Midnight Racing Club - GT500 Season 3: CANCELLED DUE TO ONLINE BUG

  • Thread starter Thread starter SoopamanLuva
  • 351 comments
  • 19,297 views
Wow I wasn't even aware tire wear would be switched off .

I should be able to do better than a 1 55 at suzuka now

edit : took another practice run now with the tire wear off , ive ran a 1 54 114

not bad considering season 2 i ran a 1 53 9xx in the race and 1 53 7xx in qualifying .

i should still be able to get a 1 53 in time with the supra , when tyrell and i get on the track together and discuss setup we should be able to get more out of the car

playing with no abs is quite a nice challenge , its a good feeling when you get a little lock up going in the final chicane but you dont lose it , if you guys understand what im saying.
 
Last edited:
I think this will be the end of MRC journey I'm afraid.

I don't play GT5 during the week at all now and that showed in my performances in Season 2. Also, having both TCS and ABS off is going to affect me a lot.

I've had a great time racing in this league. Soopa runs it very well and it's good to race with other racers who all drive cleanly.

You never know, maybe one day I will return. 👍

Cheers lads.

Sorry to lose you Kingy its been great racing with you, I also didn't have much time for this season and performance suffered too, I'm hoping to make at least one practise night a week for season 3... you're always welcome to come and join us whenever you want 👍
 
SkengD I'll be on later at about 10, are you ?
 
SkengD I'll be on later at about 10, are you ?

yes i will be on just send me a pm , we can test at a few tracks.

Kingy , sad to see you go , hope you come back one day and perhaps invest in a wheel , you will be missed
 
I will might practice tonight around 10:00 my time EST. Maybe get a few races going.
 
Soopa I'm practicing with the raybrigg and it's very lively! Lol, no abs is a challenge, gna keep trying wit da nsx.

EDIT: MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!
 
Last edited:
I'm interested to hear some of the times you guys are doing whenever you get some time for practice .

The no abs has a nice feel to it so far
 
Did some practice earlier and the car feels good, adjusting to no abs has been relatively easy, although I am glad I'm not learning in an NSX.

Merry Christmas everyone :)
 
Merry Christmas everyone! :)
 
Told you guys it wouldnt be a problem.;)
Yeah Skeng those little locks ups and the car shimmying under brakes at 10/10ths,the feel is pretty nice.Especially over bumps.
I cant wait to get back to Singapore...
 
I think my head wadn't screwed on straight when I took the 787B out for practice without ABS. It took me a full a-spec series to get used to.

In Tokyo, I'm 2s slower without ABS. ._.

Still have not tried the denso without ABS.
 
Trust me the Denso is very stable under brakes.The stock braking setting on the diff seems good.
 
I'm about half a second faster at Suzuka than I was in the Calsonic .

Ran a 53. 3 in yesterdays practice

This could just be down to the no tire wear , I do expect to see faster times on some tracks .
 
Skeng what do settings are you using for brake bias and differential?
 
Skeng what do settings are you using for brake bias and differential?


Ill send you in a pm

Anyone up for some practice today/tonight ?
 
Last edited:
Will probably come on later at about 9.
 
What time? I would be up for a few runs as I'm doing nothing when I get home around Midnight UK time.
 
I should be on then montal
 
If possible I'd like to get in this with the Arta NSX. Are there spots still available?
 
Sure,plenty of spots.Just add "Soopamanluva" on PSN and when he's back he'll get you into it.
Welcome to MRC and look forward to seeing you on track.
If you need any setup assistance on these NSX's I reckon Soopa can also help you out.
 
Ok Skengd I really like to get some practice races going ^_^ should be fun tonight.
 
Yes I would like to get a feeling of the times of some of the other drivers and how racing will be with the no abs .
 
It is not allowed Neal .

This is the new challenge for Season 3

Another change in season 3 is there will be no more pit stops , there is no more tire wear or fuel consumption.

When you have time join one of my practice sessions .
 
I've never heard of any league running w/o abs of at least 1 on gt5. Not sure I want to run w/o it. I guess I could try lowering my brake settings way down. Right now, the brakes lock up with the slightest pedal pressure.

PD ruining tire wear has really discouraged me. I am not sure the no abs change is a good replacement for turning tire wear off. So far, I dislike it as much. I sure hope PD sees the error of its ways. From forums I have looked into, a positive reaction for tire wear changes has been the most common. I wonder if any of them race longer events in leagues or are just running in sprints online? I could see widening the range of tire wear from hards to softs but all they did was increase wear across the board equally. They all wear out faster and there isn't much difference between them in terms of wear so the main complaints of the past remains valid even with the change.
 
Other leagues have just adjusted by using the medium and hard tires as well as doing more pit stops .

Running without the abs hasn't really slowed me down that much , I have tested on about 6 of the 12 tracks on the calendar and my times are equal if not better . The no tire wear will make our times faster than last seasons times.

I am yet to run any test racing and see what it will be like in competition , I'm sure a lot more locking up will occur but I'm sure we will adjust to that as well . Just a lot of early and precise braking.

I'm running a low brake balance seup .
 
i have run about a hour usin no abs in da raybrigg, i had to put my brake bias at 1 front and 0 at rear
 
Join me in my lounge in about 45 minutes neal and anyone else who is available.
 
If PD were to change tyre level back to a more manageable level would we go back to tyre wear on and abs on ?
 
I have 2.5 hours till I get home -_-
 
Back