Mid May and not even a hint of an update?

They're important for games that rely on microtransactions or subscriptions, but for a game that sells as much as GT they're probably not as significant.
...of which GT7 has the bolded (enough that they actively hid microtransactions from reviewers in order to solidify scores, and only introduced them after general release, and have still not taken out of the game unlike every other developer embroiled in MTX controversies) and actively relies on, considering how much of a major portion of the economy runs on gently (or blatantly) poking you to buy micro-transactions on every action that requires credits...

I doubt we will see an update until next week at the earliest. A month after the last update. I could be wrong though. The last time I played GT7 was a few days ago but just to see what its like through the PS VR (It looks good until you look to the distance and then its blurred. Using the big screen cinema mode. Before that I played for a few days to save for the Mc Laren F1 GTR.

I'm waiting to see what the next patch brings. Hopefully there will be a two or three hour race at Nordschliefe

I doubt we will see an update until next week at the earliest. A month after the last update. I could be wrong though. The last time I played GT7 was a few days ago but just to see what its like through the PS VR (It looks good until you look to the distance and then its blurred. Using the big screen cinema mode. Before that I played for a few days to save for the Mc Laren F1 GTR.

I'm waiting to see what the next patch brings. Hopefully there will be a two or three hour race at Nordschliefe
Hi I don’t know why PD are being quiet like this I think they have lost intrest in the game

Hi I don’t know why PD are being quiet like this I think they have lost intrest in the game
PD is always quiet unless there is something specific it needs to say, and as it's a PlayStation Studios developer, all of its external communications go through PlayStation.

It's been like this for pretty much the entire information age. The current status is entirely normal and reflects nothing of "intrest in the game" (sic).

When there's an update due, we will find out. That will occur probably no sooner than four days before it arrives. However we already know that an update will come with at least the Toyota GR010 before June 5, as the car is scheduled for a race in the Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup.

There's simply no need to keep asking when we're going to know, when it will be, why PD isn't saying anything, or any of your last dozen or so posts.

However you do need to address a claim you made earlier in the thread where you stated that GT7 is now available in Game/Amazon for £30.99, given that it isn't. This is the second time you have made a statement that is verifiably false and then simply abandoned it.

Last edited:
I have never known PD to be open about GT games. Since GT1 they have always been very quiet about when updates are coming and whats coming in the updates. They are the same as Rockstar games with GTA

Last edited:
I have never known PD to be open about GT games. Since GT1 they have always been very quiet about when updates are coming and whats coming in the updates. They are the same as Rockstar games with GTA
At least Rockstar occasionally used to make blog posts detailing future GTA Online updates, as well as the weekly bonuses and discounts. Polyphony has none of that.

Are they though?

it's crazy how entitled some of you sound 😂
not sure if any of you notice but the game is incredibly buggy...y'all complaining about new content....when the game crashes if you sort the cars by year😑(mine does). so if takes them a month to do it then that's fine for me just as long as they fix the bugs.

PD lost interest? to work on that other game they make?😂😂😂😂 you guys need to relax

not sure if any of you notice but the game is incredibly buggy...y'all complaining about new content....when the game crashes if you sort the cars by year😑(mine does). so if takes them a month to do it then that's fine for me just as long as they fix the bugs.

PD lost interest? to work on that other game they make?😂😂ва😂😂 you guys need to relax
I have got only 2 crashed for 360hours. It's not a big deal at all. But updates get too small content. GT Sport added F1500 event for 1.15 update for example. I'm afriad there will be such big update for 1.14-1.15 and so on. I don't need +3 new cars, I need content for play

Oh absolutely. That's just Polyphony doing it's thing. Taking a decent idea, then implementing it poorly and with little concern for actually refining it so that it can be as fun as possible. There's any number of examples of this, particularly in the online era.

Like many things in GT7, I like the idea but not the specific implementation. This is another one of those things. Checkpoint time trials are fine. Having it be the beat of music instead of a timer is fine. But that they left it at that is boring when there's so many other things they could have done with it, which is why made the post you originally replied to.

You can add to that stuff that would tie the driving to the music if you wanted, although I'm not quite sure how that would work mechanically.

Personally, I still enjoy Zone Mode in Wipeout HD. The "driving" is technically unrelated to the music still, but the way the music combines with the visuals is very pleasing.

Back in the PS3 version of WipEout HD Fury, even the tracks' visualizers all over the road surfaces and ambience of the tracks will adapt to any song.

PD lost interest? to work on that other game they make?😂😂😂😂 you guys need to relax
Yeah believe it or not people want bugs fixed as well. Right now we know nothing of what they're doing, we never do.

Game freezing during dailies seems prevalent. The screen freezes but audio carries on and you can hear the car going on and crashing. Happened to Rory Alexander twice today on stream and Zavisic on stream too apparently. It happened to me a couple of days ago ruining a race. Stuff like this shouldn’t even be happening. Let alone the state of lobbies, crossplay lag, physics getting hacked. New content should be the lowest priority right now.

