Midnight Racing Club - GT500 Season 3: CANCELLED DUE TO ONLINE BUG

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoopamanLuva
  • 351 comments
  • 19,297 views
You should test the lexus and the nsx neal and then make a decision , there still is a gtr available as well
 
Any chance of the raybrigg??
 
Good luck if you're taking the Raybrig. It'll bite your head off, but you'll grow to love it. :sly:
 
I just thought.
No ABS = Death to NSX drivers.
1 lock = R.I.P

I know the feeling...The inside front wheel especially is a biatch.
 
Is that with the ABS sure or can we vote ABS no or yes??
 
I think it's a sure thing Immortal,why?
 
Just so but i find its good when we vote.
 
Ran a 1 55 at suzuka without the abs , its hard locking up so easily
 
What bias are you using?I'll set a time when I get back.
 
Also for a basic car optimization I say run these settings.

All NSX must have 1150 KG 502HP
All GTR must have 1130 KG 502HP
All SC430 must have 1130 KG 512HP
Nizmo Z must be at 1150 KG 500HP
YellowHat Supra 1130 KG 502HP
Bandi SC430 1100 KG 512HP

Supra 98' should be either gone(Not SuperGT) or make downforce stay at 35/60 ( it can go 40/65)
That's my general idea behind the cars

My other thought since were running teams I say get rid of the JGTC Supra it's doesn't fit with the newer cars plus in real life it's slower then current SuperGT cars but in GT5 it's faster due to downforce.

I appreciate the effort you put in levelling the cars, however, with the success ballast its already gonna be a nightmare getting everyone on the track with the right specs adding additional power levels is gonna make it worse. I think the success ballast should prevent any one car/driver from running away with the championship. This was originally supposed to be a league for beginners but we had several drivers that are way above that join and so hopefully the success ballast will at least give someone else a chance at winning

I just thought.
No ABS = Death to NSX drivers.
1 lock = R.I.P

I hope not, I'd like to see the NSX used, I would take it but I've ran the NSX 2 seasons in a row and really should take something different...

Soopa I'll take a nsx, what's the choices?

If you're absolutely sure then you can change to whatever car is not red in the OP, there are plenty of cars still available including GT-R's, I will wait for you to confirm your change before updating ;)

Just so but i find its good when we vote.

Yes its good to vote on everything, however, you can only have 1 poll per thread :(
 
The more I stare at the Denso, the more pretty I think it is.
And phil's having a shopping crisis over at a shop selling 1:43 JGTC/Super GTs. :lol:
 
I actually agree with Mont,if his specs can level the cars it would be excellent.
 
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
Bhp: 518
Weight: 1130 kg
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 100%
Allowed mods: Rigidity Improvement

Honda ARTA NSX
Honda RAYBRIG NSX
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX
Bhp: 512
Weight: 1100 kg
PP: RAYBRIG: 606 | TAKATA DOME/ARTA: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: RAYBRIG: 96,1% | TAKATA DOME/ARTA: 94,4%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement

Honda EPSON NSX
Bhp: 532
Weight: 1150
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 99,7%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement

Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430
Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
Bhp: 512
Weight: 1130 kg
PP: 609 (With Full Aero)
PL: 95,1%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement

Reserves cars

Nissan WOODONE ADVAN CLARION GT-R
Bhp: 522
Weight: 1100 kg
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 93,8%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement

Lexus ENEOS SC430
Bhp: 532
Weight: 1100 kg
PP: 610 (With Full Aero)
PL: 98,9%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement

Toyota YELLOWHAT SUPRA
Bhp: 522
Weight: 1100 kg
PP: 604 (With Full Aero)
PL: 97,2%
Allowed Mods: Engine Stage 3, Rigidity Improvement

That are also good specs
 
Did you take that from PURE or some other league? It looks familiar.
 
I don't think anyone has found a perfect way to level the cars .

I think its best we stick with soopas formula .

It doesn't level the cars perfectly but neither does the other formula .
 
Those Specs are from pure and they run a success ballast as well. They all run within .2 seconds of each other. As for the success ballast it won't help under powered cars. Also if get I were a success ballast with your current rules it doesn't stat what to do with it. I would move to my liking to get desired handling. You should put Success ballast must remain at the 0 position to prevent an advantage to the NSX which would be improved with added weight to the front. Also gars will get some help with weight in the rear to improve exit speed and starting launches.

