April Car of the Month - The Little Engine That Could (No Fooling)

Volkswagen 1200 '66

1200-on-sierra-jpg.237502

Lotus Europa S.2 '68

Europa S2 Stowe.jpg

@Bowtie-muscle
Cappuccino (EA21R) '95 review

Took it first to Matterhorn 400PP Seasonal
I was just driving around having fun when suddenly I realized it was the last lap and I wasn't first :scared:, chucked the racing helmut back on my head and peeled off to an exalting victory :cool:.

The car is fun to drive 👍, has enough throttle control on it to make the wheels spin out of curves to give it a feel of accomplishment 👍, rotation is good but there is a tad missing in direction, but then we are on CM. there is one very annoying thing to it, but we'll get to that later, why ruin a beautiful moment with just one particularity :mischievous:.

Next stop 400PP Clubman - Autumn Ring

What I like about this one is that you can toss it around through S's and recuperate with no problems, brake late on the outside in curves and have the rear slide out while you tuck it in front of an anonymous driver (forgot his name, sorry :banghead:) all of this while losing very little time, well I think I didn't lose much time doing this :dopey:.

Ah yes almost forgot that little annoying thing :scared:, well it's not really your fault it's just that I felt I was driving a very fast Kubota Series T lawnmower, those high rev's just didn't always inspire me :ill:, what? ... yes of course I know that you know that I just put this in because you know that I know that I always have to nit pick on something and if I can't find something I'll just invent it :lol:.

Excellent one BM :bowdown:, just for my information and I promise I won't tell anyone, don't you find it handles better than the Corvette ? :cheers: ( Talk to your lawyer before answering ) Never Read The Fine Print

16982982601_22a75a1786_o.png

"The Challenge"

Just for fun I present to you the hardest and most difficult challenge ever in a Gran Turismo game.
Yes it took me a long time, I think I'm the slowest :ouch:, first lap hit the brake button by accident when I stretched out, then on the last straight completely forgot about the pit lane, had to do an emergency move. 2nd lap I don't really remember :(, I may have dozed off at some point :odd:. You are a mad man for thinking of this :lol:.
IMG_0405.JPG

Yes it took me a long time, I think I'm the slowest :ouch:, first lap hit the brake button by accident when I stretched out, then on the last straight completely forgot about the pit lane, had to do an emergency move. 2nd lap I don't really remember :(, I may have dozed off at some point :odd:. You are a mad man for thinking of this :lol:.
View attachment 347785
It is devious, wonder who else would come up with such a challenge? :odd:

Would you prefer your trophy here or under the moon in the pond (where you will likely throw it)?:lol::mischievous:

It is devious, wonder who else would come up with such a challenge? :odd:

Would you prefer your trophy here or under the moon in the pond (where you will likely throw it)?:lol::mischievous:
I don't know who you are referring to :odd:, really :P.

You can place it on the moon 👍, and no I will not chuck it out in or under a pond, I've worked hard to get this and I'm proud to receive it :drool:, and it looks real cool :bowdown:, and also I like it :).

And it was a great idea you had :D:bowdown:, separates the boys from the men :lol:.

@DaBomm4
Lotus S.2 '68 Review

There are many ways we can approach driving and tuning cars in GT6, there’s the “let’s make the fastest car there is that defies the laws of physics”, and the “lets make a car that is as close to the performance or specs of IRL as possible”, also there are a few “let’s make a car just cool to drive, where you need to apply some control or you’ll be sorry” and of course “lets make a car fast but easy to drive” and a few “let’s make a car do things it’s not suppose to” and finally “let’s make a car impossible to drive” we all know who has done those of course.

The little engine that could? That was the theme, so let’s apply it, off to:

Nat A 500PP ClubmanCup : Materhorn Rotenboden -600PP Limit, SS or less
S2 ’68: CS, abs/0

Ok so I’m a little under powered, don’t have the greatest tires and I was cheap and skimmed off the abs option, but it should make things exciting.

First race I had to get use to the car, it’s very responsive, some might say it’s a little too much but it I find it gives it a IRL factor. Very easy to take sharp turns to pass from the exterior, it will understeer a fair amount and you can lose it as it pushes in to spin out but that’s easy easy to remedy, let go the gas a bit and off you go. First race I finished 3rd, but I thought I messed up to in too many places so I redid the race and came in 2nd. If I had more available time I would have kept at it until victory was obtained, but it’s a lot more fun and exciting battling it out all the way then being first after 1/2 of the first lap and coasting to a savorless victory.

