Mid-Field Raceway Lap Times For 716 Cars!

The Hellcat and GT500 are the embodiment of 1960s muscle. Baby boomers love them.

Tested the Honda NSX Type R '92. I thought I had already done it, but was wrong.

It's less than a full second slower than the premium '02 version. It has 6 fewer horses, 11 fewer ft-lbs of torque, and weighs 40 kg less than the newer car.

Also tested:

Buick GNX '87
Audi S3 '02
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04

The 1.8L Audi is as fast as the 2.0L Toyota Caldina GT-Four '02.

Last edited:
The Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99 is a whole second quicker than the Lotus Elise '00.

I think I've had enough testing for today. If anyone has any car suggestions they'd like me to test, I'll get to them tomorrow. Please keep it to real production cars, no rally or race cars, and preferably under 550 PP.

Well it took me quite a while, but I managed a super-clean 1:18.987 with the RUF RGT '00.

That's as quick as the Corvette C7. The RR layout is awkward for me to get used to, but after a few laps I'm convinced it's the best drivetrain.

Audi A3 3.2 Quattro '03 is a 1:28.1 despite many desperate attempts trying to get 1:27

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 is 2.3 seconds behind the Corvette Grand Sport '96.

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00 is exactly 1 second faster than the Z28. It's as quick as the R32 GT-R '89 and S2000 '03.

Got another suggestion for me, @Rotorist? :cheers:

Last edited:
Ruf RGT is a great handling nehicle as its almost a 1st gen 911 GT3 RS having a bit more power than original GT3. Its grip is phenomenal. Aston Martins would be good I guess for a test drive and the TVRs next maybe?

Well it took me quite a while, but I managed a super-clean 1:18.987 with the RUF RGT '00.

That's as quick as the Corvette C7. The RR layout is awkward for me to get used to, but after a few laps I'm convinced it's the best drivetrain.
I love the RGT. One of my favorite cars in the game. (Doesn't help that I'm a Porschephile, though. ;) )

Got another suggestion for me, @Rotorist? :cheers:
Well, I'll throw out the suggestion of the Veyron and Huayra. :) I'm curious if they'll trump your MP4-12C time.

I'll need to do one or two Red Bull championships to get enough money for those, but I'll definitely do the Veyron this weekend at some point.

Tested:

MG MGF '97
MG TF160 '03

The MGF is almost 9 tenths of a second quicker than the TF160 due to being 80 kg lighter. They have almost identical torque and a difference of about 15 hp.

Best I could do with the Bugatti Veyron is 6 tenths slower than the MP4-12C.

This car gave me a massive headache.

I won't be testing the Huayra because it won't be able to handle a time attack on Comfort tires.

You are right about Huayra. Not any chance taming it with the bad grip out of corners on CS. Movable aero flaps aren't effective enough as much as in RL :banghead:

Last edited:
I'm about to try my hand at the Huayra...wish me luck.

*EDIT: Managed to get a 1:15.730. I don't have a clue if that's good or not.

Last edited:
Hey trobes29! You are brave my friend! What controller? Wheel or DS3? I will check tomorrow my time on DFP and will update. As I have said many times before that car was treated unfair in GT6 as they didn't manage to sim its aero.

I surely need at least 10 laps to learn and feel its grip limits for all turns. Pretty tough monster to tame but much fun using a good wheel as yours at least...

Last edited:
The Mclaren isn't much faster on a wheel, I got a 1:13.687, and it's a pain in the 🤬 to be consistent with. Now to the Veyron.

I'll need to do one or two Red Bull championships to get enough money for those, but I'll definitely do the Veyron this weekend at some point.
I thought you already had one from your Suzuka testing. You don't sell your cars after you drive them, do you? :confused:
Best I could do with the Bugatti Veyron is 6 tenths slower than the MP4-12C.