Game freezing during dailies seems prevalent. The screen freezes but audio carries on and you can hear the car going on and crashing. Happened to Rory Alexander twice today on stream and Zavisic on stream too apparently. It happened to me a couple of days ago ruining a race. Stuff like this shouldn’t even be happening. Let alone the state of lobbies, crossplay lag, physics getting hacked. New content should be the lowest priority right now

I'm sure most of you don't even realise sometimes when you add or buy a performance part it doesn't have any effect it would register as install but driving performance doesn't change.... this mostly happens to me with transmissions & anti-lag... would have to set it back to normal, exit car settings..... then back in again an reinstall said part for it to work correctly

I have got only 2 crashed for 360hours. It's not a big deal at all. But updates get too small content. GT Sport added F1500 event for 1.15 update for example. I'm afriad there will be such big update for 1.14-1.15 and so on. I don't need +3 new cars, I need content for play
Hey, that’s you and certainly more people, but my game crashes everyday. Many times, it doesn’t load when I boot it up first time. It freezes, many times, when I take race photos. It freezes when it feels like it. I‘ve reported it and also posted in the bug thread. I’m not shelving the game because, I’m enjoying how I play. It is a big deal to many that are experiencing these crashes.

It was a big deal to me. Disconnects are a big hit to SR and DR, and the way the game freezes the game is carrying on so it’s likely I hit someone else and ruined their race too.

Hey, that’s you and certainly more people, but my game crashes everyday. Many times, it doesn’t load when I boot it up first time. It freezes, many times, when I take race photos. It freezes when it feels like it. I‘ve reported it and also posted in the bug thread. I’m not shelving the game because, I’m enjoying how I play. It is a big deal to many that are experiencing these crashes.
Have you tired re-installing it? I don't think I've had any crashes but I've had a few online races not load

Have you tired re-installing it? I don't think I've had any crashes but I've had a few online races not load
Only tried to that once, when I wanted to restart(game doesn't let us start over). Again, it's annoying, but a joy killer to many experiencing these freezes.

I honestly believe GT7 is down 70% or more in daily players from launch, hence why we aren't even seeing bug-fixes... A lot of people bought it, and most of them aren't playing it. My PSN friend group has one person out of 14-15 that has been in the game in the last week; all of whom were playing daily in the first month but have since either gone back to Sport or other games. Small sample size, but I think it's pretty telling. It's the same experience I'm having, though I do still login to get my 2-5k cred roulette ticket.

Though even doing that 16min Tokyo grind 1x/day is getting harder and harder as the only thing that was really keeping me playing was grabbing new cars out of the UCD and LCD when they popped up. Both are fully cycled and I've got everything + duplicates from UCD and from the LCD everything except the XJ13, 917k, Mondial, 250 GTO, and 300SL racer. But at this point I'd be absolutely stunned if there was any content for these cars within 18mo, if ever, so I don't really even care if I miss them. Bought all the other LCD cars and aside from the F1 and Gr.4-Gr.2 cars they got an initial test drive and haven't been touched since.

Not saying I think the game WILL die; if PD is smart they've been keeping their mouths shut as they work on adding a massive single update that has enough content to tide people over for weeks or months (doubtful...) That could turn the game around drastically, but 2-3 cars and a couple of races a month isn't bringing anyone back, so if that is their plan to "save" the game as a live service I don't think it's going to work.

Unfortunately GT7 sold extremely well (at least from what we know from physical sales, though it wasn't topping Elden Ring) so it achieved a primary objective, hence nothing will be learned; expect the same copy/paste, unfinished, drip-feed live-service in GT8. Though I do expect some changes to how they approach 8 if GT7 fails to retain daily players (really wish we had Steam Charts to see the truth...) The early adopters of GT7 will know to steer clear of GT8 for at least the first year, but by then there will be an entirely new group of rubes that will buy at launch. Until Kaz is gone &/or the franchise is out of Sony's grasp, the only GT3-GT5 style of gameplay we're going to get is by dusting-off the old PS2's and PS3's. GT7 could have been the best game in the series, but they didn't want it to be great, they wanted it to be a low-investment/high return (not licensing cars/irl series and MTX's, respectively) cash-cow that constantly gives milk fo years to come.

...of which GT7 has the bolded (enough that they actively hid microtransactions from reviewers in order to solidify scores, and only introduced them after general release, and have still not taken out of the game unlike every other developer embroiled in MTX controversies) and actively relies on, considering how much of a major portion of the economy runs on gently (or blatantly) poking you to buy micro-transactions on every action that requires credits...
But is there any evidence that sales numbers don't mean anything in 2022 for GT7?

Last edited:
Back