Microtransactions - what would you be OK paying for?

Nothing.

I'm ok with paid DLCs for significant content, but not buy credits and such.

To be honest, since they put the big payout races with 1.11 I believe you can buy every car you need to be competitive in every race in the game with minimal grind.

Just some extra menus will force you to an extra mile (the Bugatti and Porsche ones) or the obsession for collecting every car in the game.

For me the VR side of the game is worth way more than the game itself if that makes sense. I would have paid over £70 just to get VR activated on GT7. Sony might think its worth that too. But the area is so important for the brand that giving it for free was the right marketing choice.
I think the only other GT7 transaction I would purchase would be a complete download file for GT8.

Last edited:
£25 for 1 car!11 I had no idea. Disgusting
The 20M credit cars work out to about $300 US I believe, or like 21 hours of grinding, for one car.

Square root of ZERO. This game came out at £70 with the shortest and most insulting "career" mode of all time.

GT4 a game from 18 years ago has at least TWENTY TIMES the content. Screw PD, they can shove their micro transactions. I hope this is the last GT ever, it certainly is for me.
And it likely takes 20 times longer/more man hours to make that same content now too, but people don’t seem to think about that part. In GT4 it took one guy like a week to put a car in the game, I think last I saw it was now like 6000 man hours just to add one car. Not saying it’s an excuse for a half finished game, but it’s definitely part of the reason why we get games with less in them now.

Last edited:
The 20M credit cars work out to about $300 US I believe, or like 21 hours of grinding, for one car.

And it likely takes 20 times longer/more man hours to make that same content now too, but people don’t seem to think about that part. In GT4 it took one guy like a week to put a car in the game, I think last I saw it was now like 6000 man hours just to add one car. Not saying it’s an excuse for a half finished game, but it’s definitely part of the reason why we get games with less in them now.
I don't think that's the type of content being referred to. Races and events should not take long to add, so why do we have ao few? Why are they badly done? Why do they lack variety?

The answer is poor game design, not lack of time.

Last edited:
Steve Jobs Apple GIF by GrowthX

In US dollars and ready to be implemented in game now:

$20 = 20M (not the 2M bs it is now)

A $1 per 🌟 for extra tickets 🎟 (up to $7 for engine or parts tickets)

I remember the days of having to pay $25 and up per car or track pack per person (til we got a family plan added). It hurt! I am not even sure we can still get that DLC. That brings me to something else I would gladly mortgage a house for, re-released versions of GT5, GT6 and Sport with all the DLC in game already and everything unlocked. As well as GT7 when the time comes.
I would fork out over $100 but short of $250 for each game for that content on a hard disk or USB drive.

I don't think that's the type of content being referred to. Races and events should not take long to add, so why do we have ao few? Why are they badly done? Why do they lack variety?

Could not agree more. There should be 30min or 60min races, mixed up 600pp through to Gr1 and some classics that all pay out 500k+. The cars are there, the tracks are there, I really don't see why we are limited to Tokyo or Sardegna or Spa for these.

My two guess’s for that are A) Custom races let people make any custom race they can possibly dream up at any time, and B)This one is probably the bigger one, Gaming as a whole has moved on from single player stuff, modern gaming is online now. After moving to online racing, I couldn’t even imagine sitting there racing alone against computer drivers anymore, even the thought of it is just boring.

Last edited:

It will take them almost no time at all to add proper events and flesh out the career. None whatsoever. Cars are not the only content GT4 blows GT7 out of the water on

Events needing I-B, I-A and S license? Check. Specific drive train events? Check. Region specific car challenges? Check. Rally events? Check. Endurance races? Check. Arcade mode? Check. Championships? Check...

Last edited:
It will take them almost no time at all to add proper events and flesh out the career. None whatsoever. Cars are not the only content GT4 blows GT7 out of the water on

Events needing I-B, I-A and S license? Check. Specific drive train events? Check. Region specific car challenges? Check. Rally events? Check. Endurance races? Check. Arcade mode? Check. Championships? Check...
All stuff that anyone can do in Custom Races/Online Lobbies, and then some? Check.

