MIDFIELD RACEWAY IS BACK!!! + Painted Mazda LM55 and Chapparal 2X!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 633 comments
I agree, part of the charm of SSR5 to me was that it was a night course only. I feel like it wouldn't feel the same anymore if daytime was possible.

Though, I wouldn't mind having weather change possible for SSR5. That way, we could race on a wet version of the track just like in Gran Turismo 3.

I have thought about this, and I do agree that part of the charm of the SSR tracks is the night racing element. But, if they were to put in a time change, I would like to see it limited to sunset to sunrise. It would make for an interesting endurance race, imo.

What contradiction?:lol: <<<obligatory smiley so as not to offend.

First you say, "one track does not a trend make" and now today you are saying, "With the update to Autumn Ring and the re-release of Apricot Hill and the release of Sierra, it was a pretty safe bet that they'd re-release other tracks as time goes by."

Looks contradicting to me. :odd: But then again, you know me, I'm always trying to start stuff. :lol: Sorry, I may have "jimipitbull syndrome" :mischievous: :lol:

First you say, "one track does not a trend make" and now today you are saying, "With the update to Autumn Ring and the re-release of Apricot Hill and the release of Sierra, it was a pretty safe bet that they'd re-release other tracks as time goes by."

Looks contradicting to me. :odd: But then again, you know me, I'm always trying to start stuff. :lol: Sorry, I may have "jimipitbull syndrome" :mischievous: :lol:
Then you missed the context of both replies. One is in response to whether the inclusion of an updated PD original track is surprising, the other is about whether the inclusion of an updated Midfield is an indication that PD is listening and directly responding to popular requests. Hopefully that clears up your confusion :lol: <<<gratuitous smiley.

I suspect there will probably not be many more new tracks from this point going forward, after PD fulfills it's commitment to the course maker, it’s going to be heavily focus on GT7, only keeping up with seasonal events and VGT cars.

Then you missed the context of both replies. One is in response to whether the inclusion of an updated PD original track is surprising, the other is about whether the inclusion of an updated Midfield is an indication that PD is listening and directly responding to popular requests. Hopefully that clears up your confusion :lol: <<<gratuitous smiley.
Ah, well in that case "one track does not a trend make" seems to be overly selective, when demands extend beyond just tracks. For example, one other pertinent piece of evidence is the "irritating B-Spec AI" being mentioned. That's two things, so it's a pretty safe be that they are listening. ;)

Of course, it remains to be seen precisely how PD have addressed the requests in practice. But Midfield seems pretty safe.

Also, Somewhere in GT5 Acura NSX trailer showed a part of seattle circuit.

While I don't think that trailer is an automatic indicator of some kind, it is interesting to point out that both trailers have featured tracks that made it in (the first one had the previously unknown SSRX and the second one had Apricot hill, which ended up in GT6).

Not really. With the update to Autumn Ring and the re-release of Apricot Hill and the release of Sierra, it was a pretty safe bet that they'd re-release other tracks as time goes by. It's a win-win for them in other ways too. No licensing fees, no laser scanning, no real-life comparisons, no real life structures to match up, the nostalgia factor etc. Basically it's a cheap and easy way to churn out tracks quicker, with less resources and the diehards that are still playing the game want it. The surprising part is that they aren't churning these types of tracks out more often.

Very well. Excuse me for my ignorance. At the time Apricot Hill did not come into my mind when I posted my previous message. I just hope next that Red Rock Valley, Rome Night, Rome City Course, The Original Test course surrounded by mountains & woods, Grindelwald, Seattle etc will be back in future Gran Turismo games.

Ah, well in that case "one track does not a trend make" seems to be overly selective, when demands extend beyond just tracks. For example, one other pertinent piece of evidence is the "irritating B-Spec AI" being mentioned. That's two things, so it's a pretty safe be that they are listening. ;)

Of course, it remains to be seen precisely how PD have addressed the requests in practice. But Midfield seems pretty safe.
The AI are the worst in all of sim racing, I would hardly draw the conclusion that an improvement to the AI is because of fan complaints:lol::lol::lol:. They have nowhere to go but up:idea:

I suspect there will probably not be many more new tracks from this point going forward, after PD fulfills it's commitment to the course maker, it’s going to be heavily focus on GT7, only keeping up with seasonal events and VGT cars.

I was wondering this, but I think they have to do something to keep interest in the game alive during the release period for forthcoming VGT's, or else the manufacturers that have yet to release their concepts will be loosing out - it'll make PD look pretty terrible. They could knock out another couple of original tracks, each with a couple of VGT's at a time to ensure that lot's of people log in to download the VGT updates. They've got to keep some hype going until the VGT project is complete.. course maker is now the only other thing outstanding.

It still just isn't the same, SSR5 works the way it does because its a night track.

To all guys talking about daytime ssr5. You forgot about this glitch http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=73492773

Never seen this. Thanks for posting. The track does look nice during the day with the glitch. However, there needs to be more trackside objects, such as banners and grandstands, in order to look right. It looks very bland, since it was originally intended for night racing only, and the need for it was not there.

I think its confirmed to have the reverse layout too.
I can't recall anything being said about that. the news article doesn't say anything about it.

Can't wait to try kart racing on it though. :D I've always wondered what it would feel like going under the massive bridge over the final turn in such a small vehicle. Heck, I always felt tiny going under it in a normal car.

Don't all original tracks have both forward and reverse layouts. Having weather and time change would not make it any different. Real world tracks do not have the reverse layouts

Don't all original tracks have both forward and reverse layouts. Having weather and time change would not make it any different. Real world tracks do not have the reverse layouts
No, only Apricot Hill, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, Autumn Ring Mini, Eiger Nordwand Short, High Speed Ring and Trial Mountain.

If I recall, its only all of the classic originals. The latest PS3 era ones, apart from Eiger, don't.

Back