Midfield GT4 to GT6 comparison and changes thread!

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 67 comments
I never realized at that time, but GT2's "aged texture" on the start/finish straight's walls really adds a lot of character to the track. From GT3 onwards Polyphony tracks have always looked too clean for me. It's not bad, but it doesn't give the feeling of a commonly used racetrack. It's like the shiny but soulless Tilkedromes compared to the battle worned classics like Monza/Spa/Suzuka of the real world.

MGR
ZYTanoe.jpg
Meme thread, now! Lol :D
latest

I never realized at that time, but GT2's "aged texture" on the start/finish straight's walls really adds a lot of character to the track. From GT3 onwards Polyphony tracks have always looked too clean for me. It's not bad, but it doesn't give the feeling of a commonly used racetrack. It's like the shiny but soulless Tilkedromes compared to the battle worned classics like Monza/Spa/Suzuka of the real world.
This could be due to this Mid-field being entirely brand new compared to the old place. Gives it a more "Just been opened" feel.

Am I the only one who finds this pic confusing?

midfield-raceway-gt6-8.jpg

We can see the main straight on the right side and the road going up on the left, BUT, where is that road going?
On the old versions you would drive up and over the hill to get to the main straight, and go under that hill at the start of the track.

For some reason that pic gives me vibe that they have reversed the over/under pass.

Nope. It's always been like that. Just before the long left sweeper right after the overcross, the track is gradually going downhill, even in the sweeper itself. It can be barely noticeable at first, but that's what is happening. Just before the hairpin, the road dips down slightly more. The final hairpin is the lowest part of the course. The highest point is just before the sweeper (in the tunnel).

In the comparison video (the one that compares the GT2, GT3, GT4, and GT6 versions), you'll see the overpass you race on at about 1:26 into the video quite high up.

I was confused at first in GT3 (didn't think much about it in GT2), but after learning the track, I learned where all the inclines and declines were.

I hope I explained it well enough.

This could be due to this Mid-field being entirely brand new compared to the old place. Gives it a more "Just been opened" feel.

If that's the case, the Midfield in GT2 should have been super shiny since it's the first time the track has been in the series. I guess you could say that they "refurbished" the facilities in GT6, so that's why all the walls look new. In any case, it would be cool if the tracks progressively get dirtier as you progress through the game.

Back