaps and other items such as titanium rods or carbon shafts that only come up in the Daily Ticket of Despair are things I genuinely think we should be able to buy using in game credits, but if they made them purchaseable as MTs then I would probably buy the ones I really want (through gritted teeth).

And if they did things like “Racing Conversion” packages where the Stage 5 weight reduction was combined with an actual interior strip out, racing headlights etc, then they would sucker me in.

I am lucky that my OCD in the game does not manifest itself in a desire to own all the cars so am not fussed that I will never earn 450m to buy them, but my OCD in creating race cars from road cars (I am currently working on a fleet of 934 conversions from the 930 turbo) would trigger me to buy exclusive content.

What is everyone else doing re MTs. Do you bother? As a company, is PD making any cash out of them? My son plays FIFA and is constantly asking for MTs to buy “exclusive” packs, which annoys me but at least makes sense and I imagine makes EASport a load of money.

5 euros for 20mil cars
3 euros for 10-15 mil cars
2 euros for 3-10 mil cars
1 euro for the rest
(PD has not shown that they are willing to have cheap prices, so from me it is no)

Last edited:
If any purchase would make me better - Im leaving that game, no p2w games for me.
If any purchase makes a cosmetic change or saves time - Im not going to spend that money, but continue on playing.
If any purchase adds content of any degree - it depends on the game and type of content.
A single car? If I like it then yes. A new track? Should always be free. A new story (not related to GT, but generally speaking)? Depends on how far I am into the game, in case of already finished, I wont touch it again no matter the added story.

In GTS I bought a handful of cars, primarily because I didn't have it available for an online race at the time of entry and wasn't all that interested in grinding for it.

For example I bought the Porsche 919, for £1.49.

The same car to purchase in GT7 would be nearly £25.

That's a problem, an appalling jump in price, and an immediate no regardless of the circumstance as I just can't justify that the same way.

I don't know how much they're making off microtransactions this time around but it seems the prices are completely inappropriate.

In GTS I bought a handful of cars, primarily because I didn't have it available for an online race at the time of entry and wasn't all that interested in grinding for it.

For example I bought the Porsche 919, for £1.49.

The same car to purchase in GT7 would be nearly £25.

That's a problem, an appalling jump in price, and an immediate no regardless of the circumstance as I just can't justify that the same way.

I don't know how much they're making off microtransactions this time around but it seems the prices are completely inappropriate.
£25 for 1 car!11 I had no idea. Disgusting

£25 for 1 car!11 I had no idea. Disgusting
Yep I just had another look to confirm. Porsche 919 is 3 million credits.

To 'top up' to 3 million you'd need to buy 2 million voucher - £15.99 - 750K voucher - £7.99 - 250K voucher - £3.99

So actually turns out to be more than 25 at £27.97.

Ludicrous.

Nothing, at all... ever. It's a matter of principal. I can, have, and will continue, to do without whatever car PD want to hide behind some ridiculous price. I bought the game; that's all they're getting out of me.

Wasn't buying a 20 mil car (which there are numerous of) $180 worth of Mtx each? Like, what? All they're doing is ostracizing people from the game, IMO. You reap what you sow.

I wouldn't. I'd happily pay for DLC that adds more meaningful content to the game if they create something like the Lewis Hamilton time trials again, but I straight up refuse to pay to fast track getting cars or the like.

I already bought the 25th anniversary edition of the game to show a little bit of extra support for the franchise due to the amount of entertainment I got out of GT Sport, so surely that's good will enough. If they abuse that good will and go full predatory mode with microtransactions however, I'm likely not sticking around.

The funniest thing about the MTX options in this game is how little they pay for their price in real life, the most expensive option is like $20 and pays you only $2M in the game...That's downright moronic.

$20 should be paying you exactly $20M in the game at the very least because then you could atleast -partially- justify the ridiculous car prices in the game.

Either way, NO I'd absolutely HATE to see those parts being locked behind paywalls, as if this game isn't exploitative enough already...

Last edited:
Unfortunately, GT7 totally ****ed up with the MT prices.
The prices are 1000% too high. But even worse is that the whole game is designed to be bought by customers. As a family man with various hobbies, sports, job and family, time is short. I find it horrible that I have to spend hours driving the same route just to earn some money to drive the cool old cars.

The bad thing is that if the prices were acceptable (1$ for 10'000'000cr.) I would be weak. But so I leave it and continue to grind in the hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel...

I hate Polyphony for that and I hate them for making the rest of the game too much fun.

I got well over 50% of the cars available within a couple of months without doing anything special other than the basic solo cafe races, the licences and the missions, plus circuit experiences. No credit grinding races for the sake of it, and certainly not paying for credits.

No - I would never pay a penny for a an upgrade or a car. I paid enough for the game already without being fleeced to buy new cars.

Something akin to the Lewis Hamilton DLC for GT Sport, in that it's a relatively unique experience, but doesn't really offer anything notable that you can't get otherwise. Definitely not tracks/cars, though I'd make maybe one exception for a car that ties into the theme of the DLC and is so unique that it certainly wouldn't fit into any of the existing groups, much like the AMG VGT LH44 Edition.

I'm not even really sure of how it'd fit into the menus. Would it be some sort of bonus set of missions? I'd rather see new missions be largely dedicated to relatively unique events in their own right, like if/when Pikes Peak appears, or if the Goodwood Hillclimb course returns. Not to mention those endurance missions we're supposed to be getting at some point...

Last edited:
PD had a better model back then . Pay per car not for credits. I'm sure most people would think it's fair to pay 10$ for a 20 mill car.
Personally I would sell DLC and lock the SP stuff behind a pay wall. You can race a track with your friends that you don't own or participate in PD online events . But you want that track in SP you have to pay for it .

Back