Mid-Field Raceway Lap Times For 716 Cars!

Added:

1:18.400 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07

It's only a few tenths slower than the GT-R '07.

I started testing the R8 V10 but it's really tough. So far I managed 1:17.8 and I'm betting 1:17.3 when I'm finished.

The V8 is 60 kg lighter and has just the right amount of power. It almost feels like an AWD Lotus, whereas the V10 feels like a Lamborghini wearing Audi clothes, probably because that's exactly what it is.

Added:

1:18.400 - Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07

It's only a few tenths slower than the GT-R '07.

I started testing the R8 V10 but it's really tough. So far I managed 1:17.8 and I'm betting 1:17.3 when I'm finished.

The V8 is 60 kg lighter and has just the right amount of power. It almost feels like an AWD Lotus, whereas the V10 feels like a Lamborghini wearing Audi clothes, probably because that's exactly what it is.
When I got an R8 to test, I got the '09 R8 5.2 FSI Quattro. I was really surprised by how slow it was. It's 540 PP and I got a 2:20.088 with it at Nürburgring GP/F. The '06 Ferrari F430 is also 540 PP and I got a 2:15.673 with it, never mind all the cars in between those two. Granted, I haven't tested the regular Nissan GT-R, so I don't know if I'd find them similar, but I know the Black Edition is incredibly fast (2:12.953), especially compared to the R8.

I wonder if I should re-test the R8 or give the V8 version a whirl.

Last edited:
The V8 should be in every R8. If I want V10 + AWD, I'll buy a Lamborghini not an Audi.

I think if you enjoyed the R8 V10, you'll enjoy the V8 at least twice as much. It's more satisfying to drive fast.

I can concur with your result that the Nismo GT-R is way faster than the R8 V10.

I think if you enjoyed the R8 V10, you'll enjoy the V8 at least twice as much. It's more satisfying to drive fast.
Well, I don't know that I enjoyed driving the R8 V10, but it wasn't unpleasant to drive... :)
I can concur with your result that the Nismo GT-R is way faster than the R8 V10.
Oh, the GT-R NISMO is nuts, but I was referring to the GT-R Black Edition. (I've gotten a 2:12.953 in the BE and 2:10.933 in the NISMO.)

Speaking of the GT-R NISMO, it really sucks that GT6 classifies it as neither a "Normal Car" nor a "Race Car," so I can never use it for seasonals. Given the love affair between Polyphony and Nissan, it's especially surprising that the NISMO isn't treated like the normal, street-legal car that it is. It certainly deserves that status more than the stupid Suzuki GSX-R/4! :)

I've wondered if the GT-R's are given a little bit of a performance boost due to PD's close relationship with Nissan. I'd like to believe that PD is above that sort of thing, but my god...the NISMO GT-R is godly - even in it's stock, dealership form. You can't say that about many cars in this game. Most need at least a teeny suspension tweak, or more often, an LSD tweak to really make them perform. I know that NISMO GT-R is absolutely sick in the real world, but I can't help but wonder...

I've always found the V10 Audi R8 a bit tricky to drive - even compared to the Gallardo.

I've wondered if the GT-R's are given a little bit of a performance boost due to PD's close relationship with Nissan. I'd like to believe that PD is above that sort of thing, but my god...the NISMO GT-R is godly - even in it's stock, dealership form. You can't say that about many cars in this game. Most need at least a teeny suspension tweak, or more often, an LSD tweak to really make them perform. I know that NISMO GT-R is absolutely sick in the real world, but I can't help but wonder...

I've always found the V10 Audi R8 a bit tricky to drive - even compared to the Gallardo.

Nismo GTR is normal in GT6. Ford GT and McLaren MP4-12C are the better-than-RL ones for sure and Huayra is clearly much worse than in RL.

Yeah, if I were a betting man, I'd guess that the accuracy of Polyphony's simulations is probably much higher for new Nissans than anything. Which is not to say that they're cheating, exactly, but that they're more faithful simulations. Maybe that's naive of me, but that's how I've always assumed it worked. I remember @Motor City Hami saying the accuracy of, I believe, the Mustang Boss 302 is terrible, for one.

But, yeah, even in real life, the GT-R NISMO has proven itself as a beast of a car (as in that video I posted in this thread of it beating out the C7 Z06 at Big Willow, for instance).
I remember it feeling slow (for its PP rating) and prone to understeer.

Nismo GTR is normal in GT6. Ford GT and McLaren MP4-12C are the better-than-RL ones for sure and Huayra is clearly much worse than in RL.
I dunno about the MP4-12C. It's pretty awesome in GT6, but it's no slouch in real life, either. It's one of the fastest cars the Stigs drove on Top Gear, for one. (Granted, yes, British car on a British show, and that track is a rather odd one.) Motor Trend also shows it doing very well at Laguna Seca (albeit slower than Vipers and Corvettes—big surprise).

Still, given how weird the MP4-12C's suspension is, did Polyphony go out of their way to model it differently than other cars? I'd be pretty surprised if they did.

Last edited:
I remember @Motor City Hami saying the accuracy of, I believe, the Mustangs Boss 302 is terrible, for one.

I have zero doubt that anyone at PD has ever driven a 2013 Boss 302. I am thrilled that they put it into the game with choice of colors, but it does not drive anywhere close to real life. But with the PD physics model, why would I expect anything to mirror real life.

Finally finished testing the R8 V10, and it's about 1.5 seconds quicker than the V8, but much harder to reach its maximum potential. The V8 offers a more relaxed-at-the-limit drive. The Scuderia, ZR1, and Nismo GT-R are all faster then the R8 V10 and have smaller engines.

