Midnight Club GTP-Meetup 4

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 111 comments
I'm so, very glad that I'm here right now. We were the victims of a blackout in Melbourne, and trust me, nobody would know here what it feels like to be with no power in around 50C heat. I thought I wouldn't be able to make it today, with no way of telling you guys. It's been absolute hell here, the whole city is in crisis. Power companies are randomly turning off the power to houses all over the area, it's a major pain in the ass. I should be able to make it, but the nets still a bit slow but I'm thankful it's working. I'll see you guys at the meet.

PS. If I'm not there, it means power is out again.

I'm so, very glad that I'm here right now. We were the victims of a blackout in Melbourne, and trust me, nobody would know here what it feels like to be with no power in around 50C heat. I thought I wouldn't be able to make it today, with no way of telling you guys. It's been absolute hell here, the whole city is in crisis. Power companies are randomly turning off the power to houses all over the area, it's a major pain in the ass. I should be able to make it, but the nets still a bit slow but I'm thankful it's working. I'll see you guys at the meet.

PS. If I'm not there, it means power is out again.

40C+ heat? Welcome to average QLD weather.:P We've had it sort of OK this Summer though, except the constant rain makes it VERY muggy.

Seems your the stupid one, NO really clear post saying that, no PM saying that and the thread title doesnt say. I read the stuff on the previous page that you added to the first post so I didnt bother reading the first post. :P.

Seems your the stupid one, NO really clear post saying that, no PM saying that and the thread title doesnt say. I read the stuff on the previous page that you added to the first post so I didnt bother reading the first post. :P.

Well I didn't send a PM, I had much more important things to think about actually. Does the PM matter anyway? Do I really care that you read the times wrong? :)

You should. What could be more important than organising an event properly? Sureley you could get someone else to do it for you, nevermind any way, I know now.

You should. What could be more important than organising an event properly? Sureley you could get someone else to do it for you, nevermind any way, I know now.

Yes, well it's a bit hard to post on GTP when you have no power. My power actually cut off just before I was about to type the PM (Believe it or not). :)

Great cruise you guys. I was DomSupra in the meet on my MCLA account. Great drag race legendary...Very close with the Vette to Vette. I was going to hop on the Saleen S3, but game froze on me. Looking forward to the next one!

I had a close race with giles in the ford focus. Overall good cruise and thanks for giving me the points to unlock group 3 cars. I now have an rx-7:).

Great cruise folks. I particularly enjoyed watching you all jumping behind me. For the record, I wasn't battling Legendary - I don't even think my connection showed me hitting him!

I took some pics, which I'll post later. Once I figure it out! The camera I'd obviously a cheap digital: the shutter lag was completely random, so most of the drag pics got binned.

Catch you next time, and thanks for organising Leon

It was great this time around. I'm still waiting for that PM for Legendarynoobcake :lol:

So, who's up for a Meetup 5? Tell me if anyone's interested and another thread will be started.

Last edited:
I hate Rockstar, that's 2 meets in a row now I haven't been able to connect. Not that my connection has been great today anyway. Not to mention all the issues the game itself has. When everything's running perfect it's a good game, but let's be realistic, it's not running perfectly very often.....

Pretty sure that was Jonesy's 👍

I think the order is from left to right,

Giles, Andrew, Sunny, Legendarycakes, Robin, Jonesy, Me.

I was not here in the last photo :guilty:
Can anyone upload the carpark meeting photos ?
Becoz i cannot take photos , so ..hope anyone
can upload the photos here :sly:

It was great this time around. I'm still waiting for that PM for Legendarynoobcake :lol:

So, who's up for a Meetup 5? Tell me if anyone's interested and another thread will be started.

I want to play the drag race again
Very nice and i love the feel :dopey::dopey:

Pics of the original meet point:

c4-meetpic1.jpg

c4-meetpic2.jpg

c4-meetpic3.jpg

The downtown lineup:

c4-downtownlineup.jpg

And from the drag racing:

c4-dragpic2.jpg

From the perspective of a photographer, lining everyone up in the dark or shade isn't fantastic! Next meet we should look to use the light from the sun.

c4-meetpic1.jpg

c4-meetpic2.jpg

c4-meetpic3.jpg

The downtown lineup:

c4-downtownlineup.jpg

c4-dragpic2.jpg

From the perspective of a photographer, lining everyone up in the dark or shade isn't fantastic! Next meet we should look to use the light from the sun.

Yea ...Thanks a lot bro :sly:
I can see my cop car :lol:

c4-meetpic1.jpg

c4-meetpic2.jpg

c4-meetpic3.jpg

The downtown lineup:

c4-downtownlineup.jpg

c4-dragpic2.jpg

Nice pics there Giles! 👍
I do have a question though, how come my white APEX RX-7 was without any vinyls on it?! :odd:

well, if I remember correctly, the 350Z standing right next to my RX-7 should be Jonesy's and the black Vette next to you was Dom's. 'Cause Sunny got disconnected before the photo shoot. ;)

This meetup was really fun indeed! I enjoy cruising around in a line with all of you. :cheers:
Maybe we could speed up a little bit to around 100+mph next time. :D

If the next meetup stays at the same time of Saturday, I'm afraid I couldn't make it (got work scheduled on every Saturday except this week :grumpy:).

Great meetup as always. We had a lot of random fun, including demolition derbies, keep away, and cops 'n robbers.

Nice pics there Giles! 👍
I do have a question though, how come my white APEX RX-7 was without any vinyls on it?! :odd:

Thanks. My editing was limited to levels and saturation, so it wasn't me! Perhaps it just dropped some of the vinyls because of bandwidth. I don't know though.

Back