This car gave me a massive headache.
I've decided that the car doesn't handle badly so much as it can produce speed so much faster than it can do anything else that it feels like it understeers excessively. I may be totally wrong about that, but that's how I've rationalized it. :) It feels like a damned rocket, though, once it gets going. Granted, a rocket that has a hard time changing directions, but a rocket nonetheless.
I won't be testing the Huayra because it won't be able to handle a time attack on Comfort tires.
:lol: Yeah, the Huayra's probably too masochistic a choice for testing on comfort tires. But at least it's not the F40. :)

I thought you already had one from your Suzuka testing. You don't sell your cars after you drive them, do you? :confused:

I've decided that the car doesn't handle badly so much as it can produce speed so much faster than it can do anything else that it feels like it understeers excessively. I may be totally wrong about that, but that's how I've rationalized it. :) It feels like a damned rocket, though, once it gets going. Granted, a rocket that has a hard time changing directions, but a rocket nonetheless.

:lol: Yeah, the Huayra's probably too masochistic a choice for testing on comfort tires. But at least it's not the F40. :)
But...but...I tried it ):

The Mclaren isn't much faster on a wheel, I got a 1:13.687, and it's a pain in the 🤬 to be consistent with. Now to the Veyron.

You probably got that 1:13 a lot quicker than it took me lol nice job :cheers:

I do sell most cars after I test them, because I'm too lazy to make more money, and for a while I was at the max 500 cars and I don't use the Stockyard because it takes forever to load :sly:

I don't doubt the Veyron is capable of the highest speed of any stock production car on the straightaway. I think it was over 180 mph!

The F40 is definitely tame compared with the Huayra. That Pagani has something like 730 ft-lbs of torque and weighs less than the Ferrari, I think. F40 is coming soon.

One's Japanese, the other British. One is MR, the other FR. One is V6, the other V8.

Lap times are identical.

1:21.549 - Honda NSX Type R '92
1:21.550 - TVR Griffith '94

Add the Mustang Boss 302 '13 to that duo, because it's a 1:21.5 as well.

Had to then test the Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 and it's a 1:20.7

Camaro
6.2L
427 hp / 6,000 rpm
420 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,755 kg
498 pp

Mustang
5.0L
443 hp / 6,500 rpm
380 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,647 kg
501 pp

Looks pretty even on paper, doesn't it? Would be hard to guess which one is faster.

I guess the Charger SRT8 will have to be next. Tomorrow.

Charger
6.4L
469 hp / 6,000 rpm
470 ft-lb / 4,500 rpm
1,980 kg
498 pp

Think this will be faster than either the Mustang or the Camaro?

Last edited:
I thought it would be at least somewhat competitive with the Camaro and Mustang, but it turns out that the best I can do is a 1:22.9 which is about 1.5 seconds slower than the Mustang. I can forgive the Charger for that, considering it has rear doors :sly:

Tested the Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11 and it's a few tenths quicker than the Subaru BRZ!

And the Audi TT Coupe 1.8T Quattro '00 is a half second slower than the Audi S3 '02.

Last edited:
True, it is quick for what it is, although a BMW M3 '04 is just as quick :lol:

Tested the BMW 120i and 120d '04. The diesel is quicker by 1.1 seconds. What I don't like about the diesel is that, like many turbocharged cars, you have to shift 500-750 rpm before redline or else the power disappears.

120i
2.0L
148 hp / 6,000 rpm
147 ft-lb / 3,500 rpm
1,335 kg
368 pp

120d
2.0L
160 hp / 4,000 rpm
251 ft-lb / 2,000 rpm
1,415 kg
388 pp

Torque makes the difference there, almost 60% more in diesel and from much lower rpms. Agreed about gear change too. It is annoying to change so early but Subaru STis are almost the same. Needed to change at 6.5 to get best acceleration.

The F40 is definitely tame compared with the Huayra. That Pagani has something like 730 ft-lbs of torque and weighs less than the Ferrari, I think. F40 is coming soon.
Yeah, but the F40's damn near undrivable (for reasons that come down to more than torque), as the recent seasonal has shown. :)

Speaking of undrivable cars, feel free to take a crack at the 1986 RUF BTR. :)

Back