I went to do this race

Super - Ascari Race Resort 10-Lap Challenge - 650PP Limit, SS or less
S2 ’68: 450PP, I’m crazy but not that much so SS, abs/0

They chickened out and wouldn’t let me enter???

Next stop
Int. B: Tour Of Europe Race 3 : Ascari Full Track - 540PP Limit, SS or less

S2 ‘68 450PP, SH, abs/0

90PP off so I went with SH for this one, the car did keep some of it’s wild character but not enough to bore me to sleep. Throttle control is a must and so is gradient braking, passed for first place in the last section before the final stretch and drove to victory while keeping an eye on my pursuer in my mirror.

I decided to do 1 more before bedtime and I found this one:
INT.B Classic Super Car Festival : Race 3 Grand Valley Speedway - 560PP Limit, SH or less

S2 ‘68 450PP, CS, abs/0

Well the Ford GT , Ferrari and other exotics did not want to play with me, they peeled off into the sunset and left me battling it out with the others, but that’s ok, we had a ball fighting it out. Kind of cool down shifting one extra gear to get some extra kick to take the sharp curves, just have to be careful not to over do it with the gas pedal going out. Finally finished 4th at 13.xxx from the leaders. I decided to try it once more on SH, still was not fast enough but finished 4th at 5.563 from the leaders.

This car should be driven with CS, it’s the most fun with those but if it’s too much for some, put some SH. For a small powered car it has quite a bit of nervousness to it, it does want to spin out at times but you do get some great rotation. An excellent car to take to the track and to have a real race, where victory is not a guarantee, but won on merit. 👍 my friend, :cheers:.

Honda S500 '63
And BAM there it is :cheers:
I made this to teach my four year old how to drive, so it's very forgiving to mistakes but if you try arcade driving you will see this little car has a temper. 1:45's on Autumn Ring is easy to get prolly 1:42's if you can hold the slides that happen with trail breaking. (I'm working on that part can't seem to get trail braking and no exit snap over steer in the same set up....)

Takes a brave man to tune an F40 without ballast to compete with other supercars. Takes an even braver man to complete this challenge.
@TurnLeft is evil, I am just not right sometimes. :dopey:
@DaBomm4 and @Brewguy44 might just be the bravest around. (See brewguys garage for details ):crazy:
I don't know what you mean? Do you mean partaking in an easy challenge like this without having included a full lap time of a 2CV at the Nurburgring Nordscheife?

Also, @TurnLeft, thanks for the great review!

I don't know what you mean? Do you mean partaking in an easy challenge like this without having included a full lap time of a 2CV at the Nurburgring Nordscheife?

Also, @TurnLeft, thanks for the great review!

5244-gif.348052
I just did it!! Took the Citroen 2CV Type A '54 to Sierra and my time was 25:53.785. No Pause's just straight through.
youre-nuts-smiley-gif.348051
I don't need a trophy. I just wanted to do it to see how long it would take. Going up hill was fun :boggled: it slowed down to 2 mph. :odd: Going downhill Top Speed is a Face Melting 55 mph :D :lol: peaking at 57 mph. 👍 I suggested it and did it (Note To Self: NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!!) It was kinda fun :mischievous:
animated-smileys-drinking-187-gif.348053

^^^^^^^^^posted by @Brewguy44 in Fly me to the Moon Garage.^^^^^^^^^^^

This is what I am talking about, the man is brave.
You on the other hand, are brave for your F40, but you did use a "performance enhancer" to do your laps. But still, you did them.:P

Nurburgring Nordschleife: 2CV: 17:27.557 (I kid you not). Slowest hill, 19 mph. @Otaliema was right, more enjoyable.
:crazy: What exactly was it you went back to study in school? Was it really a school? Was everyone dressed in white?

Nice going champ, it's great to see you & @Brewguy44 taking passionate driving to the next level 👍

:bowdown:.:bowdown:.:bowdown:
..:bowdown:..:bowdown:
....:bowdown:
:confused:...........:eek:.......💡.................................................................................:banghead:..................:crazy:

:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back