Mid May and not even a hint of an update?

It’s a classic case of when someone repeatedly shows you what they are, you better believe it. I mean, I took my nostalgia glasses many years ago. Some still haven’t. They are small, pretty incompetent studio that never managed to transition to modern gaming. And it also seems Sony hung them out to dry in terms of finances just like all their other Japanese studios. They’re living on past glory basically. And it’s very difficult for Sony to scrap franchise that was their flag bearer for 10-15 years. It would be devastating to their brand. So now we have a game stuck in limbo with no way out really.

It's just a terribly executed idea. The music 100% over powers the sound of the car. And the songs beat has nothing to do with the track your racing on. It's just an awkward experience.

This is what I look like playing music rally in my Fanatec setup. I can't help but laugh every time I try it.
View attachment 1151000
It's not terribly executed for the newcomers or casuals who play on a pad and aren't the hardcore sim playerbase though...

Like the entire mode is designed around new folks and casuals, people who don't care that the music overpowers the engine sounds.

It's the classic arcade setup kinda like the Crusin' and Outrun series. Here's a car, here's a track, you go as fast as possible until the time runs out or you finish the stage - in this case the stage end is the end of the song, and you gotta try to cover as much distance as possible in that time.

It's the classic arcade setup kinda like the Crusin' and Outrun series. Here's a car, here's a track, you go as fast as possible until the time runs out or you finish the stage - in this case the stage end is the end of the song, and you gotta try to cover as much distance as possible in that time.
Is it though? We're being forced to use a specific car, while listening to some god awful music. If we had some choices, my opinion on the mode would be different. It's why I say it's poorly executed. It seems like an after thought. Which is most likely why it got it's own mode at the start screen.

Lets be honest. Music Rally is not justified. It doesn't make any practical sense. Sounds pretentious, no pun intended. And the worst thing is to put Music Rally as an alternative apart from the Game Map, as if it were some incredible and deep alternative to the game.
I seriously think they did that so they could just delete it after everybody complains about it lol

The Human Comedy is 8 hours alone.

And is of absolutely no further relevance 8 hours later. But, please, do go on.
Mission races are about 4 hours, I did not include them because there is no speed run that includes them.
We're going to return to this.
All the Circuit experience races combined are a little under 3 and a half hours if you manage to get bronze on all of them . There are 43 of them, I won't even include the sectors, just the one lap alone.

The DLC races add in over 5 hours of content unless you tomahawk it and then it adds in around just under 3 hours ( but no speed running is allowed so lets default to 6 hours)
But your entire argument is, for whatever reason, predicated on speedrunning. And like it or not, using the Tomahawk is singlehandedly the most efficient way of completing races where it's "permitted" for use. So, no, let's not default to 6 hours because, once again, you rushed in to the discussion with speedrunning in-tow. That's the wagon you've hitched yourself. It's yours now.
Also Speedrunning in Gramturismo is not the same as speed running Elden ring, that is a moronic thing to say . No one is skipping 95% of the game in GranTurismo, It's being played as intended.
And this is where we're going to return to a prior statement made up above:
Mission races are about 4 hours, I did not include them because there is no speed run that includes them.
If there is no speedrun that includes them, it means they are being skipped because it isn't pertinent to game completion, unless the speedrun attempt is for 100% completion. Though, as you've pointed out a few times now, you're talking about any % runs, thus, the game is not being played as intended. :lol:
GT 7 has more endurance races than GT1-3 as of today as well .
I'll give you this one, but I'd actually like the levy the same response at you that you levied at me when I originally said this:
One of the 24H races in GT4 is legitimately longer than the time it takes to complete GT7's campaign.
To which you replied, verbatim:
24-hour races are literally padding though.
Is it not padding the count to include 11 one-and-done endurance events that provide absolutely no further incentive once completed the first time around?
But yes let's compare GT7 to GT4, which divides the game up x 3 by region, clone copy-paste events.

GT 1-6 don't allow you to make your own endurance races ( i can make 24-hour endurance races on over 90 layouts in gt7).
But you know, polyphony has to make a special box or it's not content.
Creating your own races should, in an ideal situation, present itself as an addition to the game, not as a solution to a problem no other mainline GT game is burdened with. GT Sport in its current state has more races, and this was made after the fact. So what's the excuse there?

Let me gaze into my crystal ball!

The next update will be either next Tuesday, May 24th, or the week after that, on the 31st. We'll see the silhouettes - that is, if any cars come in this next update - either the preceding Sunday or Monday. Watch this post!

Right now if we expect nothing we won't be disappointed when no updates come:lol: PD has shown time and time again that they don't want to communicate with their fans so that we can have an idea of what to expect. People are referencing how they did updates for GT Sport but we have no idea if they will do the same thing. So expect nothing and you won't be disappointed!

sigh Regardless of what everyone here thinks of Music Rally...

Um, yeah, I will admit that the sudden silence from PD has been a bit worrying, especially with news regarding the GTWS this year. Are they still going with the live events or what?

But as said already, it's PD after all. When have they not been silent in the past decade?

kjb
Right now if we expect nothing we won't be disappointed when no updates come:lol: PD has shown time and time again that they don't want to communicate with their fans so that we can have an idea of what to expect. People are referencing how they did updates for GT Sport but we have no idea if they will do the same thing. So expect nothing and you won't be disappointed!
In State of Play, they confirmed updates in cars, tracks and so in the the lifecycle .
And as they stated „April“ update at update, it makes sense we get a may update and so on

This game needs more time, like at least a year of content. It's an empty game and an outdated studio. We want this game to be good because of our passion for GT. Though, I'm realistic and I don't expect anything from Poly. I'm just disappointed.
After the good sells, everything will be perfect at Sony and PD, so I don’t think anything will change in the near future.
Problem is, there actually is no really direct competitor for GT, which could make them the business difficult.

Last edited:
In State of Play, they confirmed updates in cars, tracks and so in the the lifecycle .
And as they stated „April“ update at update, it makes sense we get a may update and so on
Why GT3 with less cars is a more "complete" game than GT7? It's not a matter of assets. The core of GT7 is bad. Tbh, I think this game will look like a patchwork after many updates. A race here, another event there but no feeling of cohesive events.

It's not terribly executed for the newcomers or casuals who play on a pad and aren't the hardcore sim playerbase though...
Even on a pad though, the game mode is literally just a checkpoint mode. Just call it that and roll it into the Driving Missions and call it a day, instead of separating it into its own thing and forcing people to play it when they first boot up the game?

nothing screams sincerity like a month-old message claiming to be a live-service game. it’s really funny that they’re gonna persist in calling it that.
I never even noticed that, but that's hilarious. Definitely a live service game.

Even Battlefield 1, when I was playing it before 2042 dropped, a game released in 2017 it should be noted, had splash screens for various 2042 trailers and news bites when you got into the game after launching it. In 2021. What excuse does Polyphony have in not even updating their news tab?

When have they not been silent in the past decade?
If they truly want this to be a live service game, then that by definition demands more regular updates then Polyphony have ever given, and showing off content in a much more effective way then a bunch of silhouettes posted on the creator's personal Twitter account. And what they have been doing is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Let me gaze into my crystal ball!

The next update will be either next Tuesday, May 24th, or the week after that, on the 31st. We'll see the silhouettes - that is, if any cars come in this next update - either the preceding Sunday or Monday. Watch this post!
That’s why I recommended wait till the 23rd and then, we’ll see the pitchfork brigade posting in tandem.

That’s why I recommended wait till the 23rd and then, we’ll see the pitchfork brigade posting in tandem.
I think Sony are struggling to sell gran trisomo 7 because it now being sold for £30.99 on game and on Amazon

I have looked again it is 49 pounds on Amazon gr trisomo 7

I think Sony are struggling to sell gran trisomo 7 because it now being sold for £30.99 on game and on Amazon
They evidently are not, going by some people using sales chart numbers to posit that anyone rightfully pointing out the problems the game has had being damaging to the brand and it ranking high on the sales charts.

But sales chart numbers mean jack in 2022 - what matters significantly more is player numbers, specifically daily numbers and how long they are playing. I doubt that those get released in any form that isn't more flattering to GT7, because I guarantee that there's been pretty significant bleeding of players, especially considering private lobbies being absolutely garbage and how there's very few changes to the core of Sport Mode compared to GTS to really bother at this stage. After courting online only players with a pseudo-iRacing experience for so long, you're now basically going to tell them to pound sand? Now you're forced to rely on single player only players, and considering the lack of content and issues still plaguing the game, I imagine a fair few players on that front have shelved the game too.

This is what is also so weird about Music Rally - what makes it so unique that it needs to be it's own separate thing, beside the main portion of the game in the initial start up menu, when it could have easily been it's own category within the Driving Missions?

If they had made it 16-bit style graphics with stylised renditions of the tracks so it aped the checkpoint nature of 80s/early 90s racers then it might have been an enjoyable romp - until the novelty wore off. It's just a bit bland in its current state.

VXR
If they had made it 16-bit style graphics with stylised renditions of the tracks so it aped the checkpoint nature of 80s/early 90s racers then it might have been an enjoyable romp - until the novelty wore off. It's just a bit bland in its current state.
And thus is the Catch 22 - the entire premise of Music Rally, as it stands now, is more or less a novelty. It was never going to have long term interest either then as something that serves only completionists (because that is all Music Rally offers at this very moment, and even then) yet because it was advertised in the lead up to the game's release (and, it should be noted, very vaguely and opaquely, a typical hallmark of Polyphony trying to sell what ostensibly is fluff features better served as back of the box material then actual features) it means it has an elevated importance in comparison to what it actually is.

Sure, they might 'add onto it' later. But how much, and for how long? Because like the ghosts of so many other features like it in GT's history since 5, I doubt Polyphony has much interest in continuing making Music Rally scenarios if they're going to continue going over like the lead balloon it is.

They evidently are not, going by some people using sales chart numbers to posit that anyone rightfully pointing out the problems the game has had being damaging to the brand and it ranking high on the sales charts.

But sales chart numbers mean jack in 2022 - what matters significantly more is player numbers, specifically daily numbers and how long they are playing. I doubt that those get released in any form that isn't more flattering to GT7, because I guarantee that there's been pretty significant bleeding of players, especially considering private lobbies being absolutely garbage and how there's very few changes to the core of Sport Mode compared to GTS to really bother at this stage. After courting online only players with a pseudo-iRacing experience for so long, you're now basically going to tell them to pound sand? Now you're forced to rely on single player only players, and considering the lack of content and issues still plaguing the game, I imagine a fair few players on that front have shelved the game too.
I will as well soon and go back to gran trisomo spirt

I think their channels and review scores should remain bombarded until they define “live service”. It’s not irrational, quite frankly I don’t think they’ve done much to fix the problems of the actual game.
Oh, I’m speaking on posters that come out at night. We don’t see their posts until an update ”window” is “missed”. They stay sleep until then. ;)

Where are you seeing those prices?
Screenshot_20220517-221125_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220517-221009_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Online Game are selling it for full-price at the moment, perhaps it was just a loss-leader to get people into stores. All the indications are that it is selling very well.

But sales chart numbers mean jack in 2022 - what matters significantly more is player numbers, specifically daily numbers and how long they are playing.
They're important for games that rely on microtransactions or subscriptions, but for a game that sells as much as GT they're probably not as significant.

Last edited:
Back