Last edited:
Nothing. Whenever this game materializes in my hands, I'll do exactly on it what I did for GTS: Grind for all the cars and not spend 1 cent. Yes its tedious and frankly the Career mode isn't even what I would call a career mode but I refuse to spend a single penny on in-game content.

I happily paid for Skyrim and Fallout expansions. I would pay for tracks. Cars should be available to everyone if they can be used online etc. Any features should be availble to everyone as well.

Could not agree more. There should be 30min or 60min races, mixed up 600pp through to Gr1 and some classics that all pay out 500k+. The cars are there, the tracks are there, I really don't see why we are limited to Tokyo or Sardegna or Spa for these.

Le Mans 700pp is a 30 minute race. 550,000 for 1st. 825,000 with Clean Race Bonus. 1,650,000 for just over one hour of driving. I think Spa is 1.5M for the hour with the Clean Race Bonus.

That said, we do deserve hour plus races that pay XXMs for wins. A 4 hour Le Mans race that pays 8M for a win would be worth the effort as an example.

My two guess’s for that are A) Custom races let people make any custom race they can possibly dream up at any time, and B)This one is probably the bigger one, Gaming as a whole has moved on from single player stuff, modern gaming is online now. After moving to online racing, I couldn’t even imagine sitting there racing alone against computer drivers anymore, even the thought of it is just boring.
A does not excuse the poor single player career or lack of a single player career and B is just false. Especialy where Gran Turismo is concerned. The vast majorty of GT players do not play online and theres a huge number of gamers who dont game online in general.

Zero. I paid full price, day one, to support it on PS4 and even paid for the upgrade when I got a PS5. That's it. The fact the push for mtx is blatant, along with their artificial scarcity with rotations of vehicles in the ucd and legend dealership, no. They proved they they don't earn my good will and money with those systems in place. As much as Kaz says he doesn't want us grinding, he forced us to, to get those expensive cars and continue to tune them, with his current economy system.

If worst came to worst, we all have other activities or even back logs of games, to move onto, there is zero shortage of things to do, so I wouldn't cry or lose sleep if I was stopped from continuing to play.

A uhh friend of mine may have purchased 100 million FH5 credits for $10, but he wouldn’t do it again because it killed the fun of earning the vehicles. Plus that game throws cars and money at you anyway, but $10 for a 100 million GT7 credits might be tempting considering that’s a minimum of 2 weeks of my maximum ever grind per week.

If the game had been released and maintained in a state that would have suggested they did their best to create a fun, fulfilling experience, then I wouldn't mind shelling out a couple of bucks for new tracks, maybe even for a car pack. But with the way things have been going, I feel like the onus is on Polyphony to win back some good will first before they should even dare ask for additional money in return for content.

I am also, in principle, mostly against a real-money fee to unlock content in games, but I could see the benefit of paying – let's say – an amount in the ballpark of 5 Dollar/Euro to unlock everything in the game. The current cost of buying credits (and then the credit pricing of the cars) is nothing but insulting and out of touch with reality.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. We all basically paid high prices for a half sassed game. There's barely any content, with average races just lasting 5 laps long, and leader being 20 seconds by the time you reach the first corner.

For me, this is the last GT game. It's the worst game in a long time. I don't feel joy to turn up the PS, just to grind that standard 4 races to pay excess of 10,000,000 for some legend cars.

That MTX money, i rather pay and head to the gym with that. PD can go screw themselves, print this out, and shove it up where the sun doesn't shine.

Gaming as a whole has moved on from single player stuff, modern gaming is online now.
Meanwhile some of the most celebrated games in the industry recently (a good deal of which also happens to be Playstation exclusives) are AAA singleplayer games like God of War, Horizon, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Elden Ring, and... you get the picture.

Last edited:
Back