Just things you gotta look out for and I have faith that all the drivers here are trust worthy to run Specced settings. Actually 4 of us including myself has dealt with Specced cars in the past.

Lowzkai, Phil and I ran in FIA GT3: each car has it's own Spec.

Immortal in his other SuperGT series runs Pure Specced cars.

It's just a matter of having trust worthy drivers and if someone seems to now fit regs you can test them with a room Reg change.

Ex I'm in a NSX from the Pure spec. I'm running an extra turbo for extra powerlimiter. I think im so awesome because no one can tell.

But overseer Soopa is smarter then all he goes to watch race and he noticed a speed anomaly. So he go to his REG menu and sets the room to 502 HP my car is still on track. I laugh because my car fits under the Power regs Muhaha. Then he changes the room to 609PP which is what I'm supposed to be at of I didn't run the turbo. Oh no I get kicked off the track and out of the room, good buy cheaters.

Sorry for the long story but that's just one way to enforce a Specced series.
 
The more I stare at the Denso, the more pretty I think it is.
And phil's having a shopping crisis over at a shop selling 1:43 JGTC/Super GTs. :lol:
SuperGT cars made by Ebbro usually cost >50SGD,here it's half that!And mint in box too!
And don't get me started on the 1/18 scale models LOL.Now if I can just find a good Supra.
Specs seem good as each cars weakness will be less apparent,as long as changes are not drastic.
However I do not think the NSXs are faster than the SC430 in corners,at least not with my setup.Or is it because Im in the heavier Epson LOL.
 
I try to avoid putting in requirements I can't police, the ballast position for example, there is no point saying it must be at position 0 because I have no way of telling whether it is or not!

Also I appreciate you can catch people out by changing the regs to see if they get kicked, but say I wanted to check the Yellowhat Supra at 604PP, changing the regs will kick everyone and we all have to re-enter again. Entry will take ages with having to go through all the power/weight combinations and ensuring everyone goes on track when they should. Checking the weight is already an additional hassle with success ballast that is going to slow the whole thing down...

I appreciate this probably isn't the best way to run things and there are better series than the MRC out there, adding the success ballast is about as far as I'm willing to go whilst keeping things reasonably easy to organise, at the end of the day I just want a regular race I can go and have fun in. I don't need all the extra checking required to level the cars, sorry I just don't have the patience for it, if you want something more professional then the MRC is not for you and there is plenty of choice for SuperGT series out there ;)
 
With the specs montal posted the lexus cars are arguably faster than the gtrs .

The lexus cars were always stable with the turbo added they are just as fast as the gts in the straight line .

Has anyone else tested without the abs ? Curious to see and compare times
 
Skeng just curious,but what is your brake bias and differential braking setting?
And Soopa will there be pit stops?Can't seem to find info it.
Also will you consider any "endurance" rounds for tracks like the nurburgring?
 
Tyre wear is off so I don't see why anyone would pit.

Also will you consider any "endurance" rounds for tracks like the nurburgring?

+1
 
Oh so not compulsory to pit,thanks for the heads up.
Yeah it is Neal,apparently the wear is that bad now,have yet to try it as Im overseas.
 
yes I did consider endurance, I thought about having 3 races in the old single race format, but then that would be unfair on those who have extra ballast at that point in the season... We could always host some one-off spot races, but IMO PD have killed endurance races in GT5 now :(
 
How about just one season finale,since we dont take all the race results?
 
We could consider it if the tyre wear is fixed in another patch, otherwise we just spend too much time in the pits as was the case Friday, shame PD had to go and ruin the last race of the season for us!! Unless you meant an endurance with tyre wear off?
 
I did mean with it off,but not quite the same eh?
 
They should fix the tyre wear in the next patch. Surely they don't think racing tyres can't last more than a few laps of the Nurburgring.
 
Sounds like a good idea turning it off, it is bad.
 
I think this will be the end of MRC journey I'm afraid.

I don't play GT5 during the week at all now and that showed in my performances in Season 2. Also, having both TCS and ABS off is going to affect me a lot.

I've had a great time racing in this league. Soopa runs it very well and it's good to race with other racers who all drive cleanly.

You never know, maybe one day I will return. 👍

Cheers lads.
 
Back