• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 117 comments

Turbo Lag

Premium
Australia
Melbourne
Thanks for the banner, Robin.

Getting Started

Before you start anything, please add me on PSN. My PSN is "GTP_turbolag". If you do not add me, you might not be invited to the game. It's also advisable to add some others who are coming too.

Where is the meetup point?

I will wait at the green place marked on the map. We will use different places for later meetups.

What will we do?

Cruise, races, etc. Still deciding.

The most important thing - When?

8AM GMT, Saturday. Please check your times.

The way of communication/Common Rules/Common Sense

Here are the set of rules and other things which you'll need to abide by when you're cruising with everyone.

- No Ramming on purpose.
- No aggressive driving while cruising (Which means, you can drive however you like in the races)
- No throttle trick on races (Those of you who I have told about or know about the throttle trick, you'll know what I mean.)

If a member of the group suddenly disappears, please stop on the side of the road (don't brake check..) until I invite them back. It would also be helpful if you could invite them back too.

Don't bring unfair cars in races. Please change to a car comparable which I (GTP_Turbolag) will be in. If I'm in an RS4, please don't bring a 240SX unless that's your only car. Bring comparable cars to keep things close. It's ok to bring an exotic if you have one, but cruising won't really be fun with it. Class C-B-A cars are probably going to be the most popular.

On any road, if I speed up instantly don't speed up yourself. I'm simply trying to point out an upcoming route for everyone to take. I might allocate someone else if they're up for it to help me with this.

We will also take turns to lead during the cruise. The time limit will be 5minutes per player. Please have a clock nearby or something to time with when it's your turn. The attendance list order is the order we will be taking turns in, so andrew will be up first. I will send a PSN Message saying "turn" to you, that is the key to lead. Don't reply to this message. Remember, after your 5 minutes is up, please park and let the next person take over.

Some keys to leading -

- Don't go too fast
- If someone falls behind, wait up for them, don't stop but slow your speed
- Don't take unknown and hard to find shortcuts and paths unless everyone can clearly tell you're going there
- Have a small gap between you (the leader) and everyone else. This makes it easy for people following

After everyone has had a go, I will take over again and we'll start with the races.

About photos, sometimes I might park in a spot or try and line everyone up. This is your key to line up, you will then line up in a orderly fashion. Let me be on the very end, since it'll be easier to capture everyone in the photo.

Everyone is expected to use common sense during the cruise, and gentlemanly behaviour is expected.

The Attendance List

Turbo Lag
andrewyhy
Dragonistic
Robin.
legendary724
Paulie
Pepsi0
Lofasz
GilesGuthrie
JonesyGT246
Stavingo
lildomplaya

I'll be sending out a PM tonight to everyone who will probably come.

Remember you can bring any car you like, just make it fairer in the races. We don't want to have Saleens racing Camaros now do we? Use your common sense.

That's it everyone, any questions, suggestions or comments just post here!

Last edited:
The thing I concern most is the time where the meetup hold. 'cause I can't go online at night as my family needs to watch TV every night. :( So the latest time I can manage is until 8:30pm (Hong Kong time, GMT +8). But I've got day-offs on Tuesdays. :D

You can't have a meet thread without the banner TL!..... copy the whole first post from the previous thread and just paste it in... it was good the way it was laid out (where we meet, what time etc). Actually I don't get what was wrong with keeping it all in one thread but oh well...

As for this meet I think the time for meet 2 was perfect (8:00am GMT).

This time we should have a flag match on the beach (smaller area and easier to understand) and an all 69' Camaro race. Just some recommendations..👍

Robin.

Don't worry guys, I'll have the first post updated in a while. I'm just a tad busy right now, I'm setting up a Live Chat for my site :D

Infact, It'll be better if people can message me privately. If you have MSN, send me and add, no_one_knows_leon@hotmail.com

Then I could take more suggestions etc. Thanks.

Problem with that is that we cant discuss straight off the post when it is emailed to you.

