Midnight Racing Club - GT500 Season 3: CANCELLED DUE TO ONLINE BUG

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoopamanLuva
  • 351 comments
  • 19,298 views
Xbox is not bad but i dont can drive with g27 there.
 
XBOX :lol:

It's not the PS3's fault PD can't write software for 🤬

I might just stick to playing BF3, never had any issues online with that game :)
 
Lol i know but there aint any otha driving games on ps3 like gt. At least on xbox theres forza.
 
I'd be tempted to give forza a try if I could use the wheel on my xbox, but since I can't...
 
Forza is verry bad i have test it.
 
i know that sucks big balls, and the wheel that is compatable with forza is garbage apparantly.
 
well at least there's GTAV to look forward to
 
F1 2011 is not bad.
But i only can drive one race game.
Because its not good when i play 2 games.
Because its diffrent handling
 
iRacing anyone ?

If PD doesn't fix this then I'm buying a subscription to iracing. Played Forza and it's way too arcadey to even bother.
 
Rfactor is verry good.
When the new is there i drive it.
 
Yes, much more advanced than GT5 but also a lot more expensive. If I upgrade I'm going to need to fork out a large amount of money getting my computer up to spec and even then iRacing itself isn't cheap.

Rfactor 2 looks good but the first one but seems to evolve around modding and the like. iRacing seems simpler in that sense, just very expensive.
 
ive just got rid of my desktop for a laptop, needed da room, baby

EDIT: maybee i shud have said 4 a baby, lol
 
Last edited:
How much is Iracing ?

I think I will stick it out with gt5 , I'm sure they will fix this soon or we just have a limit of 12 - 14 drivers per league.

I've also heard that this issue only happens with premium cars .
 
well it was thought that it only affected wheel users but immortal himself said he was affected, and he uses ds3, i think. Looks like it can happen to anyone at any time really.
 
Immortal uses a g27 .

It only seems to happen when the lounges are full I have noticed.

And it happens more in private lounges because private lounges use peer to peer sharing .

In lounges with fixed ownership it doesn't seem to happen .

If we do experience this when we start the season , soopa may have to create a fixed lounge and limit the entries to avoid random ppl from joining .

This is how I've seen this situation being handled in immortals gt500 league which I race on saturdays and this has cured the lag / weird slow timing issue .

There is a race this weekend and I expect around 14 - 16 drivers so this should be a true test to see if the fixed ownership lounge does indeed solve this issue .

I will let you guys know how it goes.

I need to get back to MRC practice as well , when can we all meet online for some practice ?
 
Immortal uses a g27 .

It only seems to happen when the lounges are full I have noticed.

And it happens more in private lounges because private lounges use peer to peer sharing .

In lounges with fixed ownership it doesn't seem to happen .

If we do experience this when we start the season , soopa may have to create a fixed lounge and limit the entries to avoid random ppl from joining .

This is how I've seen this situation being handled in immortals gt500 league which I race on saturdays and this has cured the lag / weird slow timing issue .

There is a race this weekend and I expect around 14 - 16 drivers so this should be a true test to see if the fixed ownership lounge does indeed solve this issue .

I will let you guys know how it goes.

I need to get back to MRC practice as well , when can we all meet online for some practice ?
As long as the host doesn't DC fixed host is fine, but if the host DC's the race is over for everyone, so whomever the host would be cannot DC, or it'll be a bigger issue then slow laps, because it would mean no laps.
 
well it cant be me, skengd or tyrell cos were always dc'in, that right?
 
well it cant be me, skengd or tyrell cos were always dc'in, that right?

Would have to be Soopa , he has always been the host . I'm pretty sure he has the best connection out of all of us .

Anyway let's get back to racing !!!
 
