Midnight Racing Club - GT500 Season 3: CANCELLED DUE TO ONLINE BUG

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoopamanLuva
  • 351 comments
  • 19,298 views
cant make friday guys, gotta party t goto, sorry.
 
Ill be there friday
 
can anyone else make it for a race tonight?
 
Just a hot tip:

If you are going to test fixed ownership. The host should have a really good connection.

When doing races with not a fixed ownership everyone sends data to everyone, that means the more players in the room the more data needed to be sent from every client.

When having fixed ownership it will be like being two people in the room, you send your data to one person and receive data from one person. The host handle most of the traffic so his connection should be above average. The clients will have to receive more than they send and most connections in Europe isn't synchronised (similar down and up speed) so it's much better for your connection.

Some people say its ping related and it really is, but you could try your ping when transferring on maximum upload speed. Not even close to the small 32bytes of data normally used in a ping test.

Good luck with the testing guys, hope you solve it.
 
Thanks buddy, I usually get around 20Mb down and 8Mb up, should be enough to host up to 16 I would've thought....
 
That should be sufficient :)

Just make sure you clear system cache and restart GT5 if you done any online activity before the race. remote races, seasonal events etc.

Also make sure your ps3 gets enough cooling and it shouldn't freeze or disconnect on you, if you drop everyone will drop :ouch:
 
Guys as you may have noticed I haven't been active here or on PSN for about a week now. I'm still dealing with things at home and my time is getting thinner. I think I might need to drop out of this season if something changes that allows me to race I'll let you all know but for now I'm sorry but I need to focus on personal things right now.
 
No worries montal, sorry to hear that everythings a bit mad for you. Hope it all works out for you mate.
 
might be able to makd it tonight guys, taking my daughter to the party with me, so gonna be home before 12.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
 
I can make it 👍.
 
No good for me tonight.

As of now, all the new problems with GT5 have me down. I hate running no ABS, and no tire wear is a disappointment because I always believed that one of my own strengths was managing tires.

Don't get me wrong, I am not upset with the MRC, just PD. Now with the lap time lag issue, I am concerned that online racing for GT5 is dead until they fix it (if they can or will).

I have always looked forward to our Friday races but I am not sure if I still want to run considering what PD has done to the game.

I guess I will try and see what happens and make a decision from there. We may all find online racing pointless if the problems people are experiencing happen to us.
 
cant make friday guys, gotta party t goto, sorry.
If you're a party animal, I suspect a Friday night series is not such a good idea for you. :lol:

Do we have anyone for tonight or no? I'm game, but I'm in a testing mood, so I either want 10+ drivers, or to bang out some WSGTC/Pure practice/testing/specs type stuff.
 
I'm online and waiting
 
Doesn't look like it's happening Neal.
 
IDK, I haven't added Soopaman yet, I'll do that and check in again in a few.
Looks like we only have 3-4, so I'm guessing no though.
 
I guess everyone has just been busy or tired , see you all for the pre season challenge

Garage I really hope you don't quit you are one of my favorite drivers to watch in the replays :)
I share your feelings I do prefer the game with tire wear for I also feel tire management is one of my better driving talents but with the no abs the tires really last no time at all , it would present a whole other issue and challenge which probably wouldn't give us the most enjoyable season 3 .

Since pd made the drastic tire wear changes I have made the medium tire the new soft and adjusted my driving style and tuning.

Perhaps Soopa is just using this season to test a few things and in season 4 we might see tire wear again.
 
Last edited:
Sorry I didn't make it last night, started watching a film with the Mrs and completely slipped my mind...

The tyre wear was dropped because the increased wear didn't suit the length of our races any longer, it would've meant 3 or 4 stop races like the last race of season 2 which was no fun at all, introduced no ABS instead to match real life SuperGT and still give us a challenging drive.

I agree with you Garagefather PD has ruined this game now. The sad thing is it has probably been there all along, we've been doing our best to make it a fair race when it probably had more to do with connectivity than anything else, the issue is more pronounced now which is why people are noticing it but the truth is it was probably there all along just not as noticable!! :(
 
This game is unplayable in online, nevertheless I am still gonna race but only because I enjoy it. Hope it gets fixed in the next update. More and more people are noticing it, lets hope PD notice it too.
 
Experienced the issues in a league race with 12 or 13 people on track , I'm thinking that we can't race with more than 10 people anymore until they fix the issue .
 
I forgot about race day too, got obsessed lately with the 2009 FPV Force6 310. I can't believe I didn't know this car existed till now!
I must say it's disappointing if the issue persists, the tire wear thing is already bad, this is adding insult to injury.
 
Honestly the tire wear isn't as bad as people make it seem , you just have to stop using the soft and move onto the medium tire .

The medium is the new soft .

The online lag / distorted time is the real issue . Yesterday experienced the issue again and the worst part is it makes those with laggy connections faster and those with stable better connections slower , I usually ran 1 34s on soft tires at fuji f and yesterday I ran 1 37s in the race and then someone on medium ran a 1 33 9 which is impossible on the medium tire (gt 500 cars)

And I read in the thread that ds3 users are not affected as much as wheel users this is true , I witnessed this yesterday as the ds3 users zoomed pass me and I struggled with my car on 2 lap old medium tires that felt like 6 lap old hard tires .

This issues was there before the last update but something with the last update has made it more prominent.

Even Immortal had to quit the race so if you know it slows him down its a serious problem.

On a positive note I've never experienced this in Soopas lounge .
 
Soft is a qualifying tire now from what I gather. This is worrying, I hope PD know the issue exists.
In the meantime, how can we avoid this happening? Public lounge with <10 people?
 
it seems like fixed host lobbys might hold the bug at bay for a bit, but there needs to be extensive testing to find out exactly whats going on,not on our part but that of PD's.
 
Really starting to think I can't be bothered with this game anymore :indiff:
 
i can be bothered but it seems like competitive online racing leauges are rendered useless with this bug.
 
Does seem pointless doesn't it...
 
It does really, if the clock is running 4-5 seconds a lap slower for some players then what chance has anyone got, you practice all week for one race, then race day comes and u cant keep up even if you were vettel himself.
 
I'm retiring GT5, sorry guys but there is no point continuing the league with the game in the state it is, takes too much time to organise for a race that we can't be sure is in any way fair.

I've had some great fun racing with this game in the past, especially with you guys in this league, so thank you all for the races we've had and wish you all the best 👍
 
Back