Max speed reached was 160 mph in the V10 and 151 mph in the V8.

Your result and opinion about R8 V10 totally agrees with most of the tests and reviews about it. Not predictable and easy on or over the limit in order to reach it. So, its chassis wasn't to good for over 500 HP probably or the balance of it wasn't too good when it had more weight on its back side in addition to having 130 PS more to handle.

Last edited:
We had a drive a few years ago with a local forum members, and two Audi R8 joined, a V8 and a V10. They exchanged their cars and went back a bit to do the last portion of mountain road again, and concluded they felt minimal difference in terms of how fast they felt there (without being incredible drivers as my father was following them with ease in a Punto Abarth :D )

I love the older Vipers. There's just something about the new one that doesn't sit well with me and I can't figure out what it is. Maybe it has TOO much power...

500 hp suits the car just right. In 2007 they bumped up the power to 600 hp.

Last edited:
We had a drive a few years ago with a local forum members, and two Audi R8 joined, a V8 and a V10. They exchanged their cars and went back a bit to do the last portion of mountain road again, and concluded they felt minimal difference in terms of how fast they felt there (without being incredible drivers as my father was following them with ease in a Punto Abarth :D )

That's why I talked about handling when pushed hard. Only then weaknesses are found in this type of cars, especially when being 4WD.

Hey SuzukaStar, Gallardo and LFAs next to close with the V10's maybe?

Last edited:
Both the Gallardo and LFA have 552 hp, but the Lambo is actually 70 kg lighter despite being 4WD.

Both cars are faster than the Nismo GT-R, but those results may vary depending on driver. They're all very close in performance.

The Gallardo is the best V10 in the game in my opinion, but I haven't tested the newest Viper yet...

As for Anniversary cars, I want to keep this list to real cars only, at least for now.

Only reason I didn't test the Nurb edition is because I saw that only 50 of them were made. That's one hell of a limited-production run. It damn well better be a lot faster than the standard LFA.

They made 500 LFA's, and 10% were Nurb editions.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/so-lon...nd-final-lexus-lfa-built-production-run-over/

"The optional Nürburgring Package included aggressive aerodynamic aids, a track-focused suspension, 10 more horsepower and a recalibrated transmission.

These elements allowed driver Akira Iida to lap the famed Nürburgring in just 7:14.64--a record for a car equipped with non-competition tires."

http://www.lexus.com/models/LFA/

Tested the SRT Viper GTS '13 and it tied with the Corvette ZR1 '09 with a time of 1:16.8

Viper
8.4L
640 hp / 6,400 rpm
601 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
1,556 kg
566 pp

Corvette
6.2L
639 hp / 6,500 rpm
604 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
1,508 kg
573 pp

On paper, the Corvette should be faster.

Also tested the LFA Nurb, and it's only a tenth quicker than the standard car. Don't ask me why. It doesn't feel any different. Certainly not worth the extra money. I'm not uploading the replay yet, but I don't think I can do any better. Maybe half a second at most?

Last edited:
Pretty strange indeed for the LFAs indeed. Might give them a try with the DFPro to check if any small difference in feedback or limits at all.

Only reason I didn't test the Nurb edition is because I saw that only 50 of them were made. That's one hell of a limited-production run. It damn well better be a lot faster than the standard LFA.

They made 500 LFA's, and 10% were Nurb editions.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/so-lon...nd-final-lexus-lfa-built-production-run-over/

"The optional Nürburgring Package included aggressive aerodynamic aids, a track-focused suspension, 10 more horsepower and a recalibrated transmission.

These elements allowed driver Akira Iida to lap the famed Nürburgring in just 7:14.64--a record for a car equipped with non-competition tires."

http://www.lexus.com/models/LFA/

That's such a great video. One thing I've noticed with MOST "Nurburgring Lap Time Videos" is, they seem to use the same start line as in our game, but their finish line is just when they come around the corner, several hundred feet shorter than where the starting line was. I wonder why they do that? I know that the little pit area is right there and they probably just want to be able to pull the car back into that area, but it's still a little strange.

I tested the premium '89 Mazda. Is there a reason you'd like me to test the standard version? Just wondering.

I'll gladly test the Barchetta tomorrow. I'm getting tired of the fast cars anyway.

That's such a great video. One thing I've noticed with MOST "Nurburgring Lap Time Videos" is, they seem to use the same start line as in our game, but their finish line is just when they come around the corner, several hundred feet shorter than where the starting line was. I wonder why they do that? I know that the little pit area is right there and they probably just want to be able to pull the car back into that area, but it's still a little strange.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably because of how the track's set up for "Tourist Drives" (touristenfahrten), where you pay 27€ to drive your regular car on the track. Since you pay by the lap, they probably need a clear entrance and exit. But I'm just speculating—I really have no idea.

Side note: I didn't realize Nürburgring Tourist Drives were available for the Grand Prix circuit. That's freakin' awesome. I'd much rather do that than the Green Hell. :) (Not that I anticipate going to Deutschland anytime soon, much less with access to a track-worthy car.)

@watermelon punch, the Barchetta is a tenth slower than the premium '89 Mazda Eunos, and is tied with the Honda CR-Z at 1:34.9

👍 It's a fun car, especially going around Turn 7, the long sweeper. Don't even have to lift off the gas. I completed 8 laps, that's how fun this car was. Best time was on lap 4 (a tenth quicker than lap 3). If the Mazda MX-5 were FF, it would be the Barchetta.

Back