Xbox is not bad but i dont can drive with g27 there.
I know how you feel man,it's disappointing.
It's not the PS3's fault PD can't write software for 🤬
Have to agree with that though.It is their fault for designing crappy USB ports though,hidden under a darn block of plastic.
well at least there's GTAV to look forward to
LOL yeah,been playing saints row at a friends house in the meantime and using a giant pickup truck to destroy traffic.So fun making gang cars fly.:lol:

And my first time using the multi-quote function,so this is how it works!:p
 
SoopamanLuva
well at least there's GTAV to look forward to

I'm a huuuggeee fan of GTA games and am so looking forward to that! They are all just so fun!

Meanwhile, I've found something really fun (well, for me at least) to do in GT5.
 
Well...
You take a Toscana or Mt. Aso track and set it to max sectors, sharpness and complexity to create a tarmac rally-esque track. Oh and the road width has to be -5 too. Then take any rally car or any car you like and try going around as fast as possible like a tarmac rally. It's really fun! (Well...To me it is. :))
 
that actually does sound like fun! gonna try that later
 
Not really sure what we're gonna do about this connection issue, gonna have to get online and do some testing with different setups, e.g lounge, open lobby with fixed host, open lobby without fixed host, but we also need enough drivers to represent our usual turnout of 9-12 drivers...

I must say that I never really noticed it until it was pointed out, but now that I think back there were a few times last season where I'd set a decent time in practise but then failed to get anywhere near it race day, as I said before I'd put it down to lack of practise since for most of the season I only put in about 5-10 laps before race day to adjust the gears/suspension a bit. I remember thinking a few times that others seem to be having a much easier time with their cars while I was chasing but again put it down to tuning/practise. It seems like there was a lot more going on and the thread discussing this topic seems to suggest that the host is most likely to come off worse in certain situations, but it all seems to stem from the difference in peoples connection quality, this also makes a bit of sense because I've always been more competitive in leagues other than the MRC. The IHPRL for example had some extremely competitive racers including at least one who races with PURE and I managed to win that series...!

I know other drivers have commented in the past that when they join my room they have better grip than in their own, I always though that to be odd but now it makes a bit more sense, they were stealing grip from me every time :lol:
Can't believe the game has had this issue all along, kinda makes racing online a pointless exercise, actually it was software written by PD so I can believe it :sly:
 
This is not a Spec 2.0 bug
This bug has been around well before Spec 2.0.

Can't believe this bug wasn't really picked up sooner, there were a few doubts and rumours thrown around here and there but nothing big. I've never really experienced much difference, only gaining about 2 or 3 tenths on raceday, nothing like what's being discussed in the bug thread - 10 or so seconds a lap in some cases. I suppose they all add up though so unlucky Soopa. :lol:

Should we do an "official practice" or something this Friday midnight to test room setups ?
 
I think the most recent update has made the issue more pronounced, since they obviously messed around with the handling, PD really know how to balls up their patches, have they ever released a fix that didn't break something else? :lol:

I should be able to do some testing Friday, I haven't even bought my car yet so I should get that done and run it in before then, just not sure we'll get the numbers we need but I guess we'll see. We can run a few shorter races like SkengD did the other week and see what happens.
 
have they ever released a fix that didn't break something else?
No, they literally have not. 👎
 
Yeh let's organize a test session , with no tire wear it should be even easier to test and try to match times in free run and races .

What we must remember is that race pace is most times if not slower than the times you set in free run in lounge , its just like how the offline and online physics are different.

If times are off by 3 or more seconds then we know we are having a glitch/bug issue but since our rooms are usually not near full capacity I think we will be fine .
 
Yeh let's organize a test session , with no tire wear it should be even easier to test and try to match times in free run and races .

What we must remember is that race pace is most times if not slower than the times you set in free run in lounge , its just like how the offline and online physics are different.

If times are off by 3 or more seconds then we know we are having a glitch/bug issue but since our rooms are usually not near full capacity I think we will be fine .
Actually my lounge/lobby times are exactly the same.
My race laps are usually faster then free run laps.

How about a simple practice race/test session Friday night at scheduled race time?
 
Back