May I recommend we meet at the carpark on the beach? IMO we should choose some place wide open. At the lookout it was hard to see everyone's cars properly because it was too cramped. Still was a cool place to meet though.:sly:

May I recommend we meet at the carpark on the beach? IMO we should choose some place wide open. At the lookout it was hard to see everyone's cars properly because it was too cramped. Still was a cool place to meet though.:sly:

Car park on the beach would be a good one 👍 We should do a star pattern with the cars! :sly:

I just got the game, after spending a week in LA last week. I'll look for you guys in PSN. I love driving flat out on the LA freeways. Mulholland drive isn't bad either.

Car park on the beach would be a good one 👍 We should do a star pattern with the cars! :sly:

I've taken those into consideration. We'll meetup at the carpark where I've mentioned then move off to the beach as soon as everyone arrives.

I think I know that carpark, nice choice. Hopefully it will be day time, you can't see the other cars well at night.:ouch:

Would really love to join again but this week i'll be in bahrain racing the 2nd round of the speedcar series!
Wish all a great and fun time and hope that i can join meet #4

Chris

It seems like you guys are organizing meetups every weekend. :)
If I can't attend this week, I do hope to join again in the next one! 👍

I think I know that carpark, nice choice. Hopefully it will be day time, you can't see the other cars well at night.:ouch:

You can choose between night and day. I usually choose dynamic, so there'll be a bit of both.

Would really love to join again but this week i'll be in bahrain racing the 2nd round of the speedcar series!
Wish all a great and fun time and hope that i can join meet #4

Chris

Good luck racing, hope to see you in the next meetup. 👍

Oook, I compiled a map of possible meeting points. I'm scrapping the carpark idea, let's see what everyone thinks.

Just post on the thread which colour point you'd like to meet at. Right after though, we'll all be going to the beach.

Last edited:
I'd have to go and check all those places out to see what kind of "vibe" they give out.:sly:

Well they all give a different feel at different times of day. Giles was on with me before, and he suggested some places too. They're in the map too.

It seemed on the first meet that everyone treated Turbo Lag as the leader. I think this is a sensible idea, and I've had a thought on developing this for setting up races.

1. Group parks somewhere.
2. Turbo Lag gives a signal (perhaps a doughnut), and then changes to the car for the race
3. Other competitors change car in keeping with the car Turbo Lag has changed to. (In other words, don't take the Lambo when he's in a Focus)
4. Turbo Lag waits for all competitors to change cars, then sends the race challenge.

I was talking to him earlier, and he has computer access while at the PS3 (mine are in different rooms), so can marshall the event.

I think that there should be a published agenda for a meet as well, as this would help people to understand what's happening at the minute, and what's going to happen next.

Capture the Flag games are awesome!

During the first meet me and turbo had constant communication at all times through MSN, thats how it was all configured together with me and him swapping the lead role throughout :P

Last meeting time was fair to everyone I reckon, although some people might have to put this first priority because the times were a bit odd. Remember, I can't do much if your time can't fit properly.

I'm going to try and organise some races, since most of us have 69' Camaros, I think we'll use those unless there's another car which everyone has (or can buy).

It seemed on the first meet that everyone treated Turbo Lag as the leader. I think this is a sensible idea, and I've had a thought on developing this for setting up races.

1. Group parks somewhere.
2. Turbo Lag gives a signal (perhaps a doughnut), and then changes to the car for the race
3. Other competitors change car in keeping with the car Turbo Lag has changed to. (In other words, don't take the Lambo when he's in a Focus)
4. Turbo Lag waits for all competitors to change cars, then sends the race challenge.

I was talking to him earlier, and he has computer access while at the PS3 (mine are in different rooms), so can marshall the event.

I think that there should be a published agenda for a meet as well, as this would help people to understand what's happening at the minute, and what's going to happen next.

Capture the Flag games are awesome!

Sounds good.:) Thanks for getting us a forum too.:dopey: One last thing, I'm horrible at capture the flag games.:lol:

Ok, now I'll need to get a list going of people planning to come. Not going to post why at the moment, still a decision yet to be made.

Back