Mid-Field Raceway Lap Times For 716 Cars!

Question... are you treating these 3 cars as the same on your lists?

Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89

I ask because only these 2 are the same:
Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89

This one is faster:
Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89

I know they have the same HP, the same weight, and the same torque.

However, the Eunos Roadster has 364pp (after oil change).
And the MX-5 (and Miata) have 360pp (after oil change).

And it's the case that in both GT5, and GT6, the premium Eunos Roadster consistently tests as slightly faster.
So they're not interchangeable.

(I don't remember what the difference is, if I ever knew... but there is one.)

In real life, I don't think there's a single difference between the '89 Mazda Eunos and the '89 MX-5.

Figures that GT would create some artificial difference.

Will PD ever get their **** together?

I'll test the standard car tomorrow.

@watermelon punch,

1:34.732 - Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89
1:34.843 - Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89

Despite the 5 PP difference, there is no discernible difference on the track.

Also tested BMW Z4 '03 and it's a high 1:27 car.

And Audi S4 '03 is a mid-1:25 car.

Viper ACR '08 is 2 seconds faster than the SRT10 '06 and a few tenths quicker than the GTS '13.

Last edited:
ACR is great in grip. Almost no spinning at all from 2nd gear and up and a not bad balance make an exceptional track day car. Just saw your lap, which was very good SuzukaStar.

Last edited:
So the KTM X-Bow R is 3 entire seconds quicker than the Street version.

The Ferrari F430 ties with the Street and the Corvette C6 Z06 is on their heels at the finish line.

Also tested the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05 which is as quick as the Evo III '95

So the KTM X-Bow R is 3 entire seconds quicker than the Street version.

The Ferrari F430 ties with the Street and the Corvette C6 Z06 is on their heels at the finish line.

Also tested the Mazdaspeed Atenza '05 which is as quick as the Evo III '95

I prefer to see Mazdaspeed 6 as a less than a 1/10 of a sec competitor to Civic Type-R '08 which is a modern sedan also and a hardcore one as Mazda is just a great GT.

That's true. They are within 3 years of each other, both have 4 doors, but the Mazda has 4WD (heavy) and a turbo (powerful.) It is a good match-up indeed!

The Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 falls between the Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 and the Lotus Elise 111R '04.

With a weight of 369 kg, it's nearly 300 kg lighter than the Sport 190! Great car. I loved every second of testing. It has a sky-high redline of around 12,000 rpm and can do 75 mph in 1st gear.

Chrysler Prowler '02 managed a 1:26.0 best. I gave it everything I had to try and get 1:25 but I can't do it. Not without cheating anyway.

Last edited:
If you guys are looking for a challenge, try and beat 1:30 in a brand new Peugeot RCZ '10. It took me about 20 minutes to break that barrier with a 1:29.995

It's 6 tenths of a second faster than the Mini Cooper S '11.

If you guys are looking for a challenge, try and beat 1:30 in a brand new Peugeot RCZ '10. It took me about 20 minutes to break that barrier with a 1:29.995

It's 6 tenths of a second faster than the Mini Cooper S '11.

I will try a few runs there tomorrow if enough free time my friend just for fun.

I've driven that car, I would rather set my clothes on fire with me in them than drive it again.

Come now, it's not that bad! On Comfort Softs it's pretty neutral. To get the best results, it needs to be wound up all the way to 7,000 rpm which is 1,000 rpm past where the redline begins. I think the RCZ handles better than the Mini Cooper S, but both are pretty underwhelming.

On a completely unrelated note, if you ever test the McLaren MP4-12C, I'll be very curious to see where it ends up. Looks like it did well on your Suzuka testing.

Come now, it's not that bad! On Comfort Softs it's pretty neutral. To get the best results, it needs to be wound up all the way to 7,000 rpm which is 1,000 rpm past where the redline begins. I think the RCZ handles better than the Mini Cooper S, but both are pretty underwhelming.
I tested many FF's for my DTC challenge...that and the New Beetle Cup Car are the only to that actually hurt to drive, by the way the Golf IV TC is so brilliant on CS...at any track.
0-60 - 0:06.217
0-100 - 0:13.741
0-Top Speed - 0:26.885
Top Speed - 128

These were all performed once, with good shifting and a quick reaction time, but I'm still human so they are not an absolute.

I guess SuzukaStar means the tests in Route X about 0-400m, 0-1000m and top speed. I guess that's not in GT6 because of the broken physics about drag which is bad for top speed and for acceleration over 200kph.

I can't stand this MP4-12C. I really can't. I've been at it for a half hour now, trying to beat my best of 1:14.0 (which wasn't the cleanest lap, either)

I'm literally killing myself trying to get a clean 1:13 and it just doesn't seem to want to happen for me.

Your 1.14 is already great so no need to go faster sir. I did just over 1.14 and it was great because on wheel it feels smooth. I guess you wrestled a bit to manage it. It is too grippy and neutral which makes it too fast. It did exactly (to the 1/1000 of a sec) the same laptime to McLaren F1 on CS in Midfield when I tested them back2back 10 days ago.

I was going to edit my post just now that I finally got a clean 1:13.957 but you replied so I had to make the announcement lol it only took me about 45 minutes :banghead:

I feel like it has a lot of understeer, but that just might be the extreme grip and neutral handling you mentioned. Replay is up now.

Interesting that the McLaren F1 is no faster or slower.

Last edited:
You are a stubborn human being eh? :cheers: I like your persistence as I have told you again in the past. It is curious to me that F1=MP4 because F1 is of great aerodynamics and much lighter. I just think MP4 is better than in RL in GT6 as Ford GT also. :odd:

Last edited:
That car and Vectra are of the most ugly ever designed sedans. And I liked how slow is in GT6 the Vectra as in real life, reminding me of Top Gear's then comparison between Mondeo ST, Mazdaspeed 6 and Vectra. I misss this Mondeo which existed in previous GT games (not sure in which, maybe GT2).

I can't stand this MP4-12C. I really can't. I've been at it for a half hour now, trying to beat my best of 1:14.0 (which wasn't the cleanest lap, either)
Really? I like the car quite a bit.
I feel like it has a lot of understeer, but that just might be the extreme grip and neutral handling you mentioned.
Yeah, it does tend to have a bit of understeer. Nowhere near as bad as, say, the '08 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR, but it's there. I never felt it was too bad (though when I was racing with it the other day, it did feel more understeery than I remembered).

Still, looks like it's #1 on your list so far, so that's gotta count for something, right? :)
Interesting that the McLaren F1 is no faster or slower.
Oddly, I've found the McLaren F1 to be considerably slower due to the fact that it drives terribly. :) (At the Nürburgring GP/F, I've gotten a 2:07.711 in the MP4-12C and a 2:09.931 in the F1.) Seems like it oversteers badly and, IIRC, still has too much understeer, too. I was trying on Saturday to see if I'd just been driving like an idiot when I tested the F1 before, but I was still in the 2:10s before I got interrupted.

The MP4-12C isn't a bad car to race against other people (or the AI) with, but it can get annoying when you're trying to beat yourself over and over :indiff: That's why I prefer to test the slower cars, because they are easier to manage (does that make me lazy?) :sly:

Tested the Ford GT '05 and it's 1.5 seconds slower than the MP4-12C.

The MP4-12C isn't a bad car to race against other people (or the AI) with, but it can get annoying when you're trying to beat yourself over and over :indiff: That's why I prefer to test the slower cars, because they are easier to manage (does that make me lazy?) :sly:
I agree that testing "hard to manage" cars isn't very enjoyable, yeah. It's why I didn't like the McLaren F1 or the Huayra. I feel less like I'm driving them and more like I'm constantly fighting them. Any car that requires that I baby the throttle on every corner exit to avoid having the car spin out is a chore. Maybe that just makes me a bad driver, I dunno.

My final car today is the Peugeot 106 Rallye '03. Some say it lacks power, but to them I say it makes up for it in the corners. There's something to be said about being able to floor it around the majority of the turns. I think I needed to brake for 3 of them, out of 13.

Anyway, it's as quick as the Daihatsu Storia X4.

Tested:

Tommykaira ZZ-S '00
Lotus Elise '00
Ford Shelby GT500 '13
Light Car Company Rocket '07

Somehow, despite weighing less and having slightly more power, the Elise '00 is in fact slower than the Elise '96.

And the Tommykaira is a fantastic machine. It's exactly one tenth slower than the Lotus Evora.

The GT500 is a car that just shouldn't exist. It has over 650 hp and 600 ft-lbs of torque. Why does a Mustang need this much power? It's still not as quick as a Corvette C7!

The Rocket is nearly 4 seconds quicker than the Caterham Seven Fireblade even though both have nearly the same specs! It tops out at 133 mph right before the start/finish line.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back