Midnight Racing Club - GT500 Season 3: CANCELLED DUE TO ONLINE BUG

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoopamanLuva
  • 351 comments
  • 19,298 views
I dont blame you soopa, im gonna do the same if they dont fix it.
 
Hopefully it will be fixed by next month... I hope so i will be able to set up a GT500 & LM season too.. I have been planning one. I decided to postpone my season too.. Oh well
 
There's an update coming out end of month , we just have to wait .
 
There's an update coming out end of month , we just have to wait .

I'm doubtful if they are even aware of this, and if they are nobody really knows if it can be fixed.

What has really surprised me is how little the whole GT5 community in general care about it. I would've thought there would be a massive amount of complaining about it and Kaz tweeting about it but there just isn't, the thread doesn't have much responses and people are still posting about wanting different tracks and cars and not much else.

Really hope I'm wrong though and they can fix it.
 
TyrrellRacing
I'm doubtful if they are even aware of this, and if they are nobody really knows if it can be fixed.

What has really surprised me is how little the whole GT5 community in general care about it. I would've thought there would be a massive amount of complaining about it and Kaz tweeting about it but there just isn't, the thread doesn't have much responses and people are still posting about wanting different tracks and cars and not much else.

Really hope I'm wrong though and they can fix it.

What i am talking about is the server issues since the 2.02 update like the map loads but nothing else 50/50 chance you will be able to start races and this not happen.
 
I'm doubtful if they are even aware of this, and if they are nobody really knows if it can be fixed.

What has really surprised me is how little the whole GT5 community in general care about it. I would've thought there would be a massive amount of complaining about it and Kaz tweeting about it but there just isn't, the thread doesn't have much responses and people are still posting about wanting different tracks and cars and not much else.

Really hope I'm wrong though and they can fix it.

Couldn't have said it better myself, I also want new tracks and cars. But I want it in a game I can play online with!
 
I think most people don't encounter this problem because they don't participate in dedicated league races .

If your just a casual online gamer there is no way you are going to notice this issue .

Let's hope that the next update sorts it out .
 
We experienced the same problems you have in our mixed class league. We tried every different room setting to try and fix the problem. Seems like the only way to race now is in a public lobby, fixed host with no mics. We meet in my lounge with mics on, BS for 30 mins with some practice, I get a head count and then set up the public lobby. Hope this helps you guys out because I have a feeling PD/Sony aren't going to address the problem
 
Soopa I'm a bit disappointed you have given up without us trying at first .

Considering I have never experienced this issue in our league we are jumping the gun a bit in just quitting before we even have our pre season race .

I understand how you feel though , I just thought maybe you would give it a try .
 
As I stated before I have experienced the bug in this league, at the time I put it down to my lack of practise or having a bad day, but to be off my own practise pace by seconds is a bit odd and that happened to me several times toward the end of last season. I know I'm not the most consistent/skilled driver but I usually clock times within .5...

Season 3 probably would've been my last anyway as I have other games to play and there are more coming out this year, I've had a good run with GT5 having played it for about a year, time to hang up my racing gear until GT6 so I'll see you all in 2025 :)
 
Oh poop.
Even though I rarely practice the racing is fun.Disappointed.
 
I guess ill finally get out the house on a friday night now
 
I'm so sorry to hear about this :( I hope that we can run again as soon as possible... now I have time to play Batman Arkam City & Metal Gear HD collection ;)
 
I seem to be the destroyer of racing series lol I first drop out of FIA GT3 they disbanded, then TVR Spec series now they stopped racing, now this...

I really was hoping for a 3rd season as my situation is only temporary. Yes it is an on going issue but I never said I'm going to drop GT5 yet. Anyway I hope to race in the near future I had some great races with you guys.
 
A quick solution for this issue is to run smaller lounges , for example a max of 8 drivers to a lounge .

It would force us to split a group of 16 into 2 but it isn't the end of the world and we still get to race .

And we just mix the drivers up every week , for example the top 4 from both groups race the following week and the bottom 4 race each other .

just a thought .
 
I think we could just meet up and race something from the recommended cars.
The Calsonic GTR springs to mind instantly LOL.
Same time,you guys up for it?
 
Yeh I mean there must be some kinda racing series we could do , the bunch of us .

So many good drivers just don't want us to stop racing each other , maybe we could do a 1 make series .
 
I love racing with all you guys. And I don't want to stop that. :(:(:(
I have grown a lot (well, in driving.) racing with you guys and it was certainly extremely fun!

I wish we'll race again in the future.
MRC...forever?
 
Hey Soopa, I used to race with you in Super Tuner Championship Series. We've had the same BS too in AIWJT gt500/300 and have tried out a lot of variables. We had everyone post their Ping Test results-that looks like its very important in eliminating lag etc. Last race @Spa w/12 racers went fine, lap times consistent for everyone.

What seemed to work: Fixed Host-Open Lobby. Race setting "standard" No mics. No Visual Damage or Damage. Maybe we just got lucky that night, I don't know. Agreed, its gotten super frustrating.
 
thanks for the tip ncrthree, yeah I remember you from Super Tuner... I think our biggest problem will be the fact we are spread out across different continents, we have drivers from UK, Europe, Asia & the US, it's gonna be hard to get a stable connection even with low settings. It will also suck to have visual damage, mic's etc all switched off just to get the game to work, I've just had it with PD and their BS updates... :grumpy:
 
I'm in for any recommended races or one make series, enjoy this league too much just to give up so easily. I'm still yet to actually experience this bug.

Holding out to the hope it gets fixed in the next update although it's a very blunt hope. :indiff:
 
I think we are screwed until the next update , they have to be aware of the issue by now .
 
So guys,who's in it? This week same time we can all run Calsonic GTR's on hards.
 
So guys,who's in it? This week same time we can all run Calsonic GTR's on hards.

I think we can use the medium :)
Yeh I'd like for us to at least try .
 
hopefully they will work things out and we can try again in the future when we are hungry for some more racing action.
 
Update is coming out next week guys so hopefully it should fix everything.
 
Yeah hopefully the fix it...Meanwhile I hope we can just race just for fun in smaller groups.
Havent been on GT5 in awhile...
 
I'l be there Friday 👍
 
Update is coming out next week guys so hopefully it should fix everything.

Don't get your hopes up, this release was already scheduled so it's highly unlikely they will be putting in any fixes for new issues, that said their testing is low to almost non-existent for patches so maybe they will make an attempt at some last minute code changes :dopey:

This is a PD patch though so rather than what will this patch fix the question should probably what will this patch break... :lol: Seriously though if I released code the way they do I'd be sacked :sick:
 
Back