Midfield GT4 to GT6 comparison and changes thread!

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 67 comments
United States
California
Sk8er913
Differences between GT4 and and GT6 Midfield. Help me compile a list.

heres a video to help compare the tracks

If you were curious about how midfield changed over time, here you go. :)

GT4- coming into the tight bend on GT4 there is a set of stands on the right.
gt4.png
GT6- coming into the tight bend on GT6 there is a set of tents with chairs under it on the right.
midfield-raceway-gt6-2-640x360.jpg

GT4
- The start finish line is simple and boring.
GT6- has a nice looking arch.
GT4- Outside at end of turn one is grass
gt42.png
GT6- Outside at end of turn one is paved
midfield-raceway-gt6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Differences between GT4 and and GT6 Midfield. Help me compile a list.
GT4- coming into the tight bend on GT4 there is a set of stands on the right.
View attachment 315810
GT6- coming into the tight bend on GT6 there is a set of tents with chairs under it on the right.
View attachment 315811

GT4- The start finish line is simple and boring.
GT6- has a nice looking arch.
#1 is a little incorrect. GT4 is chicane after turn 1, GT6 is chicane before final hairpin

#1 is a little incorrect. GT4 is chicane after turn 1, GT6 is chicane before final hairpin
No GT4 is the chicane before final hairpin. :) I screenshoted it from the video. There's a mini map. :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/midfield-raceway-gt6-1.jpg

Does everyone agree with me that this is after turn one headed to the chicane?

I dont know how to interpret these.
https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/midfield-raceway-gt6-4.jpg
https://www.gtplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/midfield-raceway-gt6-5.jpg

Last edited:
Or the OP could have waited until the track is actually out as opposed to jumping the gun, A few screens wont show you everything so this thread could have waited.

Am I the only one who finds this pic confusing?

midfield-raceway-gt6-8.jpg

We can see the main straight on the right side and the road going up on the left, BUT, where is that road going?
On the old versions you would drive up and over the hill to get to the main straight, and go under that hill at the start of the track.

For some reason that pic gives me vibe that they have reversed the over/under pass.

We can see the main straight on the right side and the road going up on the left, BUT, where is that road going?
On the old versions you would drive up and over the hill to get to the main straight, and go under that hill at the start of the track.

For some reason that pic gives me vibe that they have reversed the over/under pass.

I'm intrigaded by this picture too. Perhaps they could have done a midfield extended version?

I'm intrigaded by this picture too. Perhaps they could have done a midfield extended version?

It was like that in GT4(and maybe in all titles):

You can see the part of that pic, at 0:27, and you can see the bridge at 0:51. You are going uphill after the first corner, and then downhill after the tunnel.

The picture makes it appear that the road is heading back towards the same direction as start/finish line instead of going straight like the previous versions did, it appears to be a slight change from the original layout.

I think it's much more of a tighter turn over the bridge before it turns back to the left.

If I recall correctly, although you went over a crest you actually passed under a bridge and out onto the main straight, in accordance with the image.

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll get the GT2 / GT3 / GTC Layout or GT4 / TT / GT PSP one's of Midfield raceway?
From the information we havve, I'm confident in saying.
Its a slightly modified retouched GT4 or a completely new one... In OP we see turn one with curbing on the exit of turn one. Which is not in GT4. The archs/bridge people have been posting. is the same as gt4. The chicane and harpin appear the same. The only thing I'm not comfortable says is where those underground shots were taken.

From the information we havve, I'm confident in saying.
Its a slightly modified retouched GT4 or a completely new one... In OP we see turn one with curbing on the exit of turn one. Which is not in GT4. The archs/bridge people have been posting. is the same as gt4. The chicane and harpin appear the same. The only thing I'm not comfortable says is where those underground shots were taken.
Good, I preferred the GT4 edition. Maybe because I drove it a little more

The real question is whether the rock skulls are still there at the entrance to the first tunnel. Or am I the only one who saw that?

I can't wait to race Karts on this.

If I recall correctly, although you went over a crest you actually passed under a bridge and out onto the main straight, in accordance with the image.
Its probably just to show that awesome view you get from there down to the straight.

Looks like it may have more elevation change than the GT4 version? I don't remember the bridge being that high above the start/finish straight.

Edit: Nevermind, just watched another video of the GT4 version. My memory failed me.

For what I've seen, Midfield is tuned up, but not ....ed up ! The sense of speed, hight and length is just the same as I can remember from gt4 and 3. 👍

Thank you PD on this occasion :bowdown:
(But you still don't understand the need for modification and identification about the painted spoilers though).

There are no more cows, on the hill off turn 3..#sad

Jokes apart, the track is much more detailed(ex:food court on tunnel), but the layout looks identical as GT4, i am basicly using the